Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Double Din Touchscreen/Nav Suggestion

Double Din Touchscreen/Nav Suggestion

Hey Everyone,

Another member's thread about his radio going out got me thinking. I have had similar problems with my radio, so when the day comes (which I assume will be sooner rather than later) for me to replace my stock radio, I want to have an idea what I am going to be replacing it with.

I have looked through the "Show me your double dins" thread to get some ideas but am still looking for some advice.

I looked at the Escape Audiophile radio that many are using and while it looks nice, the price isn't that much cheaper for one than I could getting a double din NAV unit for. So I am considering going with a nav unit instead.

I do like very factory looking everything. So I will NOT be putting a sub box in the trunk, want any buttons on the faceplate surround to match interior light color or darn close. The more factory looking the better. The less permanent modifications I have to do to the interior the better also

I would like to have the following options with the headunit -
    1. Navigation (I have nav on my Samsung Note 2 Android Phone, but if I'm going to go to the expense and word to install a double din it should have it also).
    2. Steering wheel controls (want to be able to use my current steering wheel controls as if the unit was factory)
    3. Doesn't make sound any worse, preferably better and works with stock setup (will not be changing out stock sub or door speakers for a while).
    4. Works with bluetooth (would like to be able to use Pandora, etc without having to connect phone manually).
    5. Bright screen, have a hard time seeing the lower end pioneer I put in my mother's truck in the sun...so I want to make sure that isn't an issue.
    6. Quick response to touch and startup.

Other options - Would like an internal harddrive or be able to use factory cd changer...or both. Would really like to still be able to use factory cd changer.
    Could care less about DVD playback.
    Would be nice to be able to add a backup camera, but not neccesary.

I'm looking to spend around $400 or less on the unit (I know I will be getting used most likely, but can find plenty of used in good condition on Ebay for similar).

So looking for suggestions on what to get, Brand & Model. Then I can look around for pricing.

Thanks everyone!
    Black 2003 300A Marauder Build Date 06-02 100K Miles
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

1995 Chevy Suburban K1500

I "think" everything in your want list, including the price (besides add ons) my Pioneer AVIC F700BT will handle.

I got a great deal from Pops on here. John can hook you up with everything in need.

No DVD (don't need) and the key beeps are really annoying, other than that its been great.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Last edited by fastblackmerc; 05-13-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Wasnt there a member on here who put a touchscreen/navigation head unit from a lincoln navigator in their Rauder?I think he was from Europe. Someone refresh my memory please.

All I remember is it looked stock but he had to make a custom wiring harness.
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys! I forgot to mention I would also like to have RDS still if possible. I really enjoy having it and would hate to loose it. 99% of the stations in my area broadcast it so its nice to be able to see the song title and artist info just by looking at the radio.
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Quote Originally Posted by dmjarosz View Post
    Wasnt there a member on here who put a touchscreen/navigation head unit from a lincoln navigator in their Rauder?I think he was from Europe. Someone refresh my memory please.

All I remember is it looked stock but he had to make a custom wiring harness.
    Yes. That looked the best!! So OEM.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Kenwood DNX 6140 See Crutchfield for info.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Any pros or cons of Kenwood vs Pioneer? I know back in the day when I had my original Marauder Kenwood was what everyone was recommending, now it seems more to be Pioneer. Just wondering if there were any big problems with either.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

I tried finding the thread for the Navigator H/U install but no luck
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    I'd like to see that too!

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

I think I remember it being from a 05-06 Navigator. Anyone here with access to wiring diagrams? Shouldnt be too much work to check if the wiring would line up.
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    I thought I had it saved. But I guess I did not

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom
    Last edited by guspech750; 05-13-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Great quotes!!
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Well did a forum search for all posts with the word Navigator or Aviator and looked at all 40 pages. No luck After looking at both online, it appears the only one that might have a chance of working is the Aviator as the Navigator has part of the dash attached to it and is much larger than double din size total. The aviator looks like it might work..though not sure how you would secure it in the dash...
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Why is it that Crutchfield says all 2 din radios does not fit whena double din is in there. I always wondered about that
    VMARAUDER -
    2004 Dark Toreador Red
    Simply called "The Red Car", Build Date 4-20-2004, #2618 of 3214, #849 of 980 in DTR, Stainless Works LT Headers with SW Full Exhaust, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutches, Dyno by Modern Muscle, Mo's Speed Shop Tune, 277 rwhp 296.43 torque, Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, K&N CAI, Alpine CDA-117 CD Receiver, PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control , Rear Spoiler, Viper Alarm, From Sparta Performance...Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms, Watts Link, Stainless Steel Brake lines, Raybestos R300 S Groove Rotors with Advance Tech Ceramic Pads, Pro-Gard

It Ain't What You Got It's The Way You Use It

New DD 2014 F150 Lariat - EcoBoosted
    and 2013 Lincoln MKX
    1998 Grand Marquis GS 175K Sold at 199k
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Gave away at 251k
    RIP 2003 Garnd Marquis LS 280k miles
    RIP 1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 295k miles

Because our cars require modification for many to work.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information