Thread: Found:MM w/ chrome sideskirts&convrt top.PICS!

Found:MM w/ chrome sideskirts&convrt top.PICS!

Well, at least the pictures will be here soon...whenever my friend get's the film developed!!

I mentioned to you all a few months ago that a Marauder with chrome side skirts and a fake convertible top passed me at a stop light. Well, today, I saw the dude again...and he was going the other direction from me. I pull around to the next block and end up following him for almost 10 miles to a gas station on the other side of town. Traffic was thickish, and he tried to out run me a few times when he saw me bust a U after him. I was able to keep up enough and when he pulled in to the pump, I walked up and introduced myself.

He didn't seem much interested in the website...was at least 65 years old...a few gold teeth, Army fatigues (no joke) and what appeared to be a head band (those plastic things chicks wear?) over his afro but at the very front of it...like an 80's sweat band or so). He bought it from Heritage Lincoln Mercury (Same place MarauderMan and I went to). They installed for him, chrome plates along the bottom of the car, a fake convertible top, goes all the way to the back (new glass window that's larger than stock), a chrome Marquis grill and reflective red inserts in the rear embossment.

I admit, the chrome grill looked really sweet on black up close...but the rest was something else.

He was very enthusiastic about the car, it wasn't some old guy who thought he had a nice Marquis. He said the dealer sold him a chip for about $400 too...doesn't know where it orignially came from.
    "Yeah man...dis ting heh 'll do 'bout a hunded an sity five miles pe houa, gave me 320 hauses too! It's got some guts dis ting heh!!!"

I couldn't help but laugh, he was a cool guy, a little odd but, again, enthusiastic. When I asked if I could take a few pictures, his gold teeth opened up and he just couldn't wait...I got the impression he was a lonely fellow and that I was the first besides the dealership to appreciate his car. The second I walked up and said "Hey, nice car" he very quickly popped the hood...couldn't wait to show me.

The intake and airbox are a whole lot larger than I thought it was. It was a little dirty on the outside because of the pollen that has just sprung up of late (I washed my car yesterday and it's noticably dirty already). The inside was very clean though...even had (I suppose his wife's) rose flowered glasses in the back cupholders...a picnic basket too if I'm not mistaken.

He was an interesting driver. He crossed into some other lanes a few times...and even after someone beeped at him, he'd lingered there for a moment. It sounded georgious though...I forgot what stock sounded like!

What a fun day! Months have gone by and I've finally met the guy who butchered the top of his Marauder.

I think something's wrong with me though...I've gone through 2 tanks of gas in the last week and put a butt load of miles on the car. One minute there were 50...the next there were 390. Oops
    2007 Honda Accord V6. Fit for a father of two. 5% tint all around.

Quote Originally Posted by woaface
    (Same place MarauderMan and I went to). They installed for him, chrome plates along the bottom of the car, a fake convertible top, goes all the way to the back (new glass window that's larger than stock), a chrome Marquis grill and reflective red inserts in the rear embossment.
    Hey--Which one was it--the red , or silver one---? I new that place was too high priced!!--
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

When you get the pictures ready post please post warning!

Use very large type!
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

MarauderMan...it was black...the red and silver one's at the dealer are STILL THERE!

And they are dirty as crap! There is pollen and crud all over them!

-----

I won't have pictures for a week or two...my camera taker friend lives an hour from here. But I'll post 'em when they're ready!
    2007 Honda Accord V6. Fit for a father of two. 5% tint all around.

Thread Information