Thread: What did you marauder start out as?

Lightbulb What did you marauder start out as?

I was checking out floor mats in the mercury web site today under Grand Marquies.
    Mercury has five different Marauder's listed,which may explain some of our different vin numbers and letters:4DR Marauder;(1)GS,(2)GS Conveniece,(3)LS LSE,(4)LS Premium and(5) LS Ultimate.I know we've kind of beat this to death,but I found it interesting that Mercury would have five listings for one car.So I would guess that all Marauders could have started life as one of those five Grand Marquies base models and then became our Marauders?
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards
    ProGuard
    Weathershield Marauder Cover
    2XL Marader Jacket
    McGard Wheel Locks
    Marauder Billet Pedals
    Marauder Door Sills
    Denso Plugs IT20's
    8/3/03 Dyno 260.4 RWHP/291.3 Torque

You may have found something for us to think about, thanks, Gary.

As I researched the MM drive shaft on-line, a few times I had to substitute a '02 GM VIN to get answers. Never heard of an "ultimate" GM package myself, but in all honesty, I'm not a retired dentist from Oakbrook and I never had much interest in any GM until the MM was released.

Yathink LM was a bit skittish about releasing the MM?

I was once told that our numerical MM VINs begin at 600000, and looking at the registry at the IMMC site, I believe this holds true. The alphabetical constant also seems to be 2MEHM7, which also seems to hold true, in this registry.

Knowing our VINs may be helpful someday, in a world of copy cats and clones...

Re: What did you marauder start out as?

Originally posted by chapel1
    I was checking out floor mats in the mercury web site today under Grand Marquies.
    Mercury has five different Marauder's listed,which may explain some of our different vin numbers and letters:4DR Marauder;(1)GS,(2)GS Conveniece,(3)LS LSE,(4)LS Premium and(5) LS Ultimate.I know we've kind of beat this to death,but I found it interesting that Mercury would have five listings for one car.So I would guess that all Marauders could have started life as one of those five Grand Marquies base models and then became our Marauders?
    Thought I'd put this out there one more time!I think this could explain some of the varations we find between our cars?
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards
    ProGuard
    Weathershield Marauder Cover
    2XL Marader Jacket
    McGard Wheel Locks
    Marauder Billet Pedals
    Marauder Door Sills
    Denso Plugs IT20's
    8/3/03 Dyno 260.4 RWHP/291.3 Torque

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)

Re: What did you marauder start out as?

Originally posted by chapel1
    I think you have answered your own question. You say you were looking under Grand Marquis.
    All of these "(1)GS,(2)GS Convenience,(3)LS LSE,(4)LS Premium and(5) LS Ultimate." are Grand Marquis models available. Technically the Marauder is a Grand Marquis with a Marauder package, even though it has it's own separate Order Guide.

The "M75" part of the Marauder VIN code is the model designation for a Grand Marquis LS

The only way you can tell a Marauder from a Grand Marquis LS from the VIN code is the "V" which comes after the "M75"

The Grand Marquis all have a "W"

V = 4.6l DOHC engine

W = 4.6l SOHC engine

BTW, according to the Order Guides, the "Ultimate edition" Grand Marquis has special brushed aluminum step plates instead of the coloured plastic ones we have. Wouldn't brushed aluminum step plates debossed with Marauder have looked good on our cars?

Menace Guest
    Not with the Marauder floormats . To close. Marauder/Marauder

Menace Guest
    Plus back doors. Marauder/Marauder/Marauder

Menace Guest
    Both sides. Marauder/Marauder/Marauder/Marauder/Marauder/Marauder

Menace Guest
    Thats to much!

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    I suspect it would only be on the Front door sill step plate anyway. not a lot of room for Marauder on the rear.

Maybe just a plain brushed aluminum plate?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Thread Information