Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83

Thread: 1st timer experience

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    3,833

    1st timer experience

    Being new to any situation can be un nerving to say the least. My wife and I don't do the "car show" "car club" thing due to the almost always presence of politics involved. Before we came to MV10 I was asked by several members to give this group a chance, don't judge all car groups because of past experiences...I am glad I listened.

    From the moment I got out of my car there were smiling faces and warm welcomes. The first person I met was Doom, we instantly got along. I wish I could remember everyone's names but there so many and all of you nice. Genuinely wanted us to be included, wanted to say hi, good afternoon, lets get a drink, lets play cards, lets grab a bite to eat, etc etc...I have never been to a gathering before where I felt at ease right off the bat. I am a social type, I LOVE to talk, but usually I have to force myself into a conversation...not so at MV10, I was asked to join.

    Thanks, thanks to the many people that we had the chance to meet and hang out with. I can honestly say that we will be back, looking forward to it.
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

    Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Afhaggisland
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    Being new to any situation can be un nerving to say the least. My wife and I don't do the "car show" "car club" thing due to the almost always presence of politics involved. Before we came to MV10 I was asked by several members to give this group a chance, don't judge all car groups because of past experiences...I am glad I listened.

    From the moment I got out of my car there were smiling faces and warm welcomes. The first person I met was Doom, we instantly got along. I wish I could remember everyone's names but there so many and all of you nice. Genuinely wanted us to be included, wanted to say hi, good afternoon, lets get a drink, lets play cards, lets grab a bite to eat, etc etc...I have never been to a gathering before where I felt at ease right off the bat. I am a social type, I LOVE to talk, but usually I have to force myself into a conversation...not so at MV10, I was asked to join.

    Thanks, thanks to the many people that we had the chance to meet and hang out with. I can honestly say that we will be back, looking forward to it.
    Isn't your name Joel? And is still say you should have gone after the cougar folding the laundry behind the front desk at the hotel.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)


    Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)


    Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)


    Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)


    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)


    Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)


    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

    The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights


    "THE BLACK BOMBER"


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Isn't your name Joel? And is still say you should have gone after the cougar folding the laundry behind the front desk at the hotel.
    Bwahahaha! Nope, I am not Joel! However, I do agree, Joel should have chased her down!!!!

    Joel was another great guy to meet, and we live within 45 min of each other!
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

    Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

  4. #4
    Haha no Haggis, I'm Joel. I would have preferred Courtney lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigan View Post
    Haha no Haggis, I'm Joel. I would have preferred Courtney lol
    Yes! Not that I was looking!
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

    Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Afhaggisland
    Posts
    12,030
    Just busten some chopps.

    Chris it was a great meeting you and your wife.

    Joel, if I was single and your age I would perfer Courtney also. Man you missed out on that. And thank you again for being a gentleman with Rachel, I was setting you up for the fall a hard fall, but you took it in stride and I am proud to call you a friend.


    Next time the S.H.I.T is on me.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)


    Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)


    Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)


    Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)


    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)


    Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)


    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

    The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights


    "THE BLACK BOMBER"


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Just busten some chopps.

    Chris it was a great meeting you and your wife.

    Joel, if I was single and your age I would perfer Courtney also. Man you missed out on that. And thank you again for being a gentleman with Rachel, I was setting you up for the fall a hard fall, but you took it in stride and I am proud to call you a friend.


    Next time the S.H.I.T is on me.
    You too! I had a blast shootin the ************ with you guys!
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

    Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Afhaggisland
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    You too! I had a blast shootin the ************ with you guys!
    Too bad the 'Boss' chassed me off, I could have had shot some more S.H.I.T with you.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)


    Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)


    Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)


    Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)


    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)


    Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)


    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

    The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights


    "THE BLACK BOMBER"


  9. #9
    Well I couldn't be anything less around a girl like her. I'd take a S.H.I.T from you anytime. What's the next event you will be at? I heard a lot of talk about Louisville?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Afhaggisland
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigan View Post
    Well I couldn't be anything less around a girl like her. I'd take a S.H.I.T from you anytime. What's the next event you will be at? I heard a lot of talk about Louisville?
    That's the place, I will be there, have not missed one yet. But, the S.H.I.T is not the same; not better or worse just not the same ************
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)


    Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)


    Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)


    Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)


    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)


    Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)


    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

    The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights


    "THE BLACK BOMBER"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lawrence Twp., NJ
    Age
    73
    Posts
    14,950

    Thumbs up We are after all marauders

    Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    Being new to any situation can be un nerving to say the least. My wife and I don't do the "car show" "car club" thing due to the almost always presence of politics involved. Before we came to MV10 I was asked by several members to give this group a chance, don't judge all car groups because of past experiences...I am glad I listened.

    From the moment I got out of my car there were smiling faces and warm welcomes. The first person I met was Doom, we instantly got along. I wish I could remember everyone's names but there so many and all of you nice. Genuinely wanted us to be included, wanted to say hi, good afternoon, lets get a drink, lets play cards, lets grab a bite to eat, etc etc...I have never been to a gathering before where I felt at ease right off the bat. I am a social type, I LOVE to talk, but usually I have to force myself into a conversation...not so at MV10, I was asked to join.

    Thanks, thanks to the many people that we had the chance to meet and hang out with. I can honestly say that we will be back, looking forward to it.
    Well yes we are a litte differant

    Chris it good to meet you and your wife and MV-X the next big event with in a short range of you will KY. in Spring.

    See you down the road.
    Member # 383.

    2003 Marauder Black.

    Build 8/13/02

    Launched 9/28/02

    Sold May 16, 2018

    #3,646 of 7,839 black '03

    1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

    2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

    Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim View Post
    Well yes we are a litte differant

    Chris it good to meet you and your wife and MV-X the next big event with in a short range of you will KY. in Spring.

    See you down the road.

    It was great to meet you too Bigdog! You have a great sense of humor! So do we have an itinerary yet for KY?????
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

    Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Smoke Cloud
    Posts
    16,157
    Chris it was great meeting you and your beautiful wife in person!

    Really enjoyed hanging out and talking with you!

    Thanks for giving us a chance!

    I think I still owe you a ride!!!

    The KING of BLING!


    BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

    Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,836
    Yes. Yes Chris. We are a close nit group!!




    Awesome time meeting you Chris. Maybe one day we can share a Coke

    Sent from my iPhone

    4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom
    Last edited by guspech750; 09-18-2012 at 11:50 AM.





    Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Derby City, KY
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    Yes. Yes Chris. We are a close nit group!!




    Sent from my iPhone

    4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom
    Joe,

    That pic cracks me up every damn time I see it.



    Mike.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1st Reinhart experience
    By ntd in forum Reinhart Automotive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 03:00 PM
  2. First timer
    By MMBLUE in forum Drag Racing Round-up
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
  3. Pre-1st Timer, Marauder
    By TByers in forum Marauder Wanted
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
  4. G-Timer... a new toy
    By HwyCruiser in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 09:54 PM
  5. Performance timer
    By Menace in forum Trilogy Motorsports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •