Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Supporting Membership --- Get some Flags

Supporting Membership --- Get some Flags

Thought it was about time to bring up this subject again.

Some of the newer members (and even some not so new members) here may be wondering about those "Checkered Flags" flying under some MM.Net member screenname/avatars. Like ^^^^^. Those flags denote a supporting/contributing member.

New members accumulate "stars" with their avatar based on the number of posts. Those stars convert to flags when you become a contributing supporter for the site.

MM.Net relies on your contributions, voluntary donations and those of the vendor sponsors to keep the lights on in this place. Without your help .... the unthinkable could happen. I support MM.Net because I believe in the site ... in what it has become over the years ... and for the info sharing and comaraderie that makes this place tick.

Your donation gives you access to the "Members Only Forum", some extra space in the photo gallery, the ability to do multiple PMs, and some other stuff. But most of all .... it guarantees that the site is up and running when you need it.

Moreover, these contributions/donations help to defray some of the costs and expenses for Marauder gatherings on the national or regional level held throughout the year (e.g. Maraudervilles, SSHS10, Carlisle "All Ford Nationals", Louisville, SSM picnic, etc.) If you have had the opportunity to attend any of these events over the years, you know that the benefit is returned to the membership many times over. At Marauderville 7, MM.Net covered the cost of Indy photos and certificates and entry to the Indy Hall of Fame. MM.Net offset some of the costs for MV8 and has done the same for MV9, MV10, and MV11. MM.Net sponsored the trophies awarded at Maraudervilles and at Carlisle All Ford Nationals. MM.Net has sponsored and paid for the Marauder tent/tables at Carlisle and supplied drinks, botted water and snacks for 3 days. At Louisville, MM.Net covers the cost of entry into some of the venues and sponsors the weekend breakfast gathering. If you have attended any of these events, you know what you get with membership. If you haven't attended one of these events ..... get yourself motivated and get the full MM.Net experience by meeting the faces behind the screennames and a real great bunch of folks to hang out with.

Of course, donations are not mandatory. You can play anytime you wish. But if you want to get those contributing member flags -- a contribution would help. Let's keep the lights on in here.

Thanks to MM.Net, our supporting Vendors and to our Contributing Membership for making this one of the best sites on the Net.

Think about it and do what you can, if you can. Get yourself some flags.

There's a link on the Home Page to make it happen >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/payments.php

Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK View Post
    1 / >100 posts
    2 Stars/Flags > 300 posts
    3 Stars/Flags > 600 posts
    4 Stars/Flags > 1,000 posts
    5 Stars/Flags > 3,000 posts

= Registered Member

= Supporting Member

Donation link (found on the Home Page): http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/payments.php
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 06-11-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Got my flags back
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Still waiting for my Blue ones....

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    The least i could do for all the great info!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

If we donate "extra" can we get flags the color of our Marauders?
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

M__________________
    Last edited by Ms. Denmark; 09-01-2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spell nazi
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Maybe one year bans would be more sufficient than lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    Maybe a slight tweak to the current system like requiring people to be members in good standing in order to join in and participate in MM.net sponsered/subsidized events would make sense. It would to me.
    I understand your point. However, I wouldn't do anything that would discourage any participation in the events. In my view, it is generally the initial participation in one of the events that encourages registered members to take the next step toward becoming a supporting member. You gotta get them interested first. But, not everyone has the ability to contribute.

I could definitely see adding some additional perks (even small ones) for the folks who are flying flags. Membership cards, certificates or window sticker for the MM?? Maybe different color badges at MM.Net events or some notation or icon on the badge of being a supporting member to acknowledge who the MM.Net supporters are. Maybe a couple extra perks at Marauderville or Carlisle --- such as extra stuff in the goodie bag, extra breakfast or lunch ticket, or a special MM.Net hat, armband, etc. We even had a "Supporting Members Only" raffle several years ago. Those are just a couple ideas to consider.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Last edited by Ms. Denmark; 09-01-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Blog Entries
    I've had my Flags for many years. The Mercury Marauder.net owners have donated back too many events, with out their help we may not of had the funds to pull off or keep the cost way down. I would just like to say* Thank You * to owners for the many years they have given back to all of us.

Thanks to clear this up I was wondering about when I joined up last year .

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    If we donate "extra" can we get flags the color of our Marauders?
    I got my black ones!
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    I could definitely see adding some additional perks (even small ones) for the folks who are flying flags. Membership cards, certificates or window sticker for the MM?? Maybe different color badges at MM.Net events or some notation or icon on the badge of being a supporting member to acknowledge who the MM.Net supporters are.
    Do we really need or want any of the above? That's just less money to spend on events, and requires more time and effort from the owners.
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Do we really need or want any of the above? That's just less money to spend on events, and requires more time and effort from the owners.
    Agreed
    MM.net does plenty
    All the extra goodies come from some of our more industrious members and should stay that way.

Happy to be a supporting member as is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's all BS until you can show me the time slip!

Trilogy #36
    #2529 of 7839
    See Garage for mods.
    O bsessive
    C ar
    D etailer

SOLD

2014 Caddilac CTSV Wagon
    CAI
    DRs
    11.70 @ 119 mph
    505 RWHP at Mo's untuned.

10/16 mods
    Ported blower. LTs catless mids, flex fuel kit, pulleys, badness.
    621/626 on E49 tuned for E85
    10.65 @ 128.9 SSHS16

Damn have flags and i don't even own a marauder, am I at the GN site? Damn no wonder why I can't fix my car with your help!!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information