Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor City Marauders Regional Event - Woodward Dream Cruise

MI2QWK4U Guest

Motor City Marauders Regional Event - Woodward Dream Cruise

Motor City Marauders - Regional Event
    Woodward Dream Cruise
    Saturday, August 21, 2004
    Royal Oak, Michigan

The Motor City Marauders are working real hard to set up a great time at the Woodward Dream Cruise for Marauder owners everywhere. We are considering a couple of prime locations directly on Woodward, mostly in Royal Oak, which is the epicenter of activity for that weekend. These locations come with a premium cost, so be forwarned. If you wait till the last minute, expect to pay anywhere from $250-$400 for a single parking spot. We are trying to keep it around $150 per spot, but it depends what lot, and how many. This wont take long, things for the cruise are settled by the end of May, so we need to move. We will be requireing a cash deposit for your participation up front.
    Information from our resident Woodward Dream Cruise expert Mike:
    "Depending on which lot we get, we might have the lot for Saturday only or perhaps from Friday 8am to Sunday night. Friday is a huge cruise day as well, but you don't have quite as many on lookers as you do on Saturday. The WDC committe is anticipating 10 to 12 million people along the 9 miles of Woodward. It's the biggest and baddest car show in the world bar none. Whatever lot we get, we will OWN it for the time period we select. I will not only be securing a lease, but I will be filing all approprite local city paperwork and permits. No worries about squatters at all. Your space will be YOUR space...period. We will be controlling all access in and out of our lot. This will not come to a vote. Whatever I can negociate is what we get. That said, it will definitely be in the heart of the action on Woodward and we will control our spots...period. If, for whatever reason, this parking falls through, and our back up locations fail, everyone will be refunded their entire deposit without question. We need to know how many serious MM cruisers want to come. I need to close this deal asap and secure an area. Once the lot is secured, individual parking spaces will be assigned on a first come (prepayment), first serve basis until we run out of room. As Dave said, it won't be cheap, but, I tell ya, a chance to park in a MM corral right on Woodward during Dream Cruise will be worth it to all those who know about the magnitude of the event.

For those that have inquired about getting your deposits in right away:

We'll be going with a $100 deposit for now.

I'll keep the total price of the spaces in the $100 to $200 range while negociating our space. Once headcount and location cost is determined, any deposit vs. actual cost will be refunded/collected. The date the $100 deposit is received is the determining factor for "1st come 1st serve" on space allocation. If final cost is determined before you have made your initial deposit, you will need to pay that amount as deposit."

The cut off day for registering for the WDC is Wednesday, May 26, 2004. As Mike has indicated, PAID registration is the only fair way to determine parking space selection for the event.

To get your deposit submitted:

Mail a check payable to "Michael Zavislak" to:
    Motor City Mauraders Dream Cruise
    15726 Michigan Avenue
    Dearborn, MI 48126
    USA

Or Paypal to:
    mdzcpa@comcast.net

We will be contacting local hotels to make arrangments for out of town folks attending the WDC. If we are able to secure sponsors for the event, the costs will be reduced accordingly. As more information becomes available, it will be posted in this forum. As always, this event is open to any and all Mercury Marauders from across the country. Mike is right, this is the Biggest, Baddest car show in the world. We are doing the legwork, all you need to do is show up and enjoy our hospitality. The club will be providing Dash Plaques to commemorate this event. Any questions or concerns, please contact us at mdzcpa@comcast.net for Mike, or mi2qwk4u@comcast.net for Dave.
    Last edited by MI2QWK4U; 04-27-2004 at 06:02 PM.

darebren Guest
    I am soooooooo in! just sent paypal deposit.

MikesMerc Guest
    If you haven't made your deposit yet, but are definitely interested in going, please put yourself down on this thread:
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...612#post127612

I'll be assembling a "who's in" list shortly.

Thanks

Mike Z,

I just sent you a Paypal.
    Yours truly,
    Meteorite - Royal Oak, Michigan

2003 300A - Black VIN = xxxxxxxxxxx600051 *** Build Date = 3/13/2002
    Best e.t. -- 12.31 @ 111.5 mph *** Now with: Trilogy #220, Alternative Auto Performance Tune + 4.10 Gears +SW headers + Metco control arms + Addco front and rear sta-bars + Dynotech Metal Matrix Driveshaft + Weldcraft widened wheels & MT drag radials.

2003 300B - Blue

And now ... 2003 Black (Trilogy #58)

1962 Mercury Meteor & 1963 Mercury Meteor

Paypal just sent. Thanks Mike!
    2003 Marauder, 300A, Black/Dark Charcoal
    Adopted August 8, 2007. Retired August 8 2014. Trilogy #234 installed May 2011, SS Inserts, Factory spoiler, widened rims, Nittos, Permachrome rims, 3.2 blower pulley.

2004 DTR/Dark Charcoal,
    Adopted: April 2004 Retired: February 2006
    Trilogy #34 Supercharger,SS Inserts,Factory spoiler,K&N AirCharger,Moonroof,Heated seats,6 disc

2003 300A, Black,
    Adopted: June 2002 Retired: April 2004
    Rienhart stage one.

MikesMerc Guest

Dream Cruise Parking Finalized - PLEASE READ

Okay everyone, here is the scoop!

I closed the deal with Annette's today and signed the lease. The final lot cost was $6,500. I made a down payment of $3,250 with my own money.

