Thread: baby seat

baby seat

At 42, my wife and I are expecting our first baby in late April. One of the reasons I bought the MM was so that we had a real 'family car' (tradeed in an 8-yr old Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited).

The key selling point to the marital unit was that there was latches for a baby seat (she knows n o t h i n g about cars).

OK, so now I need help - which baby seat will protect young slowpoke the best?

slowpoke

LOL, funny you mentioned that... I took mine out when I fixed my sub rattle...

I saw some really cool black leather babyseats the other day at some department store. My wife just about laid an egg when I suggested that I replace my current babyseats for these new ones!

Johnny
    - SCT ala DR. Yippee!!

I think I've got a couple old ones up in the attic, you'd be welcome to; but I think these would be considered more like ejection seats by todays standards. Hooks over the front seat with a little steering wheel and horn(horn no longer works; disabled that feature after about a week of nonstop beeping).
    Maybe a custom upholstered leather seat w/ a small godshead emblem to match. Of course then you'd have to get a matching leather jacket, sunglasses and if you've gone this far----add the little steering wheel(minus the horn)

I think your seats would be too big.... but thanks anyway!

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/c...dseatmain.html

Here ya go. Get them started early
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

^LMAO!^ That is too funny, but that would be SO me when I have kids...

Slowpoke---

Here's a hint- When using a baby seat ( regardless of type) place a thick towel down first so the car seat sits on it--this will help in preventing imprints into the leather seating....

Also---the latches were required in all vehicles(USA) after the 2000 year model...but any excuse will do to get an MM----Right!
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Talking

Had great success with "carry" types that clips into receiver & stroller.

Also I can't say enough good about the Britax - Super Elite.
    - perfect fit for the rear-center position.
    - 5 pt. harness up to 80 lbs.
    - my 4 yr old (40lbs) loves it, even on a long trip this summer!
    - use a towel, but make sure its tight! I check once a week to be sure!

http://www.epinions.com/Britax_Super...splay_~reviews
    http://www.childseat.com/

Best regards! Tom

Yea mount the seat in the trunk.Turn up the base and you cant here the screaming!!
    Do not do this with the new mom in the car!!
    This only works for trips shorter than 3200 miles.

Just kidding (as far as you know).
    I'm sure your wife has picked out the child carrieing equipment all ready.
    Back when I was in the market for this stuff (9 years ago) I thought the Simpson seat would be very cool in my Hot Rod 64 Comet.But truth is the new multi carry seats that convert from carrier to stroller to car seat would be much better for a baby.Reason? You don't have to transfer them from one to the other and back.Every transfer wakes them up!(place several smilies here).
    Wait about 2 years then install the cool simpson or some other booster type.

Has any body ever thought about the child restaint system used when you where a kid?
    MOMS ARM!!Think about it.

cyclone03,

Mom's arms! Ha! We would lay down on the shelf behind the back seat and go to sleep!

We had no idea...
    04 Marauder 300A - Dark Toreador Red - STOCK - 1 of 980
    Build date: 11/17/2003 - Delivered: 03/24/2004
    Heated Seats - CD Changer - Trunk Org. - SS Inserts - JLT CAI - McGard Locks
    Gone but not forgotten...
    03 Marauder 300A - Black

We started out with a baby basket on the back seat. The company I worked with then made parachute harnesses. I had them make a special seat belt for the back seat that would hold the baby basket in place. Installed anchors, etc. myself. When the kids got old enough, my wife had them stand next to her on the seat tucked in behind her right shoulder when she was driving, or held them in her lap when I drove. The older kids sat in the back with lap belts. Later, during the station wagon years ('67 Chrsyler T&C), we used to fold the seats down in the back (had foam mattress cut to fit) and let the kids use it as a play pen. That's the way we drove from L.A. to Chicago and back for a lot of years. God, were we lucky!

Bill Smith

More then a few years ago, when I was but a child (9ish) My father was stationed in Naples, Italy. Being a practical man for the most part, my dad purchased a Fiat. Cheap, small and parts were readly avalable. Anyway, we were on the way to our home from the base, travleing in the fast lane and coming out of a tunnel, there was a box in the middle of the road. My father dodged around it and there, right in the middle of the road was I think one of only 5 american cars in the area. STOPPED in the FAST LANE, about to BACK up and pick up his wifes new BIKE !!
    (see box. Was fastened down with a, sigular, non plural, 1, bungie cord)

Well, My father had nowhere to go , so he put the car into the gaurd-rail and rode it into the back of the car. None of us had seatbelts on, but we all survived. My mother was the worse injured, Broken arm, deep cut to the leg, and sprained ankle.

From that day forward, I have always worn my seat-belt. That is what it takes sometimes.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

I have a 17 month old baby and the car seat I use is from Century, (Room to Grow), web site is; www.centuryproducts.com, the one I used when she was a new born is also from century, it comes with the stroller and carrier for new borns. Also I suggest when you use the car seat, to protect your Leather, go to any Army Surplus Store and buy a green sleeping mat, cut it to the proper size to fit the entire back side of the car seat top to bottom, and the width also, buy a black 100% cotton piece of cloth material to cover it up, has to be sewn to fit, matches perfect. Good luck and Congratulations on the new born.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Wink

My only complaint about the tall booster seats, the auto dimming mirror sensor is partially blocked.

Thread Information