Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LCM Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    So you agree it not free.. Correct?

Do you also replace the other 3 relays?
    Jim, we both know if i post up about my service again, itll get nuked, and ill have to sit in the corner. Lets not anger the moderators again with the same ol' same ol'. But one thing is certain, dont ever think you can call me out and not get a response back. To answer your question, the service i USED to offer was free....but that service isnt here anymore. If youd like to continue this conversation, you know where to find me...but in here, im done with this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Jim, we both know if i post up about my service again, itll get nuked, and ill have to sit in the corner. Lets not anger the moderators again with the same ol' same ol'. But one thing is certain, dont ever think you can call me out and not get a response back. To answer your question, the service i USED to offer was free....but that service isnt here anymore. If youd like to continue this conversation, you know where to find me...but in here, im done with this conversation.
    That's right.... Take the easy way out and not answer my questions....
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 06-30-2014 at 04:32 AM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I jumped on this repair the minute I got my letter and was the first one to get it done at the local Ford dealer. Had the part in 2 days. I never procrastinate.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    I jumped on this repair the minute I got my letter and was the first one to get it done at the local Ford dealer. Had the part in 2 days. I never procrastinate.
    +1!

Still waiting for my dealership to get some in stock.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I______________
    Last edited by Ms. Denmark; 09-01-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    I'd love to know if Ford fixed the problem with the OEM or did I just have another faulty LCM installed? But I won't worry because next time it breaks it's going out to Jim for repair.
    Although I haven't seen one of the replacement LCM I'd bet that Ford changed nothing inside the LCM. I believe Ford is just counting on getting most vehicles over the 250k in mileage so the "new" LCM is out of warranty.

BTW.... In addition to a new heavy duty external relay for the headlights I also replace the three other relays on the LCM (with higher amp rating than OEM), for the same price. I still guaranty the LCM's I repair for the life of the car.....
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 06-30-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

[______________
    Last edited by Ms. Denmark; 09-01-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    That's right.... Take the easy way out and not answer my questions....
    :p

One thing I've noticed is if I turn the lights on before I start the engine, the headlights work. If I start the engine then turn the lights on, the headlights do not work. Hopefully this will continue to work until Ford can replace my LCM.

Quote Originally Posted by crouse View Post
    One thing I've noticed is if I turn the lights on before I start the engine, the headlights work. If I start the engine then turn the lights on, the headlights do not work. Hopefully this will continue to work until Ford can replace my LCM.
    Good luck!
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

When mine went bad sometimes activating the high beam switch would trick the relay into turning the lights on...get it fixed as soon as possible, they surely will fail for good at the worst time.

FBM provided mine a few years back, I dont worry about the LCM any longer , tho the recent letter from ford amused and pissed me off at the same time...
    03 300A Build Date 08/02
    Trilogy #151

Quote Originally Posted by SamF View Post
    When mine went bad sometimes activating the high beam switch would trick the relay into turning the lights on...get it fixed as soon as possible, they surely will fail for good at the worst time.

FBM provided mine a few years back, I dont worry about the LCM any longer , tho the recent letter from ford amused and pissed me off at the same time...
    I believe the hi beams actually bypass the LCM relay.

BTW... Ford never had to issue a safety recall because you could still use the hi beams.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

My LCM only failed once for like 2 seconds in 6 1/2 years of ownership. I'm really ok with that.

Ford says it could be 4-6 weeks before they have any LCM's available. I'm going to demand that they pay for a new one from Rock Auto or some other source until the factory Ford units are available. What are my chances this will happen?

I'm going to demand that they pay for a new one from Rock Auto or some other source until the factory Ford units are available. What are my chances this will happen?
    Do you know what an "obese opportunity" is?
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information