Thread: Terminator Swapped Marauder overheating issues, Help please

Terminator Swapped Marauder overheating issues, Help please

I swapped an 03 Terminator motor into an 03 Marauder, but am having issues.

1) Car runs very hot. alternator is reversed, but seems like it cannot get sufficient air to cool it during midday driving. I think the heat broke the alternator, as it will no longer maintain the 12v.

If anyone can help, please message me.

Thank you

Sounds like typical air in the cooling system. Did you squeeze every hose multiple times while having a funnel in the cross over tube fill hole filled with coolant prior to starting? It takes a solid ten minutes of compressing all hoses to rid the air.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

If you are driving the alternator in the factory 03/04 Cobra way its likely its been over spun if you didn't put an under drive on the alt. Very common problem, check out the numerious alternator posts on www.svtperformance.com

I run a 3.2" (4lb) under drive on my alternator with a stock lower. Still charges idle at 14v and doesn't shut off from being over spun at 4000rpm or get killed.

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

What coolant temps are you seeing?
    What t-stat are you running?
    Did you burp the system?

thank you for the feedback! i'll try the recommendations and let you guys know!

Get the nose of the car as high as you can. Warm it up with the rad cap off, its the only thing that worked for me.. The best place to do this is San Francisco, the streets are pitched enough to do this without ramps! LOL

When I mean high, I mean as high as you can possibly get it without flipping it over.. You can also open the crossover fill as well but put a tightly fitting funnel in there and pack it full of coolant when it burps and the level goes low.

Thread Information