Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heinous, Metco, or Sparta

Heinous, Metco, or Sparta

I've been looking at some suspension upgrades and want opinions.

As far as control arms, Heinous looks the best and are the cheapest of the 3.

Sparta and Metco seem to be pretty similar with Sparta being cheaper.

For the watts links, once again Metco and Sparta both look pretty similar with Sparta being cheaper.

I would much rather have the sealed bushing, but overall it seems greasable ones are better.....

Yes I know Sparta is a supporting vendor and I should buy from them.....blah blah

I want honest opinions of the difference before I make any purchases and if somebody has driven a car with different set ups then I'm more than willing to listen.

Thanks Guys and Gals

And I cant weld or have access to one so the Musclemerc ones are out of the question....

I have the entire Sparta system on my car. I have raced it at the VIR in Virgina at one of my SAAC weekends. I was on the track with a black MM owned and raced by the SVT teams from Ford. He had a custom suspension, whereas I was running the Sparta system. There was no difference in the handling of our two cars. Were went into turns hot and held the road. We came out of turns into the straights under very hard acceleration and my car tracked like it was on rails. However, did burn out a set of brake pads, but I had extra. Always bring extra pads to a race.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    I have Metco control arms, and Watts link, its an excellent upgrade, and gives the Marauder a firm planted feel, takes corners with ease and gives a great improvement in handling, and they have grease fittings, and the are billet aluminum, and will not Rust, if you want the best "cheapest" should NOT be a factor.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

I_____________
    Last edited by Ms. Denmark; 09-01-2014 at 02:31 AM.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

+1 on Sparta and ALL of the above^^^^^!!
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    I have Metco control arms, and Watts link, its an excellent upgrade, and gives the Marauder a firm planted feel, takes corners with ease and gives a great improvement in handling, and they have grease fittings, and the are billet aluminum, and will not Rust, if you want the best "cheapest" should NOT be a factor.
    +1!!!!

Along with the rear control arms and Watts link get Addco front and rear sway bars. Your MM will corner like it's on rails, nice and flat.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Can't go wrong with either Sparta or Metco. If your willing to wait a bit Sparta can get a few different colors.

sparta is boxed steel correct?

Heneious if all you want are the arms, personally I prefer the matching metco's. Shiney!
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

+1 on the Metco's + Addco's

Different car.

I've dealt with Metco's customer service and they were great. My original bushings were torn after years of use, called them up, provided a copy of my original invoice, and they shipped them out NO COST TO ME. Great company to deal with.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

My Metco arms are handling 487 pounds of torque with zero issues through a manny tranny. Enough said.

I couldn't even guess how many 2nd gear at 45 and 3rd at 70 I've snapped the clutch and smoked em. Let's just round it up to around never enough.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

My Sparta control arms, upper and lower, are working well. Over a year since installed.

Yes our are boxed steel and the new GenII's are the only ones that can handle 700RWHP on full weight Panther.
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance View Post
    Yes our are boxed steel and the new GenII's are the only ones that can handle 700RWHP on full weight Panther.
    What is the difference between GenII and Gen I?

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance View Post
    Yes our are boxed steel and the new GenII's are the ONLY ones that can handle 700RWHP on full weight Panther.

You do realize there are more than a few panthers in the 700 class nowadays right?

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information