Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Double Din Touchscreen/Nav Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

I have this. Thumbs up!
    Last edited by tbone; 05-16-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VMARAUDER View Post
    Why is it that Crutchfield says all 2 din radios does not fit whena double din is in there. I always wondered about that
    Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    Because our cars require modification for many to work.
    The modification is very easy to do.

Once you remove the stock headunit, you have to remove the small lip on the top & bottom of the opening. Multiple passes with a razor knife and the lips will break off. Leave the side lips.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

How are the map updates on the pioneer avic-x940bt and kenwood dnx6140? Am I going to have to pay $100 a year to get map updates?
    Black 2003 300A Marauder Build Date 06-02 100K Miles
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

1995 Chevy Suburban K1500

How are the map updates on the pioneer avic-x940bt and kenwood dnx6140? Am I going to have to pay $100 a year to get map updates?
    I've never paid for an update... even when I had my AVIC-D2. You can always find the new DVD's on the internet..... bit torrent.....
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

This past week I was in two neighborhoods & realized it is time update my map system in my gps.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Well did a forum search for all posts with the word Navigator or Aviator and looked at all 40 pages. No luck After looking at both online, it appears the only one that might have a chance of working is the Aviator as the Navigator has part of the dash attached to it and is much larger than double din size total. The aviator looks like it might work..though not sure how you would secure it in the dash...
    Ah ha! Well not exactly but there is some talk of a factory navigation system. I dont think its touch screen though. Pic is in post #31

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...harness&page=3
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

The 05-06 Navi comes with a Sony THX system so it wont work the plug same, but has an amp in the center of dash. And the mounts would mor of a hassle then to do an aftermarket radio. if you want a bad ass radio look at the Kenwood DNN9990hd

Thanks for the continued info, not a fan of the look on that factory GPS, even though the fact that it is factory is nice, it looks like a 1990 gameboy game.

I looked the at DNN9990HD, must say it does look nice but no way I can find that one even used in my range it doesn't look like...but I will keep an eye out just in case.
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

go big, or go home.
    AVIC-Z150BH

Thanks for the continued info, not a fan of the look on that factory GPS, even though the fact that it is factory is nice, it looks like a 1990 gameboy game.

I looked the at DNN9990HD, must say it does look nice but no way I can find that one even used in my range it doesn't look like...but I will keep an eye out just in case.
    You get what you pay for. Cost will effect you once. After your purchase you will be more concerned with quality & performance.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

I can appreciate getting what you pay for, hence not looking at low end clarion units. However seeing as how I just bought a house that needs major remodel work and am on a pretty low salary, what I have to spend is what I have to spend. I do appreciate the suggestion though and if I find one closer to what I can afford I may snap it up. Currently they are listed for $1500 most places.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

I can appreciate getting what you pay for, hence not looking at low end clarion units. However seeing as how I just bought a house that needs major remodel work and am on a pretty low salary, what I have to spend is what I have to spend. I do appreciate the suggestion though and if I find one closer to what I can afford I may snap it up. Currently they are listed for $1500 most places.
    My X940BT was $600.00, after a $100.00 rebate
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Yeah the X940BT is what I am leaning towards, it seems closest to my price range. The Kenwood is also, but harder to find and not a whole lot about it.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

I have the X940BT as well based on several recommendations.
    Very pleased so far
    17 PORSCHE Macan S
    13 Mercedes-Benz 550SL
    03 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4
    03 Merc Marauder 300A
    -Build Date 8/16/02; purchased 11/07/02
    Totaled 12/05/21
    -#3685 of 7838 and is 3684 of 7093 in Black
    02 H-D Softail Duece
    65 Merc Park Lane Marauder (project in process)
    55 Nash Ambassador Custom LeMans (The Loveboat)

Trilogy #131
    George

firmware bugs

Keep in mind these fancy all-in-wonder GPS/NAV/head units can be plagued with firmware bugs which may or may not get fixed. Rumor has it Kenwood was infamous for buggy units.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information