We have the lot from Friday through Sunday, with a small limitation on Friday before 12pm (she needs 5 open spots until 12 pm, then the whole lot is ours until Sunday PM). We'll have electric power access included in the rental fee also. No access to the building (inside or roof).

My phone number is being given to all vendors who approach Annette's...and there will a bunch. This is the 10th Anniversery WDC, so available space is going to come at a huge premium. We'll play the sublet game as it goes. I'll keep you all informed.

The goal is to ensure the least expensive way for anyone who wants to park at the heart of the cruise along with your MM brothers, Steve Babcock and a few of our supporting vendors. Use of sublet parking or vending will be used based on space availability and the potential rental income. All sublet income, from whatever source, will be pooled and divided equally to all those who have paid for parking.

If we wish to have additional amenities, such as a private porta john just for our own use, I can arrange this. I'll get the cost associated with such things and the group will absorb the cost based on popular vote.

Other things that will impact our cost is how many places we try to park and the possibility of sponsor donations. 30 spots would be the absolute max to park. 28 would be tight. 25 would be perfect in my opinion allowing for nice places to sit, and potential places for vendors. Sponsorship donations would ofcourse only offset our costs.

The bottom line is that depending on the end number of participants, sublet income, and sponsor donations, the final cost will vary. We really won't know until a few weeks before the event what the final amount is. However, we do know how much each space will cost assuming no sublet income and a modest projection of parking participation. This is where I am going to be setting the price for now and the amount that needs to be paid asap.

If we all share $6500 by 25 spots, this would equal $260 per spot. That would be MAX cost. But I can almost guarantee you, the final costs will indeed be significantly less. Based on my confidence of potential vending, sponsorship donations, and sublet parking of available designated parking spaces, I will set the price at $250 for now.

Again, not only do I expect $250 to be enough, I anticipate refunds coming to everyone before its over. I'm shooting for closer to, or less than $200.

Now, with all the facts thus far in hand, please get your final payments into me ASAP. Remember, I've only taken in $100 deposits thus far and just wrote a personal check for $3,250. So please be considerate and send in your money. If you need more time, please PM me so that we can make an arrangement. I know it is an expensive event, so I will try to be as flexible as possible to allow those to work with their budgets.

I know this event may sound expensive, but understand that you will be at THE heart of the Dream Cruise within walking distance to many shows and events. In addition, we'll have Alternative Auto and Trilogy Motorsports there (Lidio and Jerry), along with Steve Babcock and whatever new ride he brings . It'll be far more than parking you'll be paying for!

BTW, we have a handful of spots still avalable so come join in what will likely be the biggest event next to MV-II this year.
    Last edited by MikesMerc; 05-09-2004 at 05:19 PM.

OK With me,Mike

Check will be in the mail this coming weekend Mike.Thanks for Stepping up.Things will work out.

darebren Guest
    paypal on the way.. i'll add a little extra, so the net to you is close to $150.. which will make about $250 in total.. i wish i owned paypal!

Mike, will this include the Porta-john too?
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

MikesMerc Guest
    Dan,

Technically no. If worst case scenerio happens, we pay $250 and that includes no porta john. However, if we can get our parking prices reduced through other means (vendor donations, sublet income, etc) than I am pretty sure we can rent the pj with some of the savings.

I'll be looking into the price of the pj when they call me and will know more then.

BTW, remember that the Burger King is less than 250 feet away next door. So either way, we'll have ample facilities

MikesMerc Guest
    BTW, Thanks for the quick replies so far! Every bit helps.

Also, I forgot to mention, as we draw closer to the event, I'll have a full accounting for the WDC so everyone can see what was brought in and what was spent. The idea is to retain zero funds for the MCM.

Mike,

I sent you a Paypal just now.

Yours truly,
    Paul Erlandson
    Yours truly,
    Meteorite - Royal Oak, Michigan

2003 300A - Black VIN = xxxxxxxxxxx600051 *** Build Date = 3/13/2002
    Best e.t. -- 12.31 @ 111.5 mph *** Now with: Trilogy #220, Alternative Auto Performance Tune + 4.10 Gears +SW headers + Metco control arms + Addco front and rear sta-bars + Dynotech Metal Matrix Driveshaft + Weldcraft widened wheels & MT drag radials.

2003 300B - Blue

And now ... 2003 Black (Trilogy #58)

1962 Mercury Meteor & 1963 Mercury Meteor

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Come on guys, we asked Mike to make this happen for us, and he did a great job. We both but a lot of time and consideration in the Woodward event, but Mike ran the torch the last stretch to make it happen, and to him I say thanks. Mike has also finalized something else he and I had talked about a month ago for the MCM club, and that is done as well. I will let him announce that when he gets it sorted out, but I will say this, our MCM club will be elevated to a much higher level of recognition both locally and nationally. I dont want to see Mike holding the money bag for paying off half for the parking lot, so I would encourage those that have committed to attending to settle up with Mike as soon as possible so he doesnt have any financial issues from paying for the club. My hats off to the guys that have already chimed up in this thread so fast. I can't wait to hang with you guys, I consider it an honor to be your friend and fellow MCM member.

Response from Jerry Barnes

Mike,

Thanks for all of the effort you put into getting this set up! And thanks to Dave, Slim, Paul, and the others for getting this thing together so early in the year. Great job everyone! Mike, I will have my accountant contact you tomorrow to finish our business.

Thanks,

Jerry

bigslim Guest
    Thanks Mike for all the hard work. I will contact you this week and give my check. Great job to all the guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information