Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Prototype???

Talking Marauder Prototype???

After much searching of the web I have finally found an image of the "6000 SUX" from the first Robocop movie (1987).
    It fits the bill of Big, Bad, and Black even before the Impala SS came out, so who is copying who.

I wonder if I could get "6000 SUX" badges made up for my Marader?
    I have also posted this pic in the gallery section.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    SuperChips Custom Tuner 9100 (Lidio)
    180 Degree Thermostat
    Ford Motorsport 4.10 Gears
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Coldair Kit

Here's the guy that help design the cars for the movie. I've never seen the movie (I think there's been 6 of them, right? J/K). Looks like they were based on a Camero/Trans Am body...but, I DO remember flipping by the movie late one night, and I thought they used Taurus'...or was that for the "Classic" Judge Dredd with Stallone?

http://www.robertwebb.com/robocop.htm

That car in the movie always made me smile I think the cop cars were horrible however, the remind of a Taurus. IIRC the movie was out before the Taurus was in production.

jta

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --4:10 gears
    --SCT9100 Tuner (Lidio's Tune)
    --BFG KDW2 Tires (235/50 front; 255/55 rear)
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard
    1976 Eldorado Convertible For Sale
    In line for a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

Sure, an hour goes by without a reply and TAF has to beat my Taurus comments by seconds

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --4:10 gears
    --SCT9100 Tuner (Lidio's Tune)
    --BFG KDW2 Tires (235/50 front; 255/55 rear)
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard
    1976 Eldorado Convertible For Sale
    In line for a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

Quote Originally Posted by GarageMahal
    Sure, an hour goes by without a reply and TAF has to beat my Taurus comments by seconds
    I can't be here ALL the time....like RF, sniffin for "oil threads"

Movie Car

Todd - I concur it is either a Firebird or a Camero.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Quote Originally Posted by GarageMahal
    That car in the movie always made me smile I think the cop cars were horrible however, the remind of a Taurus. IIRC the movie was out before the Taurus was in production.

jta

hmm,... ok this date is off the top of my head ...but... I'm really good at this stuff. Robocop came out in 1987 (maybe late '86) The cop cars used in the film was a Ford Taurus.

Tom

I don't know what movies y'all been watching, but RoboCop's cop car was a stock Taurus, no disguises.

You don't see a lot of the "6000 SUX" on screen, but it's a '76 Pontiac LeMans under all that bondo.

Touche! Right on Mac.

I'd been followin' this thread, but had nothing to offer
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    I don't know what movies y'all been watching, but RoboCop's cop car was a stock Taurus, no disguises.

You don't see a lot of the "6000 SUX" on screen, but it's a '76 Pontiac LeMans under all that bondo.
    No would you beleive a Continintal Thats right. See Ford had the License so it was mostly Fords on screen. Heres one that you can catch in the 1st movie.
    Know the seen were the bad guys was in front of the TV store with the .50 cal rifles well look real close as Brodcker puts the rifle in back of his SUX and slaps the roof. The rearview mirror falls off. Boy they were not kidding about it being a POS!!!
    Accufab 65mm Throttlebody, 4.10 gears, and JDM Flipchip. Finally here.

In the future: total custom Twin Turbo at 15-18 PSI
    with Intercooler and 2003 Cobra Mustang lower end with Crank,Manley Rods, and 8.5 over1 Pistons.

14.976 @ 94.8 MPH 03 Marauder stock
    13.028 @ 104.6 MPH 02 Lightning JDM Flipchip,4# lower pulley, and Borla Catback. JLP Ramair, Oilbreather, JLP power pipe
    More to come

I cringe when I think how much money I spent on laserdiscs. Back before DVD's, if you wanted the best possible picture, great sound, and extras not seen on VHS, you shelled out $35, usually more, for LD's. I bought the Star Wars Trilogy boxed set, which set me back $150. Collectors item now .. these are pre "special edition" versions, though, sadly, laser rot has taken its toll.

One in my collection is a special edition "uncut" version of Robocop. This came with an extras disc that explained that the first generation Taurus, which was new to the market, was used rather than the specially created cop cars because Verhoven felt they looked sufficiently futuristic, were cheap, and were reliable. All they really did was paint them matte black and add logos. Another factor -- the special made cop cars made it difficult for the actor to get in and out of the car wearing the Robo suit. The first suit was rigid, heavy, and cumbersome. Peter Weller could actually get in and out of a Taurus wearing the suit.

Oh, and if you're wondering, the uncut version is considerably more violent, with more graphic gore. Two scenes in particular - when ED209 opens fire in the presentation, shooting some of the junior executives, and the "execution" scene of Murphy. The bad guys really, really put the hurt on him. Verhoven explained on the disc that the MPAA demanded the cuts, otherwise they would give it an X rating (no NC-17 in those days).
    So, snip snip, R rating, the rest is history.

I saw Robocop in a sneak preview about 6 weeks before it was released. We were asked to fill out a short questionaire and I remember that many of us in the theater were upset at how violent the movie was. When it was released I was surprised how good the reviews were. I guess that the version I saw was different.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    I saw Robocop in a sneak preview about 6 weeks before it was released. We were asked to fill out a short questionaire and I remember that many of us in the theater were upset at how violent the movie was. When it was released I was surprised how good the reviews were. I guess that the version I saw was different.
    Dan...you mean you COULD have stopped it's release??!!

Too bad you weren't in the focus group for Gigli

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    You probably saw the uncut version. I've never seen the uncut version on cable or DVD, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it on DVD some day. It's brutal.

BTW, I also have the SE Basic Instinct on laserdisc. This edition is also uncut, with an amazingly graphic amount of gore and violence (Verhoven had a realistic efx dummy made that was the receiver of the ice pick in the opening scene) and some explicit sex scenes that had to be cut. One thing I loved about my laserdisc player was the digital still frame and the ability to pan and zoom within the frame. The leg crossing scene comes to mind

In the movies they used Ford Taurus's as the cop cars.
    In the TV series they used mustangs and Impalas as cop cars.

The 6000 sux was built out of a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

The cars that Robert Webb built were never used in any of the films, because of some "legal" issues.

http://www.robocoparchive.com/info/thecars.htm

http://www.robocoparchive.com/
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    SuperChips Custom Tuner 9100 (Lidio)
    180 Degree Thermostat
    Ford Motorsport 4.10 Gears
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Coldair Kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information