Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: North Texas Marauders Meeting Information!

Monthly meeting

Thanks, guys for starting the reminder--been kinda busy--yep--thurs. Dec 9th. before 7 PM at John Eagle. Now, the service writer that handles the Marauders and discounts best is Jared Martin--he's the ass't Service mansger and gets the job done. Just call him on his dedicated line---214-353-3513--just tell him you have a Marauder and are a member of the Lone Star Cougar Club and what you need and when--he'll do his best to accomodate you--he's done some great work for me. See you there.
    Also check out the thread I am about to post on the Club Christmas Party. Ya'll come----Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer
    Thanks, guys for starting the reminder--been kinda busy--yep--thurs. Dec 9th. before 7 PM at John Eagle. Now, the service writer that handles the Marauders and discounts best is Jared Martin--he's the ass't Service mansger and gets the job done. Just call him on his dedicated line---214-353-3513--just tell him you have a Marauder and are a member of the Lone Star Cougar Club and what you need and when--he'll do his best to accomodate you--he's done some great work for me. See you there.
    Also check out the thread I am about to post on the Club Christmas Party. Ya'll come----Maury
    THATS A BIG 10-4 ON JARED
    HE HASN'T MISSED A BEAT ON ANYTHING I HAVE EVER NEEDED, EVEN REPLACED THE DRIVER DOOR PANEL ON LINDA'S MM AFTER A WINDOW MOTOR REPLACEMENT @ NO CHARGE BECAUSE THE RETAINER PIN WASN'T SEATED IN THE PANEL CLIP JUST RIGHT AND THE PANEL WAS A LITTLE BIT LOOSE IN ONE CORNER SO HE JUST GOT A NEW PANEL AND INSTALLED ATE THE COST AND LABOR NOW THATS A STANDUP GUY
    ALSO GIVES SUPER ATTENTION TO DETAIL ON MY MOMS 97 GM
    THANKS JOHN EAGLE AND YOUR STAFF
    SR
    goin fast is fun
    goin faster is funner
    goin fastest is funnest

Reminder--John Eagle Tomorrow (Thursday)

Had my grand daughters Focus in for service today--will have the Marauder in for emergency brake work tomorrow, so I'll be there early---see you there, maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

hdwrench Guest
    sorry i didnt make the meeting. I was planning to but I've had a real bad day... so i figured it was best not to come. I got bummed out first thing this morning hearing about the murders at the Damageplan show in OH.
    Those guys are local and Ive been a fan for 15 yrs (pantera) so... I cant believe it.

Really a bad thing. It was kinda weird because I watched the movie about John Lennon's life last night.
    Redster (aka Rodster)
    04 MM DTR
    ONeill equipped
    96 Audi A4 (ONeill equipped)
    2007 Shelby GT (ONeill equipped)(SAAC equipped)
    2002 Sable

hdwrench Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster
    Really a bad thing. It was kinda weird because I watched the movie about John Lennon's life last night.
    yeah this happened 24 yrs to the day of the lennon murder. strange

Quote Originally Posted by hdwrench
    sorry i didnt make the meeting. I was planning to but I've had a real bad day... so i figured it was best not to come. I got bummed out first thing this morning hearing about the murders at the Damageplan show in OH.
    Those guys are local and Ive been a fan for 15 yrs (pantera) so... I cant believe it.
    dude,.. I know... long time Pantera fan here too.

R.I.P. Dimebag

Joshua, Texas (between Burleson & Cleburne)
    When I was a kid (16 or 17-fake ID) I used to hang out in Fort Worth bar
    called Savvy's and used to see a local band called Pantera. Darrell Abbott (He wasn't "Dimebag" yet) was the guitar player and was a year younger than I was. His Mom used to drive him and his brother and stay for all the gigs with earplugs in her ears. The club owners wouldn't let him in unless she was with him to assure there was no drinking etc..
    Fast forward to 1988 when I was doing stand-up Pantera didn't have a record
    deal yet (I think Cowboys from Hell was 1990) but I opened for Pantera a couple of times in a Fort Worth club called Joe's Garage. It was odd but in those days they never used a band as an opening act- always a comic- i never asked why. Darrell and I would drink shots after the show and laugh about his Mom's earplugs and sneaking into bars. He was a class act and a real-deal nice guy. I can't say we were friends but I can say that we were freindly. I think there are a lot of DFW folks with stories like this. Great guy who will be missed.

hdwrench Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003 MIB
    When I was a kid (16 or 17-fake ID) I used to hang out in Fort Worth bar
    called Savvy's and used to see a local band called Pantera. Darrell Abbott (He wasn't "Dimebag" yet) was the guitar player and was a year younger than I was. His Mom used to drive him and his brother and stay for all the gigs with earplugs in her ears. The club owners wouldn't let him in unless she was with him to assure there was no drinking etc..
    Fast forward to 1988 when I was doing stand-up Pantera didn't have a record
    deal yet (I think Cowboys from Hell was 1990) but I opened for Pantera a couple of times in a Fort Worth club called Joe's Garage. It was odd but in those days they never used a band as an opening act- always a comic- i never asked why. Darrell and I would drink shots after the show and laugh about his Mom's earplugs and sneaking into bars. He was a class act and a real-deal nice guy. I can't say we were friends but I can say that we were freindly. I think there are a lot of DFW folks with stories like this. Great guy who will be missed.
    I saw them at joe's garage... 89 or 90.

Unhappy RIP "CowBoy"

Me too...

I know them from the "garage days" and damn they were good even before they were known, and the comedy was really the right thing for that crowd.
    Do ya'll remember seeing them at the Arcadia, Trees, or Dallas City Limits, or at the Rage???
    I do...

OK , back on subject !!!

The monthly LSCC/NTM membership meeting will be at John Eagle at 7:00 PM on Thursday, Jan 13th ---Please be there if you can---lots of things to do. I will be there early for LOF and tranny fluid change, so I'll see you there, Maury
    Last edited by cruzer; 01-03-2005 at 10:53 PM. Reason: text
    2003 MM 300B Black
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Exclamation Change Of Plans

CHANGE OF PLANS There will be NO meeting at John Eagle this thurs, Feb 10th. everyone who was planning to attend the meeting is requested to come to the Dallas Market Hall at 2100 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, 75207, and help set up the LSCC display area and position and prep the display cars. Dan will be there about 3:30 PM and I should be there shortly afterward----we finished up about 8:30 PM last year---come by anytime. I did this last year and thoroughly enjoyed it---you get a chance to see all the displays FREE--and talk to the owners--it's a lot of fun--hope you can make it. See you there, Maury
    Last edited by cruzer; 02-07-2005 at 09:53 PM. Reason: additional info
    2003 MM 300B Black
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Mar 10th at John Eagle

It's that time again---Meeting at John Eagle, same time same place--I'll be in early getting an inspection--see you there, Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

April Meeting

Just a reminder---John Eagle, Thursday, Apr 14th ---last meeting before picnic---wil be there early for an oil change and I lost my a/c blower low speed today--hope they can get it Thursday--lots to discuss---see you there, Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Quote Originally Posted by Racerx88
    That would be the Goodguys Show at Texas Motor Speedway Oct. 4-5.
    They won't let our cars in, but maybe we could meet out there and at least park together. I'll probably be out there Saturday morning.
    They'll let oone of my cars in. In fact my 38 Ford was on the cover of the Goodguys Gazette a couple of years ago.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread Information