Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MARAUDERVILLE 12 REGISTRATION IS LIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Bad Merc View Post
    Sounds great Justbob -and by the way ....."Welcome Aboard" !

Looks to be a bust. The buildings are all closed that day and it would take a minimum $150 to get them to staff it and open the buildings up and bring out the electric engine for rides. All this on a Friday afternoon, traffic would be horrendous getting back to the hotel and just wear everyone out.

On top of that I don't want to disturb anything Paul is working on.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Illinois Train Museum for Friday Alternative

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Looks to be a bust. The buildings are all closed that day and it would take a minimum $150 to get them to staff it and open the buildings up and bring out the electric engine for rides. All this on a Friday afternoon, traffic would be horrendous getting back to the hotel and just wear everyone out.

On top of that I don't want to disturb anything Paul is working on.

"Since 2004"
    Hey justbob, we still have a little time left to sort thru for alternative things to do on Friday afternoon....when I spoke to the train museum people a long time ago, I was told just what has been said here....no admission that day, no trains running, but the grounds would be open....they didn't say that all the buildings would be closed....we should clarify exactly what they mean....any RR buffs would still enjoy themselves....I've participated in many of their past car shows when everything was up and running.....and I agree traffic from there back to Hampton Inn would be a bit %=;$#!$*^!.....BUT, if some of the group wants to go.....GO....

Friday Volo

Friday -VOlO Car Museum -meet in hotel lobby around 9 am and then leave for Car museum. I think we are looking to head back around 4 pm or 5 pm. I know Paul was looking at maybe getting some people together for wine tasting or dinner -it is listed on Event brite so he can get a head count if you are interested -
    HOLY BATMAN!!!!! We arrive at Volo about 10am and leave to "head back" about 4 or 5pm?????????????? Are we having a sleepover? That's way too much time.....justbob feels 2 hour is sufficient.....that's a quick pace for someone who has never been there, or is old like me.....their event co-ordinator said 3 to 4 hours is more realistic......lets say we depart Volo at about 1:30/2 o'clock....Lynfred Winery for casual wine tasting is in Roselle and is about half way back towards Hampton Inn....would probably take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to satisfy our palettes with 7 wines for $9....depart for the Hampton Inn to freshen up, if so desired and "hop,skip and a burnout" to White Fence Farm for dinner, (nice family restaurant) which is approx. 15 minutes away from the Hampton Inn.....arrangements were made with both locations months ago, I just need headcounts to call them ahead of time on that day....You'll place dinner orders from their menu.....do one, do two, do neither, you are your own boss....you should arrive back at the Hampton Inn with plenty of free time to spare and enjoy your adult beverages, hug fests and stories......................
    Last edited by MM03MOK; 09-02-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Friday wine tasting and White Fence Farm dinner

I will have the wine list and a copy of the dinner menu posted at the Hampton Inn

We are still up for the train if the rolling stock is available for viewing

am I wasting my time

Normally at MV's the evenings are usually left up to the individual's to decide what they would like to do. Thursday is a full day that includes the evening and so is Saturday which is why we were not pushing a Friday night plan.

Paul was just throwing stuff out their (like you) to see if there was any interest in these events.

I really don't care for the phrase "we were not pushing a Friday night plan"...."just throwing stuff out there to see if there is any interest"....I think it's a viable plan for a casual wine tasting with a nice dinner at White Fence Farm....with the negativity I'm seeing in all these threads, spending time at Zack's house is sounding pretty good......SORRY IF I'M PISSING ANYBODY OFF !!!!!!

And this is why I'm not part of the planning committee.

loud and clear

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    And this is why I'm not part of the planning committee.
    After my Army experience, I should know by now not to volunteer.....LOL .....

Quote Originally Posted by pem View Post
    so true......first rule you learn in the military is dont volunteer for nothing!!!!

White Fence Farm Menu and BONUS!!

http://whitefencefarm-il.com/menucard1.php#&panel1-1

They also have a car museum at the restaurant
    Last edited by MERCMAN; 09-02-2014 at 04:07 PM.

23 DAY'S!!

Quote Originally Posted by pem View Post
    LOL!!! yep u learn that quick
    Anyway not sure I will make it due to tranny problem, now being built after it blew out seals and sprayed fluid all over bottom of car while I was about 100 miles from home heading to Alabama to see my sick elderly mom. Been back and forth to Alabama every month since Christmas except Jan, Feb & Aug so more than likely if I make a trip it will be to see her. I thought about coming since I do have a sister that lives in Chicago then drive to Alabama then back home to Texas but not sure if I can just show up, pay and join in. Car is roadworthy and been to Alabama since then. That was back in May but I had my totaled MM tranny put in while the other one was being built. Finally got to the point where I got back on site after not visiting & checking it for a while.

'95 S/C Mustang GT aka "A'Teala" da' Run-caretaker since May '97
    '00 Lightning aka QuickSilver da'Toy Truck #3407 of 4966 born on 5/30/00-caretaker since May '01
    '03 Marauder 300A aka Blacular #1850 of 7838 #1850 of 7093 Black born on 6/24/02-caretaker since Mar '11 - 9/9/13..R.I.P You'll be missed.
    '03 Marauder 300A aka MarTilda #2215 of 7838 #2215 of 7093 Black born on 7/15/02 -caretaker since 9/26/13

It's going to kinda suck only making it for Friday but it will be plenty of fun. I might go for the train museum even if it's shut if we can still check them out or roam around the antique malls at Volo for a while

2003 Crown Vic Lx Sport with a loud exhaust my summer DD
    1 of only 2945 Sports made in 2003

I got some other toys too

Paul, the website for the trains says in small print buildings not open that day. I left a message with them and three days later they returned the call and verified just that. We would have to raise the money needed to make it work and I don't even mind just paying it myself for all I care. I just don't want to see them bring in help and have only 5-6 guys show up. That would be quite embarrassing to say the least.

I'm liking your plans more and more. Problem is I'll probably have my youngsters all day so the winery is out. Not much of wine drinker anyways, I strongly stick to girlie fufu island drinks.

"Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Bob, will the rolling stock be available to peruse?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information