Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    Yep, i was right behind ya

I learned my lesson in Atlanta
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Honestly, even being near the back, Dan (who I rode with) got into some great corners. He didn't baby his car. Very different perspective in the back seat!!! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK View Post
    Honestly, even being near the back, Dan (who I rode with) got into some great corners. He didn't baby his car. Very different perspective in the back seat!!! Awesome!

Me neither! I was able to grab 3rd around the last turn on one of the laps and ever so slightly danced the corner all the way though even with the three kids rolling around the backseat helping me with traction... Fun times!

Couldn't tell if they were tears of joy or tears of bumps and bruises. Meh, I was focused on making sure the front occupants were having a good time! They're the ones that paid for and built the amusement ride!

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

"Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

being last wasn't bad either - especially with 44 year old suspension geometry
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Thumbs up

Two vids from IPhone 4S Camera Mount.
    Autobahn Country Club Parade Laps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTZNncnaWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L2bAXWqN6w
    Trilogy With Comp Cams Stage 3 Sound's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIRJ1zGhSA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUWZ9f8gXw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPUl529gog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvfRjhiGT4w N/A Sound

Dyno By "Mo's Speed Shop",Dallas,Georgia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqxN3FjWd6s
    445 RW/HP @ 398 Torque S/C

Jeff Doing a Traditional Burn Out At "Mo's Speed Shop"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCyKuC5heAI

So Far Best Run 12.84 @106 MPH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlA-0vB0HwU

Big "Thanks" To Gerald,Derek,Bill & Harrison

"Thanks" Martyo & Jeff

#6486 of 11,052 03 300B In Black

There was a BIG difference of front or back! My tires were screeching damn near all corners! If I'm starting to tap the brake while downshifting it's starting to get hairy.

"Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    There was a BIG difference of front or back! My tires were screeching damn near all corners! If I'm starting to tap the brake while downshifting it's starting to get hairy.

"Since 2004"
    Yup!!

That second set of videos was....well.......painful
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Just goes to show everyone how different road racing is from drag racing. Both fun - completely different style of driving. Problem is with a field that big once you get 5 - 7 cars back those that are not familiar with road racing lose the correct line to drive the course - evident of how bad it got in the back with huge spacing a incorrect line. Even going slow one should take the "correct" line through the course. In the end it sounded like everyone enjoyed themselves - that is what is most important, not many people get to drive on that track.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

I was a little disappointed that the person in front of me wasn't pushing very hard at first. But them I realized that it didnt matter because everyone has their own comfort level. After that I recognized that as a group we all did great. It was a very fun experience and to be honest with 4 people in the car I was amused on how well the big car handled! Great time folks!
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

goooood times

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    being last wasn't bad either - especially with 44 year old suspension geometry
    I was 2 cars in front of you and had a good time....kinda disappointed in cars slowing way down at the end of the long straightaway entering the right hand turn....I was always crawling up the rear of the car in front of me, just as he was with the car in front of him....glanced at the speedometer a few times and was going, shall I say it, just a "bit faster" than their recommended speed limit....When Brad, 1 fast merc, and I toured Autobahn CC the first time, we hoped everyone wouldn't get pissed at the "slow parade lap speed"....someone even called it a snails pace....and never thought we could stay out for the full 25 minutes....thought it would be 2/3 laps and over with....for all of us lucky Windy City Marauders, I'm working on going back as a group, but this time with a photographer to take pictures from trackside....

I was also puzzled at the slowdown at the end of the big straightaway during each lap. Still had a great time though!
    03 300A Black 1719/7839
    Current mods: FRP 4.10s, DR 93 Octane & shift tune, 8-clutch stock diff rebuild, bald tires
    Wish list: Eaton M112 kit and/or get bored and stroke it to a 5.0L

Don't let friends drive stockers:

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I was also puzzled at the slowdown at the end of the big straightaway during each lap. Still had a great time though!
    That is just folks not familiar with the breaking zones and where to turn into the corner, add those together for folks who seldom do this and you get very early breaking and wrong angles through the apex = very slow times through the turns.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    That is just folks not familiar with the breaking zones and where to turn into the corner, add those together for folks who seldom do this and you get very early breaking and wrong angles through the apex = very slow times through the turns.
    He speaketh the truth! ^^^

Autobahn CC laps

trying to cut a proper corner for speed was a little difficult in a crowd ....when I really tried, my thoughts came to riding on my original 10 year old tires that probably should have had more air in them....then I thought about the "power adder" cars....then I thought about how much fun justbob was having shifting and downshifting his 6 speed....won't forget that day....kudos to everyone !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WPG_Merc View Post
    Two vids from IPhone 4S Camera Mount.
    Autobahn Country Club Parade Laps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTZNncnaWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L2bAXWqN6w
    Thank you for sharing those 2 videos. I was driving the first DTR in front of you. Vincent was behind me and he had a Go Pro on his roof, but unfortunately it didn't record. My wife took several videos, but all of them were soiled by her telling me to slow down, brake more into corners and stop getting too close to the car in front of me. It was much more fun than I thought it would have been. It wasn't much of a parade lap, since I got up above 70 a couple times.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information