View Poll Results: Do you want to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise this August?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I am serious and sincere and dont mind putting a deposit down to reserve my spot.

12 92.31%
  • We don't need to know if you aren't going, so please don't vote here if you aren't going.

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise

MI2QWK4U Guest

Woodward Dream Cruise

I want to get a feel for those of you that may be outside michigan that have a sincere interest in attending the Woodward Dream Cruise this year. Our group has been scouting sites, and I can assure you they are prime sites directly on Woodward in the thick of things, mostly between 12 & 14 mile. For those that know, this is where it is at its best. The only thing that must be understood is this doesnt come cheap. Last few years people have paid 250-400 dollars for individual spots where we are looking, and we are looking for an entire lot. We need an idea of how many people outside michigan; Chicago, Canada, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, etc REALLY want to attend. Please respond to this thread if you are SERIOUSLY interested. We are trying to keep it around $100 per spot, but it depends what lot, and how many. This wont take long, things for the cruise are settled by the end of may, so we need to move. We will be requireing a cash deposit for your participation up front. I recall Mac expressing interest from the Chicago area, Barry, and a couple of guys from Canada, so let us know so you dont miss out!
    Last edited by MI2QWK4U; 04-26-2004 at 06:00 AM.

Dave: THe dates are?

darebren Guest
    pending confirmation of the dates, I want to come, I thought it was in June sometime.. and you can assure us if we pay, we can come into a lot and have a spot... is there a pass or something? I've driven down Woodward for the cruise, but never had a place to stop and park. seems like people would be taking our spots unless they were controlled while we were out cruising..

MikesMerc Guest
    The Dream Cruise date is Saturday August 21.

Depending on which lot we get, we might have the lot for Saturday only (8am to ???) or perhaps from Friday 8am to Sunday night. I have a number of possibilities I am working on depending on how many attend, our purchasing power, etc.

The WDC actually starts heating up in the evenings preceding the big event. Cruisers start hard and heavy on Monday, and it builds to a cresendo by Saturday. I've typically been out there for Friday and Saturday. Friday is a huge cruise day as well, but you don't have quite as many on lookers as you do on Saturday. The WDC committe is anticipating 10 to 12 million people along the 9 miles of Woodward. It's the biggest and baddest car show in the world bar none.

Whatever lot we get, we will OWN it for the time period we select. I will not only be securing a lease, but I will be filing all approprite local city paperwork and permits. No worries about squatters at all. Your space will be YOUR space...period. We will be controlling all access in and out of our lot.

Depending on what we want to get and what folks are willing to pay, I can get a "smaller" lot that comfortably holds 25 to 30 cars from Friday 8am to Sunday, or a lot that can hold 45 to 55 cars. Things we have considered include location, price, availability, convenient access, food/beverage availability, events and shows close by, shade, room for tent (s), etc.

This will not come to a vote. Whatever I can negociate is what we get. That said, it will definitely be in the heart of the action on Woodward and we will control our spots...period. If, for whatever reason, this parking falls through, and our back up locations fail, everyone will be refunded their entire deposit without question. Don'y worry, Jerry Barnes and Steve Babcock both know where I live

Anyway, as Dave has said, we need to move FAST. And we need to know how many serious MM cruisers want to come. I need to close this deal asap and secure an area. Once the lot is secured, individual parking spaces will be assigned on a first come (prepayment), first serve basis until we run out of room. As Dave said, it won't be cheap, but, I tell ya, a chance to park in a MM corral right on Woodward during Dream Cruise will be worth it to all those who know about the magnitude of the event.

Feel free to post more questions if you have them. But, in any case, you must act as quickly as possible.

(BTW, I live 3 blocks from Woodward in the heart of the activity and can suggest/help with overnight accomodations...just ask).
    Last edited by MikesMerc; 04-26-2004 at 07:23 AM.

Mike, I'm in. PM me your address and I'll send you a check.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

I assume the poll will log who has voted?
    Anyway, I plan to make it Saturday.

Jerry
    Trilogy SuperCharged Blue Marauder

MikesMerc Guest
    For those that have inquired about getting your deposits in right away:

We'll be going with a $100 deposit for now.

I'll keep the total price of the spaces in the $100 to $200 range while negociating our space. Once headcount and location cost is determined, any deposit vs. actual cost will be refunded/collected. The date the $100 deposit is received is the determining factor for "1st come 1st serve" on space allocation. If final cost is determined before you have made your initial deposit, you will need to pay that amount as deposit. I'll establish a cut off date as to when all monies must be received to secure a spot and let you know. That date will be about 3 to 4 weeks away.

To get your deposit submitted:

Mail a check payable to "Michael Zavislak" to:
    Motor City Mauraders Dream Cruise
    15726 Michigan Avenue
    Dearborn, MI 48126
    USA

Or Paypal to:
    mdzcpa@comcast.net

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
    I want to get a feel for those of you that may be outside michigan that have a sincere interest in attending the Woodward Dream Cruise this year. --snip!-- We will be requireing a cash deposit for your participation up front. --snip!--
    Hey Dave!

If it's August 21, then it's the week AFTER the <a href="http://www.montereyhistoric.com/">Monterey Historics</a href> and I can come!! Please let me know what kind of deposit you need and a check'll be forthcoming.

Any recommendations on hotels?

Wow! I finally get to go!

Mark

P.S. I usually don't get to go because of a longstanding 21 year commitment to the Monterey Historics referenced above, and the Wodward Dream Cruise has been on the same weekend for many years. Now you understand my excitement!

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

MikesMerc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by N40GL
    Please let me know what kind of deposit you need and a check'll be forthcoming.
    See my post above with deposit details. Dave will be starting another Motor City Marauders Event thread for the WDC. Details will be posted there too.

Mike,

I'm in my friend! I'll give you the money this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MikesMerc
    For those that have inquired about getting your deposits in right away:

We'll be going with a $100 deposit for now.

I'll keep the total price of the spaces in the $100 to $200 range while negociating our space. Once headcount and location cost is determined, any deposit vs. actual cost will be refunded/collected. The date the $100 deposit is received is the determining factor for "1st come 1st serve" on space allocation. If final cost is determined before you have made your initial deposit, you will need to pay that amount as deposit. I'll establish a cut off date as to when all monies must be received to secure a spot and let you know. That date will be about 3 to 4 weeks away.

To get your deposit submitted:

Mail a check payable to "Michael Zavislak" to:
    Motor City Mauraders Dream Cruise
    15726 Michigan Avenue
    Dearborn, MI 48126
    USA

Or Paypal to:
    mdzcpa@comcast.net

Thanks!
    Robert Epson

Im in

Check will go out tomorrow Mike.

Response from Jerry Barnes

Mike and Dave,

I am in for 2, possibly 3, cars. I will drop my check off tomorrow.

I agree with the gentleman about the Monterey Historics. I use to alternate years for each event. They are both great events.

MikesMerc Guest
    Bump to the top.

If you are interested, you had better get your vote in fast!

BTW, we have many verbal commitments from the local guys, so don't let the poll numbers fool you. We have about 25 cars so far.

Mike, the check went out yesterday. Thanks for all of your work on this.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

I am interested, but need to check my wife's vacation plans first.

I'm on the road now, but will find out, and post as soon as I know.
    Sounds like fun, and I will need hotel info as well.
    2017 Niro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information