Thread: power steering cap

power steering cap

Like it says I need the cap or cover for the power steering resevoir....Got one to sell??Let me know.Thanks....Also looking for a 90 degree bend PVC valve..Can't find one..

Check here:

http://www.uprproducts.com/

Some of the 1999 - 2004 Mustang under the hood parts will fit our Marauders.

For the PCV valve elbow, visit a NAPA store. They should be able to find something that will fit. Or see if any FLAPS might have a PCV with the elbow. You might have to buy a different PCV to get the elbow.

Looking at what Dorman has to offer I found these part numbers that might work:

47047 - this looks like the best fit
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 10-15-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thanks FBM

I ordered the dorman 47047 elbow from Autozone,and they said they'll have it tomorrow...The thing with the power steering cap is I bought the chrome cap that fits over the whole top of the resevoir.These usually go on top of the original cap,which I no longer have because I needed to grind down the original to get my present cap on..
    Last edited by bugsyc; 10-15-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling

This is what I'm talking about..They have 1 OEM on ebay for like 20,didn't really want to pay that.Maybe a junk yard.I'll wait till it comes and see if what I have on it now will work or not
    Last edited by bugsyc; 10-30-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Regarding the PCV valve - if you heat the elbow up it comes off the old valve and can be reinstalled on the new valve. That's what I did. Of course if you don't have the old valve/elbow......
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

Elbow

Which elbow are you refering to? A rubber elbow?? Which new PVC valve did you put in??

Quote Originally Posted by bugsyc View Post
    Which elbow are you refering to? A rubber elbow?? Which new PVC valve did you put in??
    He's referring to the old PCV valve. You need to take the elbow off to put it on the new one. Running it under hot water will soften it up enough to take it off the old one and install it on the new one.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    He's referring to the old PCV valve. You need to take the elbow off to put it on the new one. Running it under hot water will soften it up enough to take it off the old one and install it on the new one.
    Yep - what he said.
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

cap and gown errr I mean PVC valve

Power steering cap gotten (thanks Paul) PVC elbow bought Dorman part#47047 from auto zone..Thanks to those who helped...

PVC valve replacement

I got the Dorman part number 47047 and it's tiny.No amount of heating in the world would get it over my valve.Maybe my valve is different..The side that goes to the hose is way too small.I can't figure it out.Anyway I bought a new valve that comes with 90 degree elbow...17.83 + 8...$25.83

Thread Information