Thread: Fairbanks TransAction Kit? Anyone used them?

Fairbanks TransAction Kit? Anyone used them?

Just curious if anyone has used this kit. I searched for awhile but no luck. Will be dropping the pan soon to change fluid and filter and since I just passed the 100k mile mark, might as well change some worn parts with better ones.

Now I know most of you guys love J-mod, and I understand why. Im personally just wanting the performance, so to replace some of the old parts with new, not modify the 10yr old part is the option I prefer.

With that said, anyone used this kit, and if so just a little review of its performance would be very much appreciated. Personally always have used Transgo in the past, but you guys are pretty good at scaring the **** out of people when it comes to parts someone does not like.

Thanks again guys and gals, and I hope everyone gets to enjoy a good burnout today
    Last edited by Gordy; 07-09-2013 at 07:56 AM.
    2003 Black Marauder

Cannot help you with this kit. However, should the title read Transmission, not "transaction'? That, I can help you with.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MM2004 View Post
    Cannot help you with this kit. However, should the title read Transmission, not "transaction'? That, I can help you with.

Mike.

Ya, probably would have helped if I explained what the kit was in the title. Its a Transmission shift kit by Fairbanks Performance called the "TransAction Kit". Ya, they are cool lol.

Below is a link to the kit I was looking at, hopefully somebody has had some experience with it before.

http://www.superior-transmission.com...age.cfm?ID=129
    2003 Black Marauder

Maybe someone this evening?
    2003 Black Marauder

I have no direct experience with Fairbanks kits, but I have not heard anything bad about them.

Keep in mind that the reason TranGo kits for the 4R70W are not respected here is not because we "don't like" them, rather we don't like them because we have info from the person who helped design the transmission, and knows more about it than anyone, that they are not well-engineered. The so-called "J-Mod" OTOH is a simple and almost fool-proof way to get all the benefits with none of the drawbacks, in addition to being practically free.

*EDIT* Fixed the thread title.
    Last edited by RF Overlord; 07-09-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

I doubt you need the improved parts included in the kit as the '03 - '04 transmissions got most of the improvements listed in the kit.
    Go with it if you feel better about it but if you are worried about the mileage on the tranny already you might want to consider a kit that replaces more of the friction material/seals.
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

Thread Information