Thread: Blend door actuator replacement

Unhappy Blend door actuator replacement

No heat from ducts, EATC gives error codes 24 and 25 Blend door actuator.

The repair manual says to remove dash. Has anyone replaced this part without removing the dash? A "how to" would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post

The repair manual says to remove dash. Has anyone replaced this part without removing the dash? A "how to" would be welcomed.

Thanks,
    Yes / the biggest problem is room in the right top corner. you do have to remove the top dash plate / front matrix trim panel /right air bag / right vent and duct tube for space ,then you can see the blend door module and white plastic plug in ,in the top section to the right.. [ need small hands ] this is a brief synopsis of DA JOB .
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post

Thanks,
    You don't have to remove the dash, just remove the bolts that secure it and drop the steering column. If you do it the right way, no broken mounting tabs, etc. it should take about 3-4 hours. Get a small offset wrench with a 1/4" bit so you can use the 5/16" socket to get at the screws.

Two recommendations......

1. Disconnect the battery and wait 15 - 20 minutes so there is no chance of the airbags going off.
    2. Buy a genuine Ford actuator. They runabout $75.00. You can get aftermarket actuators but you'll end up doing the job again.

The hours spent will allow you to commune with your MM. Wait... what am I saying??? You'll get your son to do it..... good character builder. Post up how many parts he has left over...

I also clean each part that I take off, good time to get the dust and dirt off the backside of some parts.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I did mine in 30 min. Without removing the dash. Just pull the glove box out and you can reach it. Its a b*!#h but you can do it with the right hand tools and some patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    I did mine in 30 min. Without removing the dash. Just pull the glove box out and you can reach it. Its a b*!#h but you can do it with the right hand tools and some patience.
    And very small hands. .....
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Lol. That might have helped. Too bad I don't have small hands. 9.5" thumb to pinky.

Thread Information