Thread: Comin up on the big 70!!!!!

Comin up on the big 70!!!!!

i am about 500 miles away form hitting 70K miles on my 03 SB. I am 21 and tend to floor it more often than i should but was just wondering, what components, engine, suspension, cosmetic, should i be worried about taking a **** on me?????.

my dad once told me to never go by the "manufacturers" recommended change intervals and to always check your own on a regular basis

BTW, amsoil full synthetic 5w-20 w/ ~7500 miles , recently had trans rebuilt april of 2011

hello!?!?!?!?! anybody out there on MM.net?!?!??!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by jwibbity View Post
    i am about 500 miles away form hitting 70K miles on my 03 SB. I am 21 and tend to floor it more often than i should but was just wondering, what components, engine, suspension, cosmetic, should i be worried about taking a **** on me?????.

my dad once told me to never go by the "manufacturers" recommended change intervals and to always check your own on a regular basis

BTW, amsoil full synthetic 5w-20 w/ ~7500 miles , recently had trans rebuilt april of 2011
    I am at 92,000 and haven't had any major issues yet. Regular services and a periodic trans flush and filter change. Oil changes at about a 5,000 mile interval with MotorCraft 5-20w Semi-Synthetic since it was new. Original battery died at 91 months or 7.5 years. Replaced it with an OEM BXT 65-650. The idler pulley/tensioner went out about 2 years ago after developing the whine/whistle. Original brake pads lasted until 70K miles so I replace 'em with OEM. Hood squeak fixed with the rubber bumpers for an Explorer (or Ranger, I forget).
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    I am at 92,000 and haven't had any major issues yet. Regular services and a periodic trans flush and filter change. Oil changes at about a 5,000 mile interval with MotorCraft 5-20w Semi-Synthetic since it was new. Original battery died at 91 months or 7.5 years. Replaced it with an OEM BXT 65-650. The idler pulley/tensioner went out about 2 years ago after developing the whine/whistle. Original brake pads lasted until 70K miles so I replace 'em with OEM. Hood squeak fixed with the rubber bumpers for an Explorer (or Ranger, I forget).
    i fixed my hood squeak wit some wd40, , so ima get a idler tensioner, im not worried about the battery, got an optima red top on standby just in case the one i have now goes out, just replaced the rotors with r1 d/s, along with the SS brake lines

Thread Information