Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Wheels?

Billatpro Guest

Aftermarket Wheels?

I have not seen any discussion on after market wheels1 I'm going to pull the factory wheels and bag'em up for safe keeping. but I haven't found any or seen any suggestions on replacments.

What do you guy's think? any suggestions?

hd2805 Guest
    Same here, looking for some nice "machined" wheels, don't really care for the chrome....Find anything interesting please advise...
    Thanks

KSMM03 Guest
    Yeah, I thought chrome was a bit much....I still think getting 4 of the 18" spares and painting them black with several coats of clearcoat on them would make it look menacing.

I think 18" wheels are going to be difficult to find and expensive....but then again, I could be wrong..

I kinda like the wheels SHM is using...

..or something similar would look decent...But then again, I also love the stock wheel so why switch?

KSMM03 Guest

Question

I think this one isn't too bad...kind of retro.....but subtle...I mean if you're looking to go away from the chrome....
    Attached Images Attached Images

looking97233 Guest

Wheels are not chrome.

Our wheels are polished alloy not chome.

That is a nice looking wheel, KSM. I think it would look good on our car. I'm quite happy with the stock ones though.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4WD V6
    2008 Mercury Sable Premier
    2002 Mercury Sable LS (Sold)
    1998 Ford Contour Sport (Sold)
    1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 (Scrapped)
    1997 Mercury Villager Nautica (Sold)
    2003 Mazda Protege5 (Sold)

Billatpro Guest
    I'm very happy with stock wheel also which is why I want to "Protect them for the future" by putting them away.
    At some point in time will want to sell this car and a set of pristien original wheels will just add value and desire.

The first thing to go on any car is the wheels and inspite of how they are cared for they will take a beating.

I like the retro look where did you find them, does anyone have the specs on the stock wheels, off set, width and so on?

Thanks

Guys,

In the back of this months MM&FF there is an ad for "new" Magnum 500's in our sizes...It is a division of Coker Tire that is putting them out.. I am also looking at "bagging" the original wheels / tires and putting them in the basement...

As was discussed in the snow tire threads we can do a "Minus 1" and go to a 17 inch rim with a taller profile tire to keep the right overall diameter on the car...that opens up the wheel selection a lot...
    Wayne

I like those torq-thrust's...

The 02 Bullit Mustang had the Torque Thrust style on it... That was a 17 incher that might just fit...it has the right bolt pattern but I don't know about the offset.. I believe they are in the Ford Motor Sport Catalog if anyone has one handy..
    Wayne

schuvwj Guest
    How a bout a set of Cragar wheels. I think it would look really sharp!

http://www.cragar.com/Series61.html

Hey guys, we talking about improving our MMs, and we're considering buying something "smaller."

Ain't that against the rules?

KSMM03 Guest

TorqThrusts

Went to ARE (American Racing Equipment) website.

Apparently these are TorqThrust ST's, and come in 18X8.5". What was even more interesting was they have a program where it would show your car (yes the Marauder was loaded) with the wheels on it. Pretty spiffy ifyou ask me. I kind of like the look and will stop at both the local tire/wheel place and ....Sears...to see if they carry this, I don't see why they wouldn't.

http://www.americanracing.com/

is the website, in the upper left (sorta) corner) there's a "see AR wheels on your car here" click on it and it will take you to the program. It even allows you to adjust the height of the car....(for you lowrider types)

I think this car would look good with these wheels on it...but then again I'm biased...

Andrew10AE Guest
    Originally posted by schuvwj
    How a bout a set of Cragar wheels. I think it would look really sharp!

http://www.cragar.com/Series61.html
    Remember that while we have RWD cars, the offset is more generically a FWD offset which might make finding the right combination of size/offset difficult. (the wheel Schuvwj mentioned was an RWD offset, probably way off from ours)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information