Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: all door locks dead

Check the connector and wires at the front left (drivers side) harness. It's around the headlight / air compressor area.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Check the connector and wires at the front left (drivers side) harness. It's around the headlight / air compressor area.
    Cool, this is what I wanted o know. Will look into this

Other members have found pinched wires in that area.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

UPDATE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krytin View Post
    This is interesting - 30 minutes ago I started w/same problem with door looks. The trunk is also not opening from the fob or the door switch. The aftermarket alarm status light is not blinking and just before I parked the car and found this problem the ABS light was on! I just finished a night shift so this will have to wait - probably until the blizzard in NY is over!

The ABS appears to be a separate issue - as the pads are very low and they were a very "dirty" compound I'm hoping that I just have a dirty wheel sensor.

On to the DDM.

Finally got around to checking fuses (delay due to weather/snow removal at the hospital where I work).

Under hood fuse # 8 - DDM 20 amp fuse was blown. Replaced fuse (purchased many extras just in case!), reconnected ground cable on battery and turned off the ____ing alarm!!!!

All lock/unlock functions work from doors and key fob. Locked the trunk release switch on the door - this was the last function used before the fuse blew.

Put the alarm in valet mode until all issues fully resolved. Will check the door switch and brakes when the weather is a little warmer and update again.
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

Good man. wish my door lock issue would have been so simple to fix. I still have to remove the front bumper and inspect all my wires and find where and how the problem started.

I'm still not sure what blew the first fuse - I may be following you down that trouble shooting road yet!
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

I just realized your from ny. Lets see how long this fuse last.

The fuse hasn't blown again but the looks only work intermittently. Looks like I'l b tracing the wire back to the fuse!
    What was that color code on the hot lead again?
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

Well, i have an 05 crown vic lx.sport. Not sure if its the same for your marauder but mine was light blue and white.

Should be the same - it's a place to start. I'll check it from the fuse side first and see what the color code is there. Just not today!
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

being that we are in lock switch issues, I just realized that both my driver side and passenger side lock switch does not have light. It had light before this happen. What can it be? Is there a seprate wire that gives the switch light?

So just went out to test another lock.switch i had and it lite up good and bright and then after 3 secounds it dimmed. Removed.the test switch and put back the one that was on and it did the same. Can it be the switches it self or maybe a plug issue?

Not having any problems with the lights in the switches. It's already snowing here so I won't be looking at it today.
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

UPDATE

So the power in to the door module was none existent - line was hot at the fuse under the hood but went dead somewhere between the fuse and the door. The lines going into the door were okay.

I could not locate the line in the bundle in enough places to find the actual break so I ran a new line from the under hood fuse to the module in the door - not the way I wanted to do it but it works fine and still uses the same fuse.
    Nice to be able to use the power locks and trunk release again!
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information