Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Double Din Touchscreen/Nav Suggestion

lifespeed - yeah that is something I worry about some, but I am hoping with some of the pioneer units that hopefully its less of a problem?

I have been looking back and forth at 3 really, the Pioneer AVIC-X940BT, Pioneer AVIC-X850BT, & Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH. The X940BT I like because of the volume knob vs the 850BT. I can find both for less than $600 which is pretty much the top I am willing to spend period. The 850BT seems to be alot more available for whatever reason. The Z140BH I have seen multiple places as mentioned as an upgrade to the x940, as it includes HD radio, voice selection, and a few other options. It also includes a 7" screen vs the 6.1" of the others, which I really like. However I am worried about the motorized screen... Is this something I should worry about, or with this higher end units are the motorized systems stable?
    Black 2003 300A Marauder Build Date 06-02 100K Miles
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

1995 Chevy Suburban K1500

Quote Originally Posted by dmjarosz View Post
    Ah ha! Well not exactly but there is some talk of a factory navigation system. I dont think its touch screen though. Pic is in post #31

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...harness&page=3
    That radio/nav unit was used in the 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid (other years and models possibly as well). The Nav runs off of CDs. There's a whole CD pack for Canada, one for the Northeast, and if you go far enough in any direction it will lose you because you are out of the range of the current CD. Supports external CD Changer as well. The RDS hardly ever updates (perhaps that is the broadcaster at fault and not the unit). It isn't a touch screen and the screen is relatively small but all in all the unit works well and sounds quite good too
    2003 300A #5377 130,XXX Miles

Drilled and slotted rotors from Ebay
    JLT
    Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and 3" catback.
    Mo's Tune

Good to know, license2bill. Thanks for the info!
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    lifespeed - yeah that is something I worry about some, but I am hoping with some of the pioneer units that hopefully its less of a problem?
    I haven't tried any of the units you mention. Hopefully some diligent online research will reveal the state of their various bugs. I have a 2012 Ford Focus with MyFord Touch, software designed by Microsoft, that is a bug-riddled steaming pile.

Certainly one can't assume that whatever fault exists today will be fixed in the future. Whatever you buy, do so with the cynicism that it will remain the same firmware for it's life. If the bugs are too serious, don't buy it. You never know if they will fix it, or even make it worse!
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

So after doing a decent bit of research I think I have decided on the Pioneer Avic-Z140BH. It has a lot of similiarities to the X940BT, except larger screen, traffic tuner included, motorized faceplate, and uses SD cards.

However I still need some part numbers for accessories I will need. Don't know if anyone has this (or the Z110, Z120, or Z130) installed in their MM, but I think some of the parts if not all will be the same.

Right now I need part numbers for:

Any mounting kits, etc that I will need?
    Wiring harness I need?
    Good backup camera to use...or specs I should look for in one?

Thanks
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

So after doing a decent bit of research I think I have decided on the Pioneer Avic-Z140BH. It has a lot of similiarities to the X940BT, except larger screen, traffic tuner included, motorized faceplate, and uses SD cards.

However I still need some part numbers for accessories I will need. Don't know if anyone has this (or the Z110, Z120, or Z130) installed in their MM, but I think some of the parts if not all will be the same.

Right now I need part numbers for:

Any mounting kits, etc that I will need?
    Wiring harness I need?
    Good backup camera to use...or specs I should look for in one?

Thanks
    You will need a double din installation kit like this - Scosche FD1330B / FD1330

A wiring connector like this - Scosche FD23B / FD23

An interface for the steering wheel controls (if you want to keep them) made by this company - http://www.pac-audio.com/default.aspx
    The model you get will depend on the radio you install.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thank you sir, that is what I was looking for. Is PAC the best brand for the steering wheel controls, or should i go with Axxess?
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Thank you sir, that is what I was looking for. Is PAC the best brand for the steering wheel controls, or should i go with Axxess?
    Either one works.

You just need to remove the top and bottom lips in the stock opening. Shortening the shelf will make installing the wiring harnesses easier.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

10-4, sounds like a plan. Just curious, will a factory radio reinstall and be secure once the lips are removed in case I sold with a factory radio later? I know the radio clips in on the side, was just curious about the lips. No biggie if not.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

10-4, sounds like a plan. Just curious, will a factory radio reinstall and be secure once the lips are removed in case I sold with a factory radio later? I know the radio clips in on the side, was just curious about the lips. No biggie if not.
    Reread post #38.......

You ONLY remove the top & bottom lips.

The side lips are still used to secure the aftermarket headunit.

I saw a post on CV.net and the yo-yo removed all four lips...... ended up gluing the headunit in....
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

That's what I thought, just wasn't sure the purpose of the bottom and top lips and didn't know if they did anything for the stock radio.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

I have this unit and it does everything. I got mine on ebay and I'm sure it can be had cheap, since it is discontinued.

Need some help guys, I got the Avic-Z140BH (pretty much the same as the X940BT, except 7.1" screen, no volume knob, and motorized faceplate; even the same install manual) as well as the suggested wiring harness, XM tuner, backup camera, and dash kit. So I am trying to solder up the wiring harness from the new unit to the wiring harness adapter and found that in the manual it states you connect the right rear speaker wires to the sub and don't connect the left rear speaker wires.... So this means my rear speakers won't be hooked up...and instead my sub will. How do I hook up my factory amp/sub and keep my factory speakers also?

The manual states "When a subwoofer is connected to this navigation system instead of a rear speaker, change the rear output setting in the initial setting. (Refer to the Operation Manual.) The subwoofer output of this navigation system is monaural." Then a little below that, "When using a subwoofer of 70W, be sure to connect with violet and violet/black leads of this navigation system. Do not connect anything with green and green/black leads."

The speaker colors are as follows:
    Left Front - White & White/Black
    Left Rear - Green & Green/Black
    Right Front - Gray & Gray/Black
    Right Rear - Violet & Violet/Black

Then if connecting sub Green & Green/Black not used. Violet & Violet/Black connect to sub only. Therefore no rear speakers... Help?
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Reread post #38.......

You ONLY remove the top & bottom lips.

The side lips are still used to secure the aftermarket headunit.

I saw a post on CV.net and the yo-yo removed all four lips...... ended up gluing the headunit in....
    I'm currently researching a DD solution myself and was curious to know if you or anyone else here has a PIC of the top and bottom tabs to cut.

Thanks in advance!
    2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder w/ Factory Spoiler
    Born: 05/13/2004
    Adopted: 10/23/2004
    Inherited: 04/23/2010

I put a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT in about two years ago. I added the backup camera (great move), Sirius radio, and steering wheel controls. At shows, I watch HD DVD's on the 8 inch screen. The Nav system if light years better than my TomTom.
    If only it could make a good cup of coffee, I'd never leave the garage.
    Last edited by jsignorelli; 10-24-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information