Thread: Ford Crown Marauder?

Question Ford Crown Marauder?

Freakin minivan pulled out in front of me and violated my right of way causing me to swerve in the wet and eventually lose control of my car, also causing me to slam into an unsuspecting toyota corolla. The minivam fled the scene, however being the on the spot thinker I am, I realized that they pulled out of a gas station, which I also confirmed had video cameras. I was not charged with the accident, and the minivan people have been rounded up, charged with the accident, and also fleeing the scene of an accident. Their insurance is covering the repairs to my 2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport, and the Toyota corolla.

The body shop owner is helping me out, and replacing my front bumper with a marauder bumper, my rear bumper with a marauder bumper, replacing my rear ford symbol with the mercury symbol, and I am switching over to the PI honeycomb grille. Supposedly there is going to be a Godshead replacement emblem that I can switch over to.

My interior already has the console shifter, but unfortunately its tan, so people in the know will know, but pretty soon, I am going to have myself quite the bastard marauder. hehehe

Take it easy guys,
    Blake Stewart
    2002 Crown Vic LX sport *SOLD* but still in the family

1985 monte carlo SS 477 rwhp T56 - parted out to go to law school

On the hunt for the Marauder I tried to get back in 2002!

Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm really looking forward to seeing pics when you get your Vic done. Be sure to post some to the gallery!
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

LightningVic: Good work! As fleet manager I wish my people would sometimes think! (quick) I am veryvery glad to hear tha no one was hurt by what happend. I also would like to see the pic when finished! All you will need now is the motor!!!
    Big Dog Jim
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Vic:

What do you mean by "honeycomb grill?" What does this grill look like?

2004 BLACK MERCURY MARAUDER
    SCT
    JLT Cold Air Induction
    PHP Intake Spacer
    Cobra Ported Manifolds
    Flowmaster 50's
    Magnaflow X-Pipe
    Stallion TC
    4:10's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Rear sway bar

1969 GREEN MACH I MUSTANG GT
    351 Windsor
    Shelby Cam
    Shelby Tri-Y headers
    Ported and polished heads
    10.5:1 Domed pistons/rods
    Balanced and blue-printed
    Offenhauser Intake
    NOS plummed under intake (8 fuel injectors, 8 NOS injectors)
    Art Carr TC
    Tranny shift kit
    Dual ignition with MSD
    3:90 Posi rear end
    Bought car when I was 16 and still have it

honeycomb grill

Just find any picture of a 2003 police interceptor. Regular Crown Vics come with a grill that is made up of layered thick vertical bars with the ford symbol in the middle. The PI grille has a thick outer rim, with a very thin honeycomb pattern. According to some police mag I was reading it increases the cooling capabilities by like 12 percent.
    good stuff
    Blake Stewart

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Will the Marauder front bumper cover match the Crown Victoria front panel? It looks like it should, but i've been told it doesn't match the shape properly. You may need to get a whole front panel for a Grand Marquis and grille

almost perfect

the marauder front bumper fits almost perfectly, except the vic has much wider beefier side marker lights than the marquis/marauder does, so they just cut off a little material off of each side around the marker lenses, it looks freakin awesome with my big clear lenses . bet your MMs dont have those

Sounds bad! Talk about a double take! "Is that a MM?" "Well... kinda..."

Good Job man!

I'm also eager to see some pix....

Can't wait for the Lightning motor to go in too, than you can back up the looks with some performance figures bro! Definitely keep me posted with pix and info, I'm always in need of good material for my site: www.jerseyvics.com (wish I had some time to upload all that work I did before on the old server, onto the new server.... damn work! lol)

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted... take lots of pix too!

--Russ

PS: JerseyVics@aol.com?subject=LightningVic

VaderSS Guest
    You might just have the first MM clone.

Yet another way the MM is similar to the SS, People clone them.

Hey LightningVic, I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and that those FOOLS that got into your space got caught and hopefully get whats coming to them. Fortunately you benefit from their stupidity and don't have to come out of pocket. Please post the PICS when you have them, I know its going to look awesome. Sorry for the accident and good luck.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Really? the side marker lights are supposed to be same, except for the fact that the Mercury ones have the turning light( and Marauder's are blacked)
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

marker lights

I dont know if they changed that for 03, but the 2 mercury marquis that I have been parked next to so far have both had much narrower clearance lamps. The crown vics are the same length but much wider. Really makes our cars look beefier, which is why I chose to keep CV lights with the bumper. The body shop is doing it now, so I dont know how its turned out yet, but it should look quite good

Maybe that's it then. the '03 CV side marker slightly different from the '02 CV, but same as the '03 Marquis. since your CV is an '02 the difference is pronounced
    I think the '03 Marquis side marker lights are different from '02 Marquis.

Thread Information