Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marauder Program Documents from Steve Babcock

Great history on our car... I remember when they came out and it was said the car was only built for the FEDS... LMAO

Little late to this, but I love all the information and a look at things behind the scenes. Makes me wonder if they would have gone through with the changes if the Marauder had stuck around longer.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300a. The Gray Marauder.

At 27 years old I think I am in the wrong car but I bought it cause Murrica lol

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK View Post
    Here are the Marauder Program documents Steve mentioned at Marauderville! So nice of him to share this information with us!

The PDFs are searchable!
    At Marauderville 14, someone asked Steve Babcock a question about the target audience for the original 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder release.

The full Customer Profile is in the fifth (5th) PDF down in the list in Post #1 of this thread entitled "Mercury Brand Positioning". EXTRACT shown below.

Customer
    Target Customer - Demographics
    Following is a demographic comparison of the Marauder target versus the current Grand Marquis customer. In order
    to define the Marauder target customer, we analyzed customer demographics for vehicles such as Taurus and
    Caprice which have offered both a performance and mainstream model (example Impala versus Caprice or SHO
    versus Taurus). Additionally, our target customer demographics are supported by the selected needs based
    segments.

Memo:
    Marauder Grand Marquis Impala Caprice 300M B'ville
    Sex (% male) 80-85 74 72 64 60 55
    Income ($): 60-80 51 61 51 86 63
    % College Educ. 60 32 44 42 38
    % Married: 65 83 80 76 78

* Marauder target customer would be 35-55, expected Marauder customer to be 45-55.
    Source: NVCS

Target Customer - Needs Based Segmentation

Primary Target Segment - Men Behaving Badly
    Looking for powerful aggressive, fast vehicle. Pro-American. Like to live on the edge. Vehicle is a reward and is
    suited for a “mover and shaker”. Vehicle provides a great deal of driving pleasure. Not concerned with safety and
    security, operating costs, easy entrance and exit, good value for the money.
    Customer Snapshot: Listen to music on radio, like to rent movies, active, participate in sports, enjoy going out to
    movies, dancing, outdoor activities or night clubs. May own a cell phone or boat, automotive enthusiasts. Many
    are older singles and couples with children. High percentage of white collar.

Secondary Target - Want It, Buy It
    This segment wants attention-getting design and performance and has the means to get it. Total and operating costs
    are not a hurdle. Vehicle is a reward that sets them apart as movers and shakers. Vehicle is one of many toys and
    they are self centered to the extreme. They are independent and want a vehicle to set themselves apart.
    Customer Snapshot: Uses internet and email, technologically oriented, auto enthusiasts, baby boomer, highly
    educated, male

Additional Target - Driveway Detailers
    Want an attention-getting, but familiar looking vehicle. These vehicle enthusiasts have fallen in love with their car
    or truck, and enjoy driving and taking care of it. Vehicle/driving/styling enthusiasts. Take a lot of pride in vehicle
    and see it as a reflection of self. Classic styling is better than newer styles and they want power and acceleration.
    Pro-American. 130+ miles per hour is important. These customers are independent minded.
    Customer Snapshot: Listen to music on radio, automotive enthusiasts, single, male, younger.
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 09-12-2016 at 07:34 AM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    At Marauderville 14, someone asked Steve Babcock a question about the target audience for the original 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder release.

The full Customer Profile is in the fifth (5th) PDF down in the list in Post #1 of this thread entitled "Mercury Brand Positioning". EXTRACT shown below.

Customer
    Following is a demographic comparison of the Marauder target versus the current Grand Marquis customer. In order
    to define the Marauder target customer, we analyzed customer demographics for vehicles such as Taurus and
    Caprice which have offered both a performance and mainstream model (example Impala versus Caprice or SHO
    versus Taurus). Additionally, our target customer demographics are supported by the selected needs based
    segments.

Memo:

* Marauder target customer would be 35-55, expected Marauder customer to be 45-55.

Looking for powerful aggressive, fast vehicle. Pro-American. Like to live on the edge. Vehicle is a reward and is
    suited for a “mover and shaker”. Vehicle provides a great deal of driving pleasure. Not concerned with safety and
    Customer Snapshot: Listen to music on radio, like to rent movies, active, participate in sports, enjoy going out to
    movies, dancing, outdoor activities or night clubs. May own a cell phone or boat, automotive enthusiasts. Many

This segment wants attention-getting design and performance and has the means to get it. Total and operating costs
    are not a hurdle. Vehicle is a reward that sets them apart as movers and shakers. Vehicle is one of many toys and
    they are self centered to the extreme. They are independent and want a vehicle to set themselves apart.
    Customer Snapshot: Uses internet and email, technologically oriented, auto enthusiasts, baby boomer, highly
    educated, male

Want an attention-getting, but familiar looking vehicle. These vehicle enthusiasts have fallen in love with their car
    or truck, and enjoy driving and taking care of it. Vehicle/driving/styling enthusiasts. Take a lot of pride in vehicle
    and see it as a reflection of self. Classic styling is better than newer styles and they want power and acceleration.
    Pro-American. 130+ miles per hour is important. These customers are independent minded.
    Customer Snapshot: Listen to music on radio, automotive enthusiasts, single, male, younger.
    Thanks! Yes, that was me. Very nice to meet you & your wife BlueRauder! Good Times man!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mercur View Post
    Thanks! Yes, that was me. Very nice to meet you & your wife BlueRauder! Good Times man!

Yes, we had a great time in Cleveland but it was over all too quickly. Glad to meet you and your wife and lots of new faces at MV14. Hope to see you at Carlisle All Ford Nationals, 2-4 June 2017 in Carlisle, PA.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post

Customer

segments.

Memo:

educated, male

Wow Charlie, something I've never read. Yup, I fit the profiles!

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Yup, I fit the profiles!

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    Me too! Well mostly...
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Mary,
    Thank you for making the docs a Sticky.
    All,
    I bought 2 new and have NEVER had any regrets. Too bad Ford pulls the plug on advertising almost even before the official release in 2002! Never saw any ads in 2003 or 2004.

GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Terrible Information!

Chuck Malo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Maurader # 27
    VIN 600045
    Built - March 12, 2002
    No exhaust baffles

6 CD changer
    Trunk Organizer

1991 Notchback
    351W, Vortec S trim