Thread: Motor City Marauders Regional Event - MCM Dyno Day at Lidio's Alternative Auto

MI2QWK4U Guest

Motor City Marauders Regional Event - MCM Dyno Day at Lidio's Alternative Auto

Motor City Marauders - Regional Event
    MCM Dyno Day at Lidio's Alternative Auto
    Saturday, May 22, 2004 at 9:00 am
    Hosted by Alternative Auto

Alternative Auto
    145 Malow, Unit D
    Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
    586-463-0010
    www.alternativeauto.com

Guys, how does this sound for a Motor City Marauder get together?! Lidio is hosting a Marauder Dyno and Tune Day at Alternative Auto. His Dyno Days are always a BIG draw around town. As always, our events are open to any Marauders from around the country, there are a lot of Marauders that could benefit from Lidio's touch! Don't miss the chance to have one of the best tuners in the business today evaluate your Marauder. There will be several Trilogy cars on hand, from the #1 Trilogy to the SEMA car, as well as the two fastest Trilogy Marauders (so far!), Lidio's and Dave's. There will be plenty of test drives to show different mod combinations to give people a chance to see what it is like before doing it on their own car.

Per Lidio, this is how things will go:
    "Like any other 'dyno day' at my shop we charge $50.00 for two or three pulls. That’s it usually, only the two or three pulls and not custom tuning because you really can't get any thing conclusive done in two pulls unless you run it N/A on one run and then turn on NOS or some thing the next run. The DynoJet on that day will NOT be usable or rentable at an hourly rate because of the volume of cars we usually try to knock out in the 7-10 hours we’ll be there. So if you’re looking to try many things or bring your own tuner or tuning software, unless its a little tweek thats not real time consuming... it would require a dyno appointment another time.

Also like other dyno days…. We charge an extra $25.00 to log Air/Fuel ratio with our true wide band 02 which does not go into the tail pipe. I don’t believe in tail pipe tuning so ours requires an available 02 bung in the exhaust ahead of the first set of cats if the cats are still there. For those of you with stock MM’s or with very little done or even mild exhaust work… don’t sweat the Air/Fuel ratio thing, a stock MM’s Air/Fuel ratio at WOT is about 12.8-13.00 to 1... This is optimal and requires no adjustment at all. This is what I’ve seen on every MM we tune that’s N/A.

I'm open to……., and considering doing some tunes on that day for a limited number of MM's possibly. As many know I'm now a full SCT tuner using their software, chips and very soon their hand held tuner. I have programs for the MM’s on chips with and with-out 4.10s. For the hand held tuner all I need to do is load them into the hand held and start using them or sending them out.

So far my MM performance tune for 3.55s and 4.10s is working out great. No spark knock on premium fuel (92-93 octane), no overly harsh shifts, and every body seems to love what I do with the transmission/torque converter. I don’t currently own the device that allows me to flash a car and then let the customer go with just that and no hand held for him to proceed home with, with multiple programs and the ability to flash back to stock.
    So it would have to be a chip or a micro tuner type thing. The chips installed will be about $400.00 for the whole thing I’m thinking; you’re before and after pulls, chip and all in the $400.00. If it’s done with a flasher I think that price will be about $100.00 more and you leave with a Micro tuner with two additional programs and the ability to flash back to stock if needed.

Well that’s a starting point I hope for every one. I’m open to doing some light custom tunes or just plane selling my chip or handheld to any interested MM owners on the dyno day. You’ll be able to test drive the car before you leave or before it goes on the dyno etc. I assure you the program we have for N/A Marauders with or with out 4.10’s is getting great reviews mostly for the throttle response and trans/torque converter stuff we do."

If you want to inquire about having some other mods done that day by Lidio's mechanics during the dyno day, contact Lidio PRIOR to the dyno day to see if he can accomodate your needs. It may be possible to do a couple of gear swaps that day, but it will need to be set up in advance. Lidio is very happy to work around things for the Marauder owner! If you have any questions, please contact Lidio at lidio@alternativeauto.com , or Dave at mi2qwk4u@comcast.net .

If you plan on attending, please sign up by voting on the pole in this thread:
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...***.php?t=9133 . Maps attached below.

[ Yahoo! Maps ]

Map of
    145 Malow St
    Mount Clemens, MI 48043-2100
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MI2QWK4U; 04-27-2004 at 08:31 PM.

MI2QWK4U Guest

Reminder

Just a reminder, less than a week away for this one folks. This could be the largest group of Marauders at one dyno event ever! You will have everything from bone stock, to Lidios blown and sprayed monster which set a new 1/4 mile time last night! Don't miss out!

This is a list of those planning on attending according to the poll:
    Big Joe P
    bigslim
    bugsys03
    darebren
    DetGeno
    DL04
    Dogzebra
    dwasson
    emcars
    Fast4Door
    gilby04
    Hack Goby
    Jerry Barnes
    jobrien8
    jstevens
    Lidio
    Lowell
    MarauderMike
    metroplex
    MI2QWK4U
    MikesMerc
    seabreeze

MikesMerc Guest
    Final Reminder! Dyno Day tomorrow at Lidio's! Plan on being there to soak up all the action.

Man. I LOVE dyno days

Thumbs up Dyno Day

My plans are to be there at 1:00p.m.. I am having trouble not being excited!

Thread Information