Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof

Sunroof

Anybody else have problems with their sunroof? Yesterday I noticed the close button left it somewhat cracked in the back. Whenever I got it closed & shut the car down, the glass would slide back to that slightly cracked position. I'm pretty sure it's an ASC, but the button looks like Inalfa. Any thoughts?

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

Nope, I'm waiting to pick up my kids and start spring break. Just looked up and made sure that the glass works.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

It's not an ASC roof, Webasto is the manufacturer.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Is it factory or aftermarket. Post a picture of the overhead console.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I'm not sure if it's factory or aftermarket, but I'd assume factory. I also don't have an overhead console, there's just a small rectangular button that glows red. I'll post pictures as soon as I get out to the parking lot.

My button looks just like this, only it's not rounded at the top & doesn't say Inalfa.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_S55 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's factory or aftermarket, but I'd assume factory. I also don't have an overhead console, there's just a small rectangular button that glows red. I'll post pictures as soon as I get out to the parking lot.

My button looks just like this, only it's not rounded at the top & doesn't say Inalfa.
    I know Marauders all came with overhead consoles. If you didn't have a short console whomever did the moon roof install world modify the console. I can assume that CV's or GM's were the same, so it looks like yours is an aftermarket install.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    I know Marauders all came with overhead consoles. If you didn't have a short console whomever did the moon roof install world modify the console. I can assume that CV's or GM's were the same, so it looks like yours is an aftermarket install.
    I know base Grand Marquis GS's didn't always come with overhead consoles, so that's why I figured it might be factory. I read another thread on how to identify if Marauders left the factory "incomplete" and were shipped to ASC. Is there a way to find that for GM's & CV's?

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

This is how the short console looks.

Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know!!!
    Production #1489 of 3213/#516 of 997

Every time I shut off the ignition the roof goes & does the hokey pokey. If I time it right, I can hit any button, it'll stop moving & make a seal.

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

As you can see, no overhead console. The Grand Marquis GS's weren't usually equipped with 'em, even with a sunroof.

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

I know base Grand Marquis GS's didn't always come with overhead consoles, so that's why I figured it might be factory. I read another thread on how to identify if Marauders left the factory "incomplete" and were shipped to ASC. Is there a way to find that for GM's & CV's?
    Crown North America did the final upfit on the panther platform cars, not ASC.

As you can see, no overhead console. The Grand Marquis GS's weren't usually equipped with 'em, even with a sunroof.
    That is an aftermarket roof. There are adjustment for the glass, and shop that does sunroof upfits can align it.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Here is a pic from my 2004 Grand Marquis that had an OEM moonroof, came with overhead console.

2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

I guess mine could be a dealer install? Is there a stand alone fuse box for it somewhere, or is it in the regular fuse panel? I've got the sunroof closed & sealed for now, and if I can keep it from moving at all, it'd be perfect.

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

I guess mine could be a dealer install? Is there a stand alone fuse box for it somewhere, or is it in the regular fuse panel? I've got the sunroof closed & sealed for now, and if I can keep it from moving at all, it'd be perfect.
    Your guess is as good as ours. Start tracing wires. Switch might be bad.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

I wished mines had a moonroof. Stupid how this was such a rare option for such a nice car. I can get a camry accord or civic with a sunroof all day long but a panther, one in every 2,000 smh
    MM Production Sequence Number 406 of 3214 2004 Silver Birch #147 of 993 (Sold 6/5/15)

Other toys:
    -2015 Dodge Charger RT Plus, Phantom black pearl, prl/blk lthr, 5.7 MDS Hemi, on order/D1, build date 6/20/15
    -1996 Chevy impala SS, very fast car, DCM w/moonroof
    -2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond Pearl
    -1999 Cadillac Seville STS, Sterling Silver (Sold)
    -2010 Dodge Charger Pursuit, Hemi, marked patrol take home

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information