Thread: D. R. Exhaust Mod.

Blog Entries

D. R. Exhaust Mod.

I had my Reinhart exhaust mod installed today, I took Dennis's advice and left the existing mufflers and tail pipes. Sounds real nice, The Muffler shop I used installed it in 3 hours,it was their first Marauder. Everything went real well,no problem's. Nice system.

I agree.
    Glad you are satisfied!

Smile DR Cobra E/S

This is the same system I am thinking of installing. Can you give us some more feedback on the sound, performance, seat of the pants difference, acceleration, etc. Were the E/Ms port matched, polished, ceramic coated, etc.

Thanks,

Glenn
    Trilogy #124 SOLD - 8/2014
    11.80 @ 117.16 MPH: SSHS9
    1.74 sec - 60'
    443 RWHP/437 RWTQ
    "Stock Internal Engine" - Click Below

DR exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    This is the same system I am thinking of installing. Can you give us some more feedback on the sound, performance, seat of the pants difference, acceleration, etc. Were the E/Ms port matched, polished, ceramic coated, etc.

Thanks,

Glenn
    I put the DR ceramic coated cobra e/m's & DR x-pipe w/ hi-flow cats in last week. Did it myself & then went to the muffler shop to have the pipe from the collectors to the mufflers welded. Good fit. One right side manifold to pipe bolt had too few threads--major noise on start up till I figured it out. The system was louder with the DR parts even keeping my Flowmaster 50's. But the wife liked the sound. No performance measures yet, but the coated e/m's sure look good.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Blog Entries
    The pair of EM I recieved were port matched, polished inside pretty smooth, and cermic coated looks real nice. Sound with the stock mufflers and tips on a little loader and a more powerful sound. As far as performance the car seams to run better and some more power is their.

This is the same system I am thinking of installing. Can you give us some more feedback on the sound, performance, seat of the pants difference, acceleration, etc. Were the E/Ms port matched, polished, ceramic coated, etc. Thanks, Glenn
    You're kidding...Right?

Marauder57 Guest
    The exhaust from DR is first rate........ nuff said....

Blog Entries

Thanks,

Glenn
    One other thing just to let you know, if you use the stock air filter the car is a little quieter than useing the K&N filter.

Glad to hear all the positive comments. If all goes as planned, I'll have the Reinhart Stage II completed in two weeks. I'm planning to have DR put mine on his dyno for a tune. I'll post the numbers when I get them.
    "Bought them to drive on the parkway, not park in the driveway."

Ol' Black I (aka: The Beast)
    2003 MM 300A
    born 08/07/02, bought on 10/01/02,
    expired 4/17/07 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=35570) but not retired.
    Revived 8/3/08, 660RWHP, 547LBTQ

Ol' Black II (aka: Beauty)
    2003 MM 300A
    bought on 5/14/2007

Talking D. R. Exhaust Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra25
    I had my Reinhart exhaust mod installed today, I took Dennis's advice and left the existing mufflers and tail pipes. Sounds real nice, The Muffler shop I used installed it in 3 hours,it was their first Marauder. Everything went real well,no problem's. Nice system.
    O-boy , now I have another mod to consider...
    I'll keep my Freedom, my Money, my Religion, my Guns & you can keep the " Change ".

Blog Entries
    2 things , first I did changed out the muffler's to 18 inch Magnaflow's but I went with 2 1/4 inch instead of 2 1/2 inch because the system need's a little bit of back pressure so you don't loose Torq. Second, I sprayed the pipe's with 1200 deg engine paint from the Manafolds to the cats & from the cats to the X pipe. it burned off. So I figured it was really hot and I didn't want the heat to go in my engine area so I bought a 50 foot roll (2 inch ) of DEI heat rap and did the pipe's I painted. I'll tell you this I'm glad I did, first my engine is running a little cooler and it cut down on the engine noise in that area ,also the sound from my tail pipe's sounds nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra25
    2 things , first I did changed out the muffler's to 18 inch Magnaflow's but I went with 2 1/4 inch instead of 2 1/2 inch because the system need's a little bit of back pressure so you don't loose Torq. Second, I sprayed the pipe's with 1200 deg engine paint from the Manafolds to the cats & from the cats to the X pipe. it burned off. So I figured it was really hot and I didn't want the heat to go in my engine area so I bought a 50 foot roll (2 inch ) of DEI heat rap and did the pipe's I painted. I'll tell you this I'm glad I did, first my engine is running a little cooler and it cut down on the engine noise in that area ,also the sound from my tail pipe's sounds nicer.
    Very Interesting---any chance you have pics of this "insulation"?
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

What Tom said. ^^^^^^^^
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Nevermind.
    Last edited by SergntMac; 03-17-2004 at 04:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marauderman
    Very Interesting---any chance you have pics of this "insulation"?
    I don't have any pic's of the pipe's with the heat wrap or as some call header wrap, but it did made a difference with my car. I did have the muffler shop take down the pipe and we w***** it on the floor the make sure we got a good tight wrap and so we also made sure we didn't leave any gap's. The heat wrap cost me about $45 and the labor taking down the pipe and wraping it cost me $ 65, so for about $110 dollars I do have less heat in the engine area and a better flowing exhaust. And we all know that less heat in the engine area is a good thing.

Thread Information