Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest

I own a 03 CVPI that is somewhat modded, good and reliable, but the body and interior is rough. 2 year member over at CVN.

rather than fixing the body and interior issues, I figure it'll be more economical to get a marauder.

I live in just north of Seattle Washington. willing to drive to look at anything as far as idaho/oregon, and will consider cars at a further distance if the price is right and a buyers inspection is performed.

currently in the works with a dealer very close to me that has an 03, but I think he needs to drop the price a bit before we can deal.

seattle marauder the original sticker said 10.9 but hes now got it on special for 7.9k its got 156k mi, body is near perfect, interior needs some work, small rip ontop of the center console, guage pod is missing, does have the heated seats, aftermarket moonroof but headliner is hanging some, and two inches of water on the passanger rear floorboard(firewall or moonroof). engine seems to run great could use a belt and oil change, motorcraft battery and wipers tell me it was dealer serviced, but the rear end is howling(03 axles & bearings)

I'm a professional mechanic, I fixed the water leaks on my CVPI, as well as the axles, but parts alone are going to cost 600-800 for the axles, the water leaks will just take time and some silicone, the gauge pod can be found for around 100$?

do you think its worth the 8000+taxes considering the miles and repairs needed I was offering 6500. I do like it becuase its mostly unmolested, heated seats and clean body.

I wouldnt pay the $8000 he is asking. If it didnt have all the problems you list, maybe. Good luck!
    Last edited by FF1077; 02-21-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I cant spell
    Trilogy #90 Black 2003 300A 32k miles.
    Kooks exhaust, headers are heat wrapped. Killer Chiller. CAI. Oil catch can. 410 gears. Rear cooling mod. Larger rear sway bar. Transmission has j-mod and a deeper pan. 2006 Ford Escape Radio. Working oil pressure gauge. Inner Cooler Fluid Temp Gauge. Hurst line lock. Metco Drive Shaft Loop.

You don't see them out here that often, I think you are on track with a 6500
    offer. That car has been listed for a while. If the moonroof is not factory I would sure work that for a price adjustment. Don't think any 03's had the moon roof.
    Good luck
    300A Black Wife's DD
    300B DPB Mine

thats what I'm thinking. it just sucks becuase if it does sell, it'll be a while before I see another for sale in the area. and buying from a distance means an extra $1000 to have it inspected and shipped.

the first time I saw it they wouldnt let me drive it because my license still said intermediate license on it, even though its been a full license for over 3 years(its still vertical even though im 21) so we talked prices and he didnt want to budge from his 7995 even though I argued the water leaks axles and other problems, after I said I wanted to take it in for a buyers inspection. they said no problem just call us the day before and get your license renewed. I called them tuesday and had an apointment for wensday at my shop, went to the DOL in the morning, got my license renewed($45, but it needed to be done anyway) went to the lot, and they told me they sold it, that it was going to be shipped to california, I asked how much, he said full sticker, weather that meant 7.9 9.9 or 10.9 im not sure, but thats when I knew he was lying to me. no one buys one of these sight unseen for more that its worth, 2 states away.

sure enough, later that day he posted it on CL agian, and agian the day after, and its still marked avaible on their website. I will drive by today and see if its still on the lot.

so i dont know how I should proceed, since I'm 95% sure he didnt sell it like he said, I still want the car, but for the right price, and him lying to me does not exactly make me want to offer more $. do I just wait it out a while and make him relize he's not getting 8, or do I send a freind in to low-ball him, i dont want him to think theres more interest that there acually is though, or do I just go in and ask him if he's ready to sell it yet?

advice?

Sound to rough to deal with a jerk like that and after you fix everything the money you will have in it you could have got a better one. If you bough it another great deal will pop up.i would wait and find a good one.there has been a few more come up in the portland area than here just nothing right now. Also he may not wanted it inspected because there is more wrong than you already found.
    73TORINO SPORT 112K M. BOUGHT NEW
    04 DTR 42K M.
    03 BLK 9K M.
    07 GT500 10K M.
    98 MARK VIII 70K M. BOUGHT NEW
    21 EXPLORER PLATINUM 3.0
    18 GENESIS G80 5.0
    78 RANCHERO 5.0
    54 GMC

yea, I was thinking that he either thought I was some young punk who just wanted to joy-ride it(I am a young punk, but I am a serious buyer) or he knew there was nothing good to come from the buyers inspection(from his view) and I was already lower than he wants to sell.

I peaked underneath with a flashlight, looked like some minor oil leaks, which are to be expected, but I just didnt want to find major issues or rust.

oh did I mention the car does not have front plate bracket, indicating its from out-of-state.

looks like it was finally marked as sold on his website. maybe he did sell it... oh well.
    Last edited by Logizyme; 02-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.

"The used car that you are searching for is no longer available."

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    I own a 03 CVPI that is somewhat modded, good and reliable, but the body and interior is rough. 2 year member over at CVN.

rather than fixing the body and interior issues, I figure it'll be more economical to get a marauder.

I live in just north of Seattle Washington. willing to drive to look at anything as far as idaho/oregon, and will consider cars at a further distance if the price is right and a buyers inspection is performed.

currently in the works with a dealer very close to me that has an 03, but I think he needs to drop the price a bit before we can deal.

seattle marauder the original sticker said 10.9 but hes now got it on special for 7.9k its got 156k mi, body is near perfect, interior needs some work, small rip ontop of the center console, guage pod is missing, does have the heated seats, aftermarket moonroof but headliner is hanging some, and two inches of water on the passanger rear floorboard(firewall or moonroof). engine seems to run great could use a belt and oil change, motorcraft battery and wipers tell me it was dealer serviced, but the rear end is howling(03 axles & bearings)

I'm a professional mechanic, I fixed the water leaks on my CVPI, as well as the axles, but parts alone are going to cost 600-800 for the axles, the water leaks will just take time and some silicone, the gauge pod can be found for around 100$?

do you think its worth the 8000+taxes considering the miles and repairs needed I was offering 6500. I do like it becuase its mostly unmolested, heated seats and clean body.

You know there are a couple nice ones on the San Francisco. The drive might be worth it.

the 2004 in SF does loook nice.

900miles, 12+ hrs driving. I'd have to get two days off in a row, but it could be done.

thanks for the heads up.

Its funny I don't live here but everywhere i visit i look for parts. and found an ok parts car if i wanted to send it back to alaska but he still wants to much.

I don't live in SF... but can Check out a car there for you if you have one there that you want me to view. plenty of MM.net members have looked helped driven viewed and advised for me. Let me know!

I am headed to SF THIS Friday!

Heck... I am in Seatlle right now and travel there for work every two weeks or so... If it worked I could even drive it up if you wanted!

cool new BLUE in bay area fr $12,000

^ link please

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...er_180410635_5

for some reason that does not look like a factory Dark pearl blue.

but the paint on the inside door jam does look clean, so its either one good re-spray, my eyes, or the camera they use.
    Last edited by Logizyme; 03-08-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Dealer says VIN is a factory dark pearl blue. makes it a car I'd like to have.

If anyone wants to look at it for me, I'd appreiciate it, google maps show this place to be pretty far south of SF though.

McCarthy's
    43 Higuera
    San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

shoot, I guess I saw the post too late, called them this afternoon and they sold it this morning.
    Last edited by Logizyme; 03-08-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information