Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: planning to purchase a marauder!

dark98stang Guest

planning to purchase a marauder!

I have finally decided on a real estate car and its going to be a mecury marauder

I not planning to purchase the car until the beginning of January.

I was wondering of how much did everyone pay for their marauder besides TTT ????

Is invoice $31,583???

Is the standard to get $250 over invoice???

I have a lot of dealers around here that have marauders, so I have a lot of dealers to buy from.

Everbody seems to have gotten different deals based on Dealer's deals and other perks offered, but here in NC in Nov.02 I got the sticker of $34465 down to 31465 and then they had the $2000 reduction sale ,,so before any trade and down money it was at $29388 for me--ended up with a payment of $15288 owed as I drove it off...so it all depends..
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Bought mine last month. I offered $500 over invoice and he took it. Guess I should have aimed lower, huh? The dealers have a little over a grand in holdback on these cars, so you should be able to buy it below invoice if you drive a hard bargain. Plus the $2000 rebate. I also got a $500 customer cash check in the mail from Ford a couple of weeks later. I did not even expect that, but I am not asking any questions! Happy hunting!
    '03 MM (original owner)
    '88 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (For Sale)
    '84 Porsche 911 M491
    '90 325i track day special
    '11 Airstream Interstate
    '99 F350 PSD
    '70 K20
    '10 Range Rover (wife's driver)

Got mine for $27,900...

dark98stang Guest
    Originally posted by LincMercLover
    Got mine for $27,900...
    how did you get such a low price???

Did you go a ford plan???

I am curious of how you got it that low

I told the guy I wouldn't screw his wife if he gave it to me at that price... LOL, no... JK!

On top of rebates and A-Plan the car managed to come out to $27,900 and change. Not too bad considering you can pick one up for $29,995 around here now. Of course I have no options, which I don't care... A trunk mounted CD changer sounded retarded when the LS's get in-dash! And the trunk organizer to me is just extra weight (altough I don't know how much they really weigh) that I'll never use. If it's too small to be in the trunk, it usually goes on the rear floor board.

dark98stang: you did not say weather or not you have a trade? In the Phila. area MM go for 29,349 after rebates. Check Mercurys web site (WWW.mercuryvehicle.com)for rebates and so forth in your area. Check out the dealership before you buy it. I can make a lot of difference down the road.
    Big Dog Jim
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

dark98stang Guest
    Originally posted by Bigdogjim
    dark98stang: you did not say weather or not you have a trade? In the Phila. area MM go for 29,349 after rebates. Check Mercurys web site (WWW.mercuryvehicle.com)for rebates and so forth in your area. Check out the dealership before you buy it. I can make a lot of difference down the road.
    Big Dog Jim
    Trading of the other cars is done after figuring the price of the marauder.

I know how much I am supposed to get on my trade-ins, but I wanted to know how low of a price people got a marauder.

Bought mine a while back, there were no deals, no creative financing, no discount, no a-z plans, nothing...and I'm not telling what I paid. Considering what the dealer gave me for my trade in (a 2000 Mountaineer, loaded) I won't ***** bad deal for me, because I know he won't get that back on his used lot.

Bottom line for me, was that I wanted the car, and I'm pleased. Buy one, it's a slice of history, why sweat the pennies. You won't be thinking of them once you hit pavement.

Good luck.

dark98stang,

If you can move your schedule up and buy during the week between Christmas and New Years... That is a really crappy time for the dealers as they are looking at meeting both quarterly numbers and annual numbers...wait til mid January and that pressure is off..

In Atlanta you can get a MM for $29,000.00 to $29,995.00 plus TTL... walk in the 28th and it might get even better....
    Wayne

ouch

I bought mine way back in June. I won't say what I paid for it, but it was THOUSANDS more than what they go for now. Most dealers around here were $1500 to $4000 OVER sticker back then (I did pay less than that). Many dealers still have them sitting on the lots. They just are not selling in this area too much. I still don't see any driving around at all. But I can't complain, I wanted one, and I bought it. But for you guys that want one, now it the time to get one.
    "Pete, you could drop 2 tenths if you lose some weight"
    2002 Rendezvous CXL (hers)
    1968 Chevelle SS 396 convertible (not her's)
    1967 Chevelle coupe (not her's either)
    2002 Explorer Sport (not her's again)
    2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro Turbo (was daughter's, now mine. Quick little bugger)

Ditto, Walked in, test drove it, wife asked if i liked, couldn't answer cause I was just sitting there going "vroom vroom" so she said lets talk to the dealer. Paid to much, but hey. I love it.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

Post MM price

Bought mine the second week of july, both options Before TTT. $32,400, my wife and I really wanted it and nothing else and perhaps that why we paid so high. No regrets the car has been a pure joy to own, I can't remember the last time just simply driving a car made me so happy. Just be prepared to walk away if you are not offered the deal you consider fair and remember no matter what you pay: someone, somewhere will pay less. Life is short. Enjoy the Drive!!!
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

dark98stang: My error on the web page --www.mercuryvehicles.com--
    Sorry about that.
    Big Dog Jim
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

I got mine the second of July. My dealer was asking a $3000. markup. I paid sticker for it. Quite a bit more than many of you paid, but I don't regret it. I think I had the first one in Southern California and I haven't been able to wipe the grin off my face since I got it! Frankly, I think $35,000 for this car is a good value considering that I think one would have to go to about $50,000 to get something comparable like the caddy STS, a BMW or a Jag.

Now, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't rather have paid less than $30,000 like many of you have!
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4WD V6
    2008 Mercury Sable Premier
    2002 Mercury Sable LS (Sold)
    1998 Ford Contour Sport (Sold)
    1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 (Scrapped)
    1997 Mercury Villager Nautica (Sold)
    2003 Mazda Protege5 (Sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information