Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASWC Issue?

ASWC Issue?

Hey Everyone,

Having an issue with the AWSC in my car. Using it with the Pioneer Z140BH and when I turn the lights on it looses the volume control. Lights off everything works fine. Lights on volume up no longer works and volume down intermittently turns volume up. Then I can turn them right back off and its normal.

Any clue what is going on?

Also anyone with similar have problems with Pandora and their radio? Mine is very picky, loosing connection often.
    Black 2003 300A Marauder Build Date 06-02 100K Miles
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

1995 Chevy Suburban K1500

Losing connection in the radio is a common feature of the Marauder.
    Upgrade to a Escape/Mariner in dash 6 cd radio.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKMARAUDER04 View Post
    Losing connection in the radio is a common feature of the Marauder.
    Upgrade to a Escape/Mariner in dash 6 cd radio.

The OP has already upgraded to an aftermarket headunit.

He's having a problem with the steering wheel witch interface to the aftermarket headunit.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Having an issue with the AWSC in my car. Using it with the Pioneer Z140BH and when I turn the lights on it looses the volume control. Lights off everything works fine. Lights on volume up no longer works and volume down intermittently turns volume up. Then I can turn them right back off and its normal.

Any clue what is going on?

Also anyone with similar have problems with Pandora and their radio? Mine is very picky, loosing connection often.
    I have a X940BT and have had no problems with Pandora or any of the BT functions.

Sounds like you might have a wire connected wrong on the AWSC.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I will have to pull the unit back out my next day off and double check, but I checked the wires multiple times when installed so I don't know what is happening. Wierd that it works, lights turn on and next and volume up don't work, then lights off and it works again. Can do it over and over.

Last night my bluetooth mic for some reason stopped recognizing all commands, and now it works again.

Pandora usually won't connect, or drops connection almost every time I use it atleast once if not twice. Only does it with headunit though, if I just use Pandora on my phone it works fine.

I also have an issue with the ASWC that maybe you can give insight on, if I am in Tuner mode, or Sirius mode and hit the next button on the steering wheel it goes to the next number instead of the next preset. For example I have presets set for all the FM stations. So instead of being on Preset 1 (say 94.1) hitting next and going to Preset 2 (98.1), it goes to 94.3 (not a station). So I have to use the screen vs the steering wheel. Any idea how to make next control presets not manual tune?
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Ok took the dash back apart today to look at wiring for ASWC and here is what I found:
    The red ASWC wire is connected to the red wiring Scosche harness wire (which is "12 volt ignition / switched").
    The black ASWC wire is hooked into a chassis ground wire that I ran, this same wire has 1 or two other grounds from the head unit hooked into it then to the chassis ground on the passenger floor kickpanel.
    The gray w/red stripe ASWC wire is connected to a brown Scosche wiring harness wire, which is originally a light blue wire w/red stripe wire from the factory harness. Which matches up to what the ASWC manual says.

All the rest of the wires are individually capped off and not hooked up.

The problem isn't all the time either, for example last night and today the ASWC worked as it should, then about 45 minutes later when I tried switching the lights on it stopped working until I turned them back off.

Checked all connections and all are good, and in fact they are all soldered.

Thoughts??
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Reset and then reprogram the unit.

I've hit the reset button and let it relearn probably 10 times. No difference. It relearns correctly, but then when I turn the lights on it forgets, then when I turn them back off it works again.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

It sounds like it is losing power when the lights are turned on.

Have you called their tech support line?

It seems as if it reprograms itself when I turn the lights on, as it has power after turning them on, the buttons just don't work how they are supposed to. Wierd. I have not tried calling them yet, as I wanted to make sure I have it wired up correctly first.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    It seems as if it reprograms itself when I turn the lights on, as it has power after turning them on, the buttons just don't work how they are supposed to. Wierd. I have not tried calling them yet, as I wanted to make sure I have it wired up correctly first.
    It's not wired correctly. You need a constant 12v source.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

I wondered if that could have something to do with it, however the manual states on page 6, "Installation", "2) Connect the Red wire of the ASWC to a 12-volt accessory wire, one that turns "on" and "off" with the ignition key." Googled ASWC wiring and all results on forums came up with people saying it should be the switched power like it says in the manual or it can cause parasitic drain...

If it does in fact need to be constant that is easy enough to do...I just want to make sure that that is how ours have to be wired as everything else says it must be switched power..
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Have you called their tech support line yet?

Not yet, been working and my hours don't allow me to troubleshoot with them on days I work. Gonna give them a call today.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

You don't need a constant. There may be a chance the button on the car is just bad, and the light wire is shorting though the button. I would make sure the aswc is plugged in al the way. We had issues with one yesterday. If you leave it on a constant you will have a draw on your battery when car is off ( won't happen right away but leave car for a couple days and you will come back to a dead battery.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information