Thread: The employment situation

The employment situation

Earlier I commented that my contract was defunded, leaving me unemployed as of 30 April. This morning I signed a new contract that will keep me employed through September 05. Thanks for all of your good wishes and support. I'm grateful for your concern.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

great...happy for you...willie
    ---------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder BLACK
    SS inserts
    Addco sway bars
    JLT CAI
    4.10's
    MO's custom tune
    275 rwhp/303 lbs. torque

Now that's the best news I have heard all day.

I hope this isn't seen as derailing the thread but I would ask all of you to keep my wife in your thoughts. We have a similar situation, yet for different reasons.

She has a boss that is trying to get her fired. Her boss is incompetent and never delegates. Therefore, my wife never has enough to do and can never get anything done without being insubordinate. Since she never gets anything done, her boss is recommending her term not be renewed.

My wife found this out last week. She is 9 months pregnant. I don't believe they would be stupid enough to try and take away her medical leave, but I suspect they will ask her to not return upon its completion. (her first negative evaluation came just after the announcement of the pregnancy)

We are consulting an attorney about the possible health ramifications of telling a very pregnant woman that she won't have a job after the birth, among all of the other documents we have from her co-workers realting to how cruel and incompetent her boss really is.

She won't be able to look for a job while in labor or thereafter. If she loses her job, I will most likely take a second job at night during her leave, as well as probably selling my MM.

I really hope it doesn't come to that - I am not sure I could be held responsible for my actions with regards to her boss.

Anyway, enough of my griping. Hopefully things will work out.

Thanks all,
    -Andrew
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Dan-- great news! Praise the Lord!

Andrew-- sounds mighty fishy to me. I'd look for a labor/employment lawyer in your area. Good luck to both of you.
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    Earlier I commented that my contract was defunded, leaving me unemployed as of 30 April. This morning I signed a new contract that will keep me employed through September 05. Thanks for all of your good wishes and support. I'm grateful for your concern.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Dan, I missed your first post, but happy to read this news.

Andrew...Network. I've seen this before, and its most likely the boss doesn't understand the FMLA. Any HR in your corner?

Best wishes to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Dan, I missed your first post, but happy to read this news.

Andrew...Network. I've seen this before, and its most likely the boss doesn't understand the FMLA. Any HR in your corner?

Best wishes to both of you.

Ditto as well ^^
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

There's HR available but they have little power. My wife has no union since she is not a teacher, custodian, or clerical. They have unions. She works for a university but is student support staff - no union to help her and HR can only do so much. They are trying to help, but the attorney is perhaps our best chance.

Getting a hearing and letting a judge or jury know the pregnancy "coincidence" might be bad publicity they do not need. Then there's the local TV station.

I'm in "daddy" mode and this could endanger my daughter's health (stress on the mother and all that - can cause a number of problems). I will stop at little in this case.

Thanks for the suggestions. We are getting all sorts of data from current and former employees about this boss. Maybe we can't get her fired, but we can at least let everyone know what a lying b**ch she is.

Thanks,
    -A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Dan,

It was nice meeting you yesterday. Indeed you have a good sense of humor. In addition, I'm glad to know that you have a new contract until 09/05.

Take care and I'll see you real soon.

Robert Epson

Dan, pleased to hear the news, if it's what you want. Me, I'm looking forward to being unemployed (starting in about 2 weeks). dutroll, it does seem a little fishy to me also.
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey
    Dan, pleased to hear the news, if it's what you want. Me, I'm looking forward to being unemployed (starting in about 2 weeks). dutroll, it does seem a little fishy to me also.

Well, may you be unemployed as long as you desire.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

I'm desiring May 10ish to October 1ish, but I'm sure some one of my employers will catch wind of my enjoying myself just a bit too much!
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

Blog Entries
    With all the bad newes that we hear in the World, it's nice to hear something good for a change. I wish you good luck in September renewing again.

Thread Information