Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BFG tires rear size finally gone?

Not sure which tread pattern I like better.

Nitto

Last edited by tbone; 01-03-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    The last time I bought rear tires from TireRack it didn't say "Closeout". It said out of stock or something and I had to wait a number of months until the next tire run. So me thinks they are going bye bye this time.
    As long as it does not say "discontinued" I think they will manufactured
    VMARAUDER -
    2004 Dark Toreador Red
    Simply called "The Red Car", Build Date 4-20-2004, #2618 of 3214, #849 of 980 in DTR, Stainless Works LT Headers with SW Full Exhaust, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutches, Dyno by Modern Muscle, Mo's Speed Shop Tune, 277 rwhp 296.43 torque, Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, K&N CAI, Alpine CDA-117 CD Receiver, PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control , Rear Spoiler, Viper Alarm, From Sparta Performance...Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms, Watts Link, Stainless Steel Brake lines, Raybestos R300 S Groove Rotors with Advance Tech Ceramic Pads, Pro-Gard

It Ain't What You Got It's The Way You Use It

New DD 2014 F150 Lariat - EcoBoosted
    and 2013 Lincoln MKX
    1998 Grand Marquis GS 175K Sold at 199k
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Gave away at 251k
    RIP 2003 Garnd Marquis LS 280k miles
    RIP 1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 295k miles

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Not sure which tread pattern I like better.

Nitto

You buy a tire for its tread pattern! When your smoking them it doesn't show lol. I had the Coopers on a road course, drag strip and Atlanta speed way, plus over all driving they are great. My opinion!
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

Quote Originally Posted by FastMerc View Post
    You buy a tire for its tread pattern! When your smoking them it doesn't show lol. I had the Coopers on a road course, drag strip and Atlanta speed way, plus over all driving they are great. My opinion!
    No, I don't buy a tire only for it's tread pattern. But it is important to me. There are some really fugly tires out there that I would never mount on my car no matter how great they are. I just spent the last half hour researching specs.....

Anyway, it looks like the Coopers don't have a Z rating, so I would go for the Nitto's over them.
    Last edited by tbone; 01-03-2014 at 06:47 PM.

No, I don't buy a tire only for it's tread pattern. But it is important to me. There are some really fugly tires out there that I would never mount on my car no matter how great they are. I just spent the last half hour researching specs.....

Anyway, it looks like the Coopers don't have a Z rating, so I would go for the Nitto's over them.

W rating is replacing the Z rating...Z rating was up to 149mph.. The Cooper's have a W rating which up to 168 mph
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I agree. I like the Nitto 555's in the 265 50 18 size (still deciding on whether or not to try to put the 295's on stock rims). I know the Nitto 555 is not the preferred tire up North.

"RescuRauder", Born on 09/02/2003 & rescued on 04/05/2013. #236 of 3214 and #62 of 1237 in Black. CAI, Some kind of tune, Kooks Headers, X-pipe w/Hi-Flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, Resonators removed, 4.10's, Metco U&L CA and Watts link, Drilled & slotted rotors, now BOOSTED!! Eaton Swapped 12/29/19!!
    Sold! 1986 Mustang GT Vert, Black, 5spd, new short block, Powerheads, Crower 15511, gears, exhaust etc.

1968 Ford (Galaxie) XL fastback, 390, factory buckets & auto on floor
    2011 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with SVT Performance Pkg & Navigation, VMP tuned ~550rwhp/550rwtq. Finally Blown!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    W rating is replacing the Z rating...Z rating was up to 149mph.. The Cooper's have a W rating which up to 168 mph
    The Coopers I saw didn't have a W or a Z before the R so I assumed they weren't speed rated.

I can understand not seeing the W or Z in the tire size like we are accustomed to.

Here is a page from a tire shop I found online..they list the service rating after the size and it gives the W rating range in the box next to it.

http://www.performanceplustire.com/t...ire/zeon-rs3-a

Speed rating chart from discountire

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/bro...peedrating.jsp
    Last edited by RubberCtyRauder; 01-04-2014 at 11:15 AM.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Good info. Thanks.

I think I'm leaning towards the Nittos. They have some really good write ups and I simply like the way they look better.

Nittos are a good choice as well..I like my Coopers..and got em for $600 for all 4 so I went that route..I was looking at Nitto 555..but used the savings to spend elsewhere........Thanks to a couple members here who spread the mod virus

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I do the same thing, tread patterns is definitely factored in...

I believe the Motivos have a W rating and some may have a Y but w/o taking the time to research I'm relying on memory. I think if you look closely at the specs page on the Nitto web page it explains what has what.

I'm going with the Nitto 255/55R18 rears. My rear tires are nearly bald AGAIN and I go nowhere in the snow. The fronts I'll do in the spring as there is plenty of tread left. Goodbye BFG. You screwed people for too long now with availbility of your tires.

I like Hankooks.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by sflrainmaker01 View Post
    . . .still deciding on whether or not to try to put the 295's on stock rims
    No. The sidewall should be near-vertical to work properly. As with many things, there is no cheap or easy way to do it correctly. There is only the right way - widen the wheels.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information