Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 110

Thread: EATC o-ring repair - How to... with pics.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    65
    Posts
    623
    I did my o-rings a while back. Air was just coming out of the defroster vent all the time. I did find at least one bad o-ring. But when I put it back together, it still has the same problem. I went digging today and I think what I did was pulled the vacuum lines a little too hard when I was pulling the EATC out of the dash and I pulled loose something that looks like a plug with the vacuum lines going through it, with some foam around the outside of the plug as if it is supposed to be plugged into a hole. But I can't reach where it came from. I also can't even see because I can't bend my back enough. Been looking through the forums but can't find a picture of what I am talking about... I may have to go pay the dealer more money, again...
    Rice. It's what's for dinner...

    04 Marauder, black, supercharged
    03 Mustang Cobra convertible, sonic blue, supercharged by Ford
    95 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, 351, green/tan
    85 Saleen Mustang, black

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the N.C. Triangle
    Age
    68
    Posts
    26,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsor58 View Post
    I did my o-rings a while back. Air was just coming out of the defroster vent all the time. I did find at least one bad o-ring. But when I put it back together, it still has the same problem. I went digging today and I think what I did was pulled the vacuum lines a little too hard when I was pulling the EATC out of the dash and I pulled loose something that looks like a plug with the vacuum lines going through it, with some foam around the outside of the plug as if it is supposed to be plugged into a hole. But I can't reach where it came from. I also can't even see because I can't bend my back enough. Been looking through the forums but can't find a picture of what I am talking about... I may have to go pay the dealer more money, again...
    Re-check the the red connector inside the EATC. Make sure it's on the right way. Very easy to plug it in wrong or 1 pin off. The connector you are talking about is located to the left of the glove box. It's been my experience that it's very hard to disconnect unless you went "gorilla" on it when removing the EATC. You can take out the glove box to check that it is still connected. Did you take the solenoids apart or just pull the shaft out? If you took them apart you may have reinstalled the plunger(s) the wrong way. Or you may have a vacuum leak elsewhere under the dash or in the engine compartment.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

    "The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

    Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

    “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    65
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Re-check the the red connector inside the EATC. Make sure it's on the right way. Very easy to plug it in wrong or 1 pin off. The connector you are talking about is located to the left of the glove box. It's been my experience that it's very hard to disconnect unless you went "gorilla" on it when removing the EATC. You can take out the glove box to check that it is still connected. Did you take the solenoids apart or just pull the shaft out? If you took them apart you may have reinstalled the plunger(s) the wrong way. Or you may have a vacuum leak elsewhere under the dash or in the engine compartment.
    Thanks, FastBlackMerc. I will pull it and check that red connector. As for the solenoids, I was very careful to make sure I got them back together exactly like they came apart. And I only did one at a time. As for gorilla, I might have gone at least monkey on it...
    If the conector isn't it, I will pull the glove box. I ran across a description of how to get it out while trying to find a picture of the "plug" I was worried about. That should address it one way or another. Thanks again.
    Rice. It's what's for dinner...

    04 Marauder, black, supercharged
    03 Mustang Cobra convertible, sonic blue, supercharged by Ford
    95 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, 351, green/tan
    85 Saleen Mustang, black

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Upper Marlboro
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by jb513 View Post
    This is a great post! Thank you Black Noise but , I just spent $100 bucks on EBay for a remaned one before I saw this. SHHIITT!! Guess I'll fix my old one and try to sell it to get my money back...
    I think the dealer wasnt Crazy loot for this part, near 500 dolla
    This fix is great/ I did mine with NaPa O rings [couldnt locate the orange ones]
    Roger that

    Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Age
    61
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stMerc View Post
    For anyone interested. I got the o-rings from here.

    http://www.oringsandmore.com/servlet...ngs/Categories

    $1.70 pack of fifty. 2.50 shipped arrived in 3 days.

    Do you have a size and/or part number? Thx
    2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

    Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.



  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    13,676
    The size is -007.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

    The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Bad connection at the blend door motor & check fuse #23 (15 amp).

    Shop manual says, Blend door short or failure. go to pin point test "A".
    Where is this pin point test A?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    535
    Never mind I found it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,605
    A big thanks to Blck Noise on your write up. I just replaced the four O rings per your directions. Two hard as a rock. After many agoneizing hours in the car windows up then down heat on then off just all because of those little FN O rings.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Age
    61
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    The size is -007.
    Are these the correct ones? Just making sure before I rip the EATC apart. I noticed you have a minus sign(-) in front of the 007.

    http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicon...e-for-100-pcs/

    Thanks.
    2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

    Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.



  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    13,676
    Yes, those are the correct ones.

    It's not a minus sign, it's a dash...as in AS568A-007. O-rings are sized in either standard metric (cross sections are in 0.5 millimeter and inside diameters are in 1 millimeter increments) or in standard inch. The inch size is Aerospace Standard 568 published by the Society of Automotive Engineers.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

    The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Age
    61
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Yes, those are the correct ones.

    It's not a minus sign, it's a dash...as in AS568A-007. O-rings are sized in either standard metric (cross sections are in 0.5 millimeter and inside diameters are in 1 millimeter increments) or in standard inch. The inch size is Aerospace Standard 568 published by the Society of Automotive Engineers.
    Thanks. The ones I have are tiny. Difficult to tell the size from the photos since mine hasn't been taken apart yet.
    2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

    Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.



  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,605
    If your in need of EATC O rings Private Message me your address I will send you some for the job.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Niagara
    Age
    56
    Posts
    439
    Another satisfied self repair thanks to this post !! and if anyone is looking for some o-rings pm me also.
    03 Marauder 300A
    Build date: 6/11/02
    Wty start date:8/10/02
    Seq# 1082 of 7839

    200,000 plus enjoyable miles

    Kooks headers
    2 1/2 custom exhaust (h-pipe)
    Magnaflow high spun cats
    JLT CAI, JLT PCV pre-filter
    31mm Front, 24mm rear swaybars
    Xcal 3 with Lidio tune & dyno




  15. #45
    Just plain awesome. And cost was 0 thanks to a member on here.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. EATC Repair
    By fastblackmerc in forum Marauder Innovations
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 04:43 AM
  2. Eatc repair success
    By marauder410 in forum Shop Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 01:19 AM
  3. Eatc repair??
    By biggeorge04 in forum Shop Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 10:10 PM
  4. EATC Repair
    By PonyUP in forum Southern Marauders
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 06:13 PM
  5. Did the O-ring EATC repair...few questions.
    By 68Camaro in forum Shop Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •