Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steering wheel switches

steering wheel switches

I need to replace the temp rocker switch on the steering wheel. What would be the best place to find a replacement. Only the switch rocker is broken. Do I need the entire module with the other controls, or might I find just that 1 rocker. Suggestions?

i may have one setting around (the whole right set of switches) if you want it ill double check pm me and ill tell you if i do
    2004 90k #924 of 1237 sequence #2572 Black E3 sparkplugs accel coil packs 140034-8 trans-dapt throttle body spacer Mmr manifold spacer cold air intake superchips Steeda underdive pulleys xcal3 programmer stock other then that

You can't buy the individual switches...they come as a left or right "module"...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

I could use a set of the right side switches too...think that may be causing some of my radio issues maybe...but can't find any.
    Black 2003 300A Marauder Build Date 06-02 100K Miles
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

1995 Chevy Suburban K1500

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    I could use a set of the right side switches too...think that may be causing some of my radio issues maybe...but can't find any.
    What kind of issues with the radio?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I would like to buy both because mine are pretty worn
    Part numbers????
    I got a set from the bone yard but they are not much better than mine

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    You can't buy the individual switches...they come as a left or right "module"...
    VMARAUDER -
    2004 Dark Toreador Red
    Simply called "The Red Car", Build Date 4-20-2004, #2618 of 3214, #849 of 980 in DTR, Stainless Works LT Headers with SW Full Exhaust, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutches, Dyno by Modern Muscle, Mo's Speed Shop Tune, 277 rwhp 296.43 torque, Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, K&N CAI, Alpine CDA-117 CD Receiver, PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control , Rear Spoiler, Viper Alarm, From Sparta Performance...Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms, Watts Link, Stainless Steel Brake lines, Raybestos R300 S Groove Rotors with Advance Tech Ceramic Pads, Pro-Gard

It Ain't What You Got It's The Way You Use It

New DD 2014 F150 Lariat - EcoBoosted
    and 2013 Lincoln MKX
    1998 Grand Marquis GS 175K Sold at 199k
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Gave away at 251k
    RIP 2003 Garnd Marquis LS 280k miles
    RIP 1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 295k miles

FBM - ASWC doesn't work well at all it appears. I thought I had it figured to be the switches as I could hit the buttons and make them work for a bit. But now I have to reset it to work when the lights are on. Called the manufacturer and they said everything was wired correctly and didn't know anything to do. Its horrible, easily 7/10 nights when I turn the lights on the radio buttons on wheel stop working.
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    FBM - ASWC doesn't work well at all it appears. I thought I had it figured to be the switches as I could hit the buttons and make them work for a bit. But now I have to reset it to work when the lights are on. Called the manufacturer and they said everything was wired correctly and didn't know anything to do. Its horrible, easily 7/10 nights when I turn the lights on the radio buttons on wheel stop working.
    I've installed ASWC's in number of vehicles including my own and never had a issue. Sounds like you have a wiring problem. I know you said the manufacturer said the wiring correct but you have a wiring problem.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Not to hijack, but I don't know what the issue is with the AWSC, I wired it the same way you have listed here http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...t=88104&page=2 which is the same way the manufacturer said it should be so who knows. Thats why I wondered if maybe there is a short in the switches, as sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.
    Bought used 05/07/11

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

So what is the part number for the right side steering wheel switches (module) ?

You have to buy them as a set (L & R). They are close to $300.00. I just scored an entire steering wheel with perfect switches for $75.00, shipping included!
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Hey Jim.....

How do you remove the steering wheel switches.....just pry them out then unplug them??
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Hey Jim.....

How do you remove the steering wheel switches.....just pry them out then unplug them??
    Yes they just pop out. Be careful not to break the clips.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Yes they just pop out. Be careful not to break the clips.
    Clips.....what kind of clips??

I thought they just pressed into the rubber??
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Clips.....what kind of clips??

I thought they just pressed into the rubber??
    I believe the pictures I saw has clips that secure the switches in the recesses.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information