Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MARAUDERVILLE 2015!!

MARAUDERVILLE 2015!!

It's Time!!! Marauderville 2015 !!!

The time to plan Marauderville 2015 is upon us!! Here are the criteria and timeframe for proposals. MM.Net Administration will review the proposals, which must be submitted by March 1, 2015. Look for an announcement in Mid March 2015 for MV2015!! (email address below)

Criteria for Marauderville 2015

Lodging
    • Hotel must be affordable. Someone MUST make an on-site visit to determine available facilities.
    • Amenities: King and Two Queen rooms; High Speed Internet (preferably at no extra charge); dining room, banquet facility, bar all on-site or within close proximity; pool preferred.
    • The hotel must be able to offer a block of no less than 50 rooms and have ample parking. Security is a high priority.
    Itinerary
    • ¼ or 1/8 mile drag strip, Road course or oval track within a reasonable distance and the cost of use. Test and Tune is an affordable option.
    • Things to see and do: plant/factory tours, museums, breweries, local culture, Cruises, anything automotive and/or transportation related.
    • Car Show with awards
    • Maraudervilles have traditionally been a Thursday through Sunday event, though other days to fit a specific scheduled event would be fine. Early Fall would be ideal, although other times will be considered depending on circumstances such as events we can piggyback on.
    • Consider the distances needed to travel in between itinerary locations as well as traffic and turns.
    • Down time and time to socialize are important so there's no need to fill every minute of the day.
    Responsibilities of Planning Team

• Communiciation and follow-through are the most important tasks for the Team. MM.Net will provide a closed forum for the Planning Team so all communications and tracking are in once place.
    • Site visits to potential hotels and all proposed venues.
    • Contact and pricing for awards and t-shirts. If you have no one local, we can provide info from prior vendors that served us well.
    • Contact Supporting Vendors and local area businesses and Chamber of Commerce for support of MV2015.
    • Manage as a team any fundraising opportunities to help reduce the cost of Registration for Attendees.
    Please include projected costs for any itinerary options such as admissions, fees, rentals, meals, catering, insurance, etc. It is OK to suggest "meal on your own."

Use 100 people as a guideline for costs.

Relate why you feel Marauderville 2015 should be at your location. What makes it “special & unique”?

Any members of previous planning teams would be more than happy to share their experiences. MM.Net pays all the bills and if you must front money, you will be reimbursed with receipts. MM.Net manages the Eventbrite and PayPal functions.

Please submit your proposal to MM.Net@MercuryMarauder.Net by March 1, 2015. Follow-up on the proposal may be needed, so please include names, email addresses and phone numbers of Members involved in the proposal.

The most important part of planning and execution is a dedicated group of people - doesn't need to be many - that can follow through with all aspects of the event. Also, not everyone on the Planning Team needs to live in the proposed Host Site.

If you have any questions, please email MM.Net@MercuryMarauder.Net or talk to Dan or Mary.
    Last edited by MM03MOK; 04-06-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

Just checking in and this thread.

If any group is in proposal discussions, could you please shoot me a PM? If we don't get any proposals, we'll have to come up with Plan B.

Thanks!!

Joanne and I will have to miss this event if it is held in August.

We are booked for the entire month of August touring Germany.(river boat - high speed train- tour bus) I do plan to rent something fast and try the Autobahn.

Thanks for the bump. PM Sent
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Charlottes!

I had a few guys say there were going to meet me at power tour 2014, but sold out. Instead I met an awesome guy, with a engine from my job (roush yates). We had a ball. Let's bring the dark Knights, silver birch's, the blue's and maroons to power tour this year. There are not many Marauder owners left. Let's make it count!

Sorry for the typo's. Auto correct

Ya lets get rolling on it. I need to set aside the dates.....

Vegas baby!!!!
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Vegas baby!!!!
    You got it!!!
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    A Vegas Marauderville would be perfect , and the west coast deserves a meet!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Vegas baby Vegas! please! I'm begging and making virtual puppy dog eyes

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Quote Originally Posted by bencraige View Post
    I had a few guys say there were going to meet me at power tour 2014, but sold out. Instead I met an awesome guy, with a engine from my job (roush yates). We had a ball. Let's bring the dark Knights, silver birch's, the blue's and maroons to power tour this year. There are not many Marauder owners left. Let's make it count!

I PM'd Carolina Marauder and Fastblackmerc but havent heard anything back in a while

All things being equal a West Coast Marauderville is overdue IMHO. I gotta say that I hope Vegas gets the nod but regardless... there will be a Vegas meet so all is not lost. Way to go Mebot & team. Got my fingers crossed for MV!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

There is no way in H#ll a MV will be held in Vegas.

Thanks for your vote of confidence Zack
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information