Thread: Passenger Seat Bolt

Passenger Seat Bolt

I was removing the pasenger seat to run RCA s from my headunit and i broke the first bolt i touched.

How do i remove this and how do i prevent it from happening on the other 3?!??
    Last edited by jwibbity; 05-03-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwibbity View Post
    I was removing the pasenger seat to run RCA s from my headunit and i broke the first bolt i touched.

How do i remove this and how do i prevent it from happening on the other 3?!??
    EZout and make sure the threads are clean. You can see the bolts from underneath.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

The slugs Ford used were never intended to have the bolts removed, they had -0- threads when they are put in place, the bolts form the threads.

That said, the 2 on the back of the seat are usually never an issue, just the 2 on the front. I would suggest using PB blaster and letting it sit, then with a rachet, you will have to work the bolt out, i.e., tighten, loosen, tighten, loosen till the bolt is out. Sometimes, that works, sometimes not so much.

After you get done breaking the rest of the seat bolts out......... PB Blaster the bolts from underneath, center punch the centers and start drilling the bolts out, most of the time, the remainder will spin out before you get into the threads. Then clean up the threads with a tap and your good to go.

You will break an easy out off if you try to use one in that application, been there, done that, got the hat and shirt.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    EZout and make sure the threads are clean. You can see the bolts from underneath.
    And spray from the underside with penetrating oil of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    And spray from the underside with penetrating oil of your choice.
    PBlaster is one of the best.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 12-15-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Well I used a dremel and cut off the bottom halfs of the bolts. Got the first one out but charging the battery for the second one. Probably going to replace with a bolt and nut from Lowe's

Well I used a dremel and cut off the bottom halfs of the bolts. Got the first one out but charging the battery for the second one. Probably going to replace with a bolt and nut from Lowe's

Ended up doing the exact thing years ago in my 96 GM. Drilled them out and replaced with new nut and bolt.

The bolts on my marauder came out no issues when I pulled out the driver seat last year. But the car doesn't drive in weather.

Well got em both out but Lee's is chooses so new bolts will have to wait till morning

By the way does anybody have a front seat bolt cover, I'm missing one on the drivers side?

The covers are same as crown vic and grand marquis, these are junk yard available for a couple of bucks

I went underneath with an air hammer and busted the welded nut off, replaced with a high quality nut + bolt combo and was done.... I needed this to be able to be removed if I wanted to remove my tablet stand at some point.
    I have 5 Marauders...

ask LJI372 about that HEHEHE

Well got em both out but Lowe's is closed so new bolts will have to wait till morning

By the way does anybody have a front seat bolt cover, I'm missing one on the drivers side?

Thread Information