Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Pedals Are In!!!!!!

Dead Pedal

[QUOTE=kbmg]8 left on the shelf.... :banana2:

Give me a call to order your very own, you'll wonder why the car didn't come from the factory with it.[/QUOTE]

I want one in black! Will call tomorrow... Thanks!

kbmg Guest
    Thank to djcwardog for the Dead Pedal order. We'll be shipping that out this afternoon on the big brown truck. :up:

I still have 5 left on the shelf. This will make a great Spring time addition to your Marauders after a long winters nap. :banana2:

Just ordered mine (Hi Dave!) :up:
    2003 300A Black Mercury Marauder 4334 of 7839
    Trilogy #150 installed by Carfixer & Tallboy 4/21/2007
    (brute's garage)

kbmg Guest
    Thanks BruteForce for the order, we'll ship it today. :up:

4 left on the shelf. :banana2:

[QUOTE=kbmg]Thanks BruteForce for the order, we'll ship it today. :up:

4 left on the shelf. :banana2:[/QUOTE]

David,

I got the DP today - that was fast shipping! Of course you are only 4 hours away!

One Q: The two bolts that loosely (for now) hold the pedal to your custom bracket - they seem a bit bound up when I finger tighten them beyond flush with the back of the nuts you have brazed onto your custom bracket. Will torque overcome this or should I chase the threads? Maybe that is by design to retain the bolts by friction once snugged tight? I may also cut a slit in my kick panel and feed the bracket in so that the side of the pedal bracket is [U]behind[/U] the panel - might look a little better than having all that black metal flush to and alongside the kick panel... Of course I'll have to bend the kick panel out to tighten those bolts! Thoughts?

kbmg Guest
    djc,

It wouldn't hurt to chase the threads first before installing the bracket. Sometimes, between the heat of the weld and painting, the threads on the nuts may get clogged up.

I do like your idea for the pedal bracket being mounted behind the kick panel. That will give a cleaner look. :up:

I have 4 remaining. :banana2:

Marauder04 Guest
    How your stock for Dead Pedal...???

[QUOTE=DL04]Finally installed the dead pedal- actually bought it before taking delivery of my Marauder! Did the install yesterday,really was a piece of cake{thanks to all the install tips found here} only took 25 minutes,and thats with stripping the threads on one of the welded nuts.Oh yeah dont try to enlarge the holes in the kick panel while its in place the drill bit will eat the threads! Luckily I had an old 1/4 20 tap in the tool box.Easy job,great addition to the car- as they say should've been there from the factory. :up:[/QUOTE]
    DL, your post was a life saver! I had one of the bolts cross thread on me, and you saved me a lot of gess work in what size the tap & die to use.:up:

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

New KB Autographed Marauder

Kenny, thanks for the prompt delivery and the "special touch". When I was awarded your logo windshield decal, I felt guilty that I really didn't have any right to display it--no KB mods. After checking the bank account balance, I purchased a dead pedal---to make the logo legal---I recieved my autographed pedal last week--family emergency has delayed installation--but, it will be installed before we have our monthly show( will send photos). Thanks for making my Marauder a "one of a kind" Kenny Brown. Thanks also for the support you give to our web site and to the individual Marauder owner. Your party was great--your facility is overwhelming and everyone there had a great time. I don't see any major mods in my future--but I'm only 75, got a lot of good years left--just like my Marauder. Thanks again , Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

I picked up a KB deal pedal at MVII and just put it in last week. I love it!

I used to drive with my left foot flat on the floor close to the front of the seat with my leg resting against the door. That was the only position I felt comfortable in. I took a spirited corner once and all of a sudden my seat starting to move forward because my knee was up against the adjuster on the door pushing it forward :eek:. It took me a moment to figure out what was up.

Now that the dead pedal is in my left foot has a home and it feels just right. Definately worth the money because it increases the comfort factor tremendously.

Thanks!

- JD
    Currently Marauderless but looking

Mr.David Frey - Thank You Very Much!
    Thanks for the call back on Monday & for taking my order while I was driving (sorry about the bad cell service!). You must have heard me well enough because the pedal arrived today & I just finnished the install tonight after dinner!
    The pedal is simple and very well made! Most brackets like that would be stamped or bent. I am very impressed with the weld/fabrication of this bracket - the bead, penetration and alignment are perfect! The template holes matched the bracket dead on and the install took well under the estimated hour on the instructions - 30-40 minutes and that included vacum cleaning the carpet and wash down of the trim while it was removed.
    Thanks again,
    Paul
    ...now if I can just get enough money for the rest of the "package"...
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information