Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brakes on a not-so-big Budget? YEP

Unfortunately I need my parking brake... I wonder if pre 04 F150 five lug rotors would be close?

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Unfortunately I need my parking brake... I wonder if pre 04 F150 five lug rotors would be close?

"Since 2004"
    Why can't you park that 6 speed in gear?
    Just curious why you need your parking brake.
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Any estimate of cost and ETA of the brackets? - assuming all goes well

Allot of track days coming up..
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

Subscribing.....
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

Quote Originally Posted by jimlam56 View Post
    Why can't you park that 6 speed in gear?

Just curious why you need your parking brake.

Habit?

"Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Pricing will be out tomorrow

Looks amazing!!!! Thanks for posting
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    You have to make the brake line.

Nope

Not quite seeing the value there Zack. You're at $100 without all of the adapters and only half the hoses. Seems to me you're short two hoses, three adapters, two banjos, two banjo bolts and four crush washers- you'd be north of $200 pretty quickly. And nowhere in there were any anchor brackets- those adapter have to fit into something.

And the combo of all that means five junctions: hardline to adapter, adapter to hose, hose to banjo, banjo to banjo bolt, banjo to caliper. That's a lot of things to have issues with.

No beef by me here, just saying I'm not following the math on this one. If you want to do a qty of them from me for your proposed 'kit' I'd be happy to help you.
    Last edited by Todd TCE; 06-24-2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: edited the qty
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

While this does seem to be a good DIY project, and one can build it over time, thus spreading the cost out over a period of time, I am a "I want it right now" kind of guy, and will just pay the freight for a kit.

I do think Todd is right, once all the nickle and dime things start adding up, the price will climb, but all in all, I think it is great for the guy who wants to fab some of his own parts and such.

For now I'll keep my Wilwood's, but if there is a better solution, I may be persuaded into trying something different....

Good work, to both of you guy's.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Brackets would be 9 more dollars.
    This is for the front only. I can see if an aftermarket line will work in the caliper inlet. But remember, BAER modified the caliper with an additional hole so the stock line could be used

I don't understand what you guys think will nickel and dime this.
    I posted the prices of everything in the first post, less brackets and bolts.
    There is nothing more to it, period

I don't understand what you guys think will nickel and dime this.
    I posted the prices of everything in the first post, less brackets and bolts.
    There is nothing more to it, period
    I think if it can be pulled off for that, it would be great. But between house and car projects, I know how budget's wind up taking a back seat.... I am referring to myself and no one else, your mileage may vary.

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I think if it can be pulled off for that, it would be great. But between house and car projects, I know how budget's wind up taking a back seat.... I am referring to myself and no one else, your mileage may vary.
    I started this project last Monday.
    Measured, waited for prototype brackets which I got yesterday, and now I am here.

The budget is spot on

I started this project last Monday.
    Measured, waited for prototype brackets which I got yesterday, and now I am here.

The budget is spot on
    Cool, the collective will thank you and Jerry, because better brakes is one thing these cars need, a cheaper price on mods is another needed option.

Good job Zack! Those look pretty sweet.
    Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know!!!
    Production #1489 of 3213/#516 of 997

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread Information