Thread: Former Lightning owner, current CVPI owner and veteran saying hi

Talking Former Lightning owner, current CVPI owner and veteran saying hi

Hello all.

I have a 2006 CVLX. Picked it up cheap but in great condition. Really love it, my daughter loves it, we're already starting on modifying it with little things like the jmod, some exhaust work, wheels and tires and a new hood and probably a paintjob in the next month. This crazy addiction that gets us making our cars unique the instant we get them.

Don't have any plans for forced induction or even much of anything crazy power-wise for the next couple years. Biggest mod I'm planning for this summer will be swapping in a manual five-speed.

After that it'll be pretty much done how I want it... Yeah right, right?

A bit about me for anyone still reading. I am a 33yo combat veteran of the 82nd Airborne, given an honorable medical retirement in 2005 after being wounded overseas. I'm currently a student and single Dad to an awesome 6yo daughter who is just as into cars as I am. I do wildland firefighting in the summer and am going to school to become a veterinary tech.

Had a string of Fox body Mustangs in my background, the '03 Lightning was the last Ford I had for a couple years while driving a '06 Outback. Found this cheap, super clean CVLX two weeks ago and geez I am loving it.

So anyway, I'm excited to be here - I tried signing up at cv dot net or whatever, the Crown Vic forum, but I've been waiting on an approval there for weeks now. I like SVT peeps more anyway.

Hope you are all having a wonderful and safe holiday season, see you around!

Welcome. Pics of the Vic? And thanks for your service.

CV site takes a while to get approved just be patient

2003 Crown Vic Lx Sport with a loud exhaust my summer DD
    1 of only 2945 Sports made in 2003

I got some other toys too

Welcome aboard!!

We love panthers here, so post up some pics!
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Welcome fellow vet, like me!! I'm Desert Storm disabled vet with 1st Cav and 1st Armored while in (West) Germany during Cold War. I'm also a '00 Lightning owner but unless something happen to it or someone offers big $$$$ for it I'll have it forever. Also had new '89 white Mustang GT for 8 years and currently have a supercharged '95 GT I've had for 17 years. Once again welcome , get back into V8 Mustangs and Gen 2 Lightnings, or at least a Gen 1.

'95 S/C Mustang GT aka "A'Teala" da' Run-caretaker since May '97
    '00 Lightning aka QuickSilver da'Toy Truck #3407 of 4966 born on 5/30/00-caretaker since May '01
    '03 Marauder 300A aka Blacular #1850 of 7838 #1850 of 7093 Black born on 6/24/02-caretaker since Mar '11 - 9/9/13..R.I.P You'll be missed.
    '03 Marauder 300A aka MarTilda #2215 of 7838 #2215 of 7093 Black born on 7/15/02 -caretaker since 9/26/13

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks!

I'll definitely get another Mustang eventually...or a Raptor in a few years. Or one of those cool fox-body Ford LTDs. All about sneaky speed.

Sure, I took a couple pics of the Vic before driving home today. It's dirty and basically stock. I love it. Super comfy. I do wish I had a center console/armrest instead of the leather bench I have, but I also really like the electric seat adjustments located on my door. Going to investigate a more bucket/split option so I can have a center console and retain those seat adjustment controls on my front doors.

Anyway, a pic or two, which depending on the forum is always an issue posting.. Here goes. Picking up newer Mustang wheels tomorrow, exhaust and some paint this week..it'll get there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the forum, It's great to have another vet on board.

yea more vets!!!

Welcome... You'll get your CV.net membership approval..only the site owner approves them and he has had a rough go of health problems so it takes some time...just be patient

Marauders are not SVT derived..just so you know
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Welcome... You'll get your CV.net membership approval..only the site owner approves them and he has had a rough go of health problems so it takes some time...just be patient

Marauders are not SVT derived..just so you know
    HAH, oh, I had no idea. Wow. Kinda makes 'em even cooler.

Picked up my wheels today, just stock 17" 2005 Mustang GT wheels but I like them. Going to experiment with plastidip on the wheels, my under-trunk back panel area, and my grille this weekend.

Still looking for a good and not too expensive h-pipe off a p71 or something so I can convert to dual exhaust without spending TOO much.

Thread Information