Thread: overheating help

overheating help

Recently my car has been overheating and i dont know exactly why. Its wont overheat if i have the heat on full blast or im driving under about 40 .I recently changed my oil filter housing gasket and added more coolant because i lost some and ever since then its been overheating. I didnt know what coolant was in it before and i put 50/50 in. Im gonna change the thermostat tomorrow see if that works unless someone has any other ideas
    K&N cai with throttle body spacer, 4.10's, headers back exhaust with xpipe, cats delete, o2 delete, egr delete, tune, interior led's, 5% tint all around

Next up: tons

If i die i want it to be skidding into the coffin with one cylinder firing and the low fuel light blinking.

You need to burp the system. Go to www.reischperformance.com for the proper way to burp.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    You need to burp the system. Go to www.reischperformance.com for the proper way to burp.
    I just did mine too, and you NEED to follow the procedure fbm posted.

Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Fantastic guys thanks for the info gonna take care of this tomorrow
    K&N cai with throttle body spacer, 4.10's, headers back exhaust with xpipe, cats delete, o2 delete, egr delete, tune, interior led's, 5% tint all around

If i die i want it to be skidding into the coffin with one cylinder firing and the low fuel light blinking.

I suspect your next thread " how do i remove the cot plug" . Use channel locks or a similar pair of pliers on the lip of the plug if you cant remove it with a 1/4" drive ratchet. Fyi, i broke a 3/8" to 1/4" drive adapter in mine, so make sure you dont use too much force.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I suspect your next thread " how do i remove the cot plug" . Use channel locks or a similar pair of pliers on the lip of the plug if you cant remove it with a 1/4" drive ratchet. Fyi, i broke a 3/8" to 1/4" drive adapter in mine, so make sure you dont use too much force.
    I have a new plug available if you need it.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

when i first installed the gasket i tried (and failed) to burp the system and my cot plug comes out relatively easily. But i hear they can be a real pain.

Make sure the radiator fan is working too.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Thread Information