Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about possibly parting a Marauder

Question about possibly parting a Marauder

Sooooo,
    I have a chance to get a Marauder.... not sure what year... It has 1XX,XXX ... motor has the timing chain slap going on, front and rear bumpers have no cracks, but the paint is messed up on the corners of each..... the cam covers are corroded looking and dirty engine compartment... but it does run..... interior is in good shape but someone stole the gauge pod out of it... trans was good when parked, but it has been sitting for almost a year.
    The rear window has a hole busted in it.... and the air ride leaks.... other than that, it is in surprisingly good shape.... lol
    No title....

My question is..... would it be hard to sell parts if I part it out? If so, how much could I get for most parts like the interior, the wheels, the trunk lid with spoiler, the headlights, bumpers, etc.... probably gonna keep the engine unless I get a silly offer for that.

The car is at a mechanic shop... the owner brought it in to have the timing chain issue, and the air bag issue fixed.... then decided they didn't have the money, left the car sit, the shop charged storage fees, etc... basically, the owner said keep it.... not the guy who runs the shop is considering selling it. without a title... and has zero interest in trying to get one for it.

Any info on part values would be greatly appreciated....
    Last edited by Bulldog5.0; 05-07-2015 at 08:27 AM.
    Quick N/A 2V

I added pics, but they aren't showing up for some reason....
    Quick N/A 2V

I'll try it this way....

Quick N/A 2V

you will be ready to kill yourself and those that pm you non-stop.
    Then you will have to deal with shipping big items because nobody local ever needs them.

I'd be willing to bet a bunch of tards have already pm'ed you with the "if you part it out, I want this' speech.

Your best bet is to see if Spectragod or lji372 wants it.
    Make a few hundo by doing nothing.

Without a title, I think you would have a hard time getting rid of the carcass. The junk yard would probably have to have it to be legal to take it.

I've seen worse cars restored to live a long and healthy life.....

I haven't received one single PM... lol

I just want to sell the parts off of it if I can find buyers.... The interior I already have someone interested in, my buddy wants that.... the bumpers, the trunk with spoiler, the headlights, etc... the CV guys want... tho I prefer to sell them to marauder guys... as far as what will be left... the local yard will take it...won't give me much for what it left... but there won't be much left...

I don't feel like going through the trouble to get a title, or the money it will cost.... he is selling it for parts... if I don't buy it, he is gonna part it
    Quick N/A 2V

Does the local yard know there is no title?

I see you are from Maryland. This car must have spent its' entire life in Baltimore.

I'll only get it if I can sell enough parts to at least get my money back fairly quickly... I can sell the rest over time...
    Quick N/A 2V

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Does the local yard know there is no title?

I see you are from Maryland. This car must have spent its' entire life in Baltimore.
    Yes, they do.... as well as why, and who the car is coming from.... small community

Yes, I am in the southern most part of MD, a couple hours south of B'more..... and yeah... lol, looks like it lived city life...
    Quick N/A 2V

Ok cool, part away.

Ok cool, part away.
    Need an idea of what the parts are worth really... at least the bigger ticket items I mentioned in the OP.... plus, I can only do it if I can at least get my original money spent back in a decent timeframe....

Any info on part values would be greatly appreciated..
    Quick N/A 2V

Is it an 03 or 04? If it's an 03 and has the full size spare (in decent shape) I'll trade you the oil pump for it.

Did the owner not do a mechanics lean on it so he could get the title?

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog5.0 View Post
    Need an idea of what the parts are worth really... at least the bigger ticket items I mentioned in the OP.... plus, I can only do it if I can at least get my original money spent back in a decent timeframe....

Any info on part values would be greatly appreciated..
    Open the forum on Marauder parts for sale and all the info you need will magically appear.

Shipping anything is horrendously expensive. A bumper will cost around $150 and up, depending on where it goes. Ask me how I know.

I don't know what the laws in Maryland are, but I think that yard is breaking the law by taking the car with no title. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    Is it an 03 or 04? If it's an 03 and has the full size spare (in decent shape) I'll trade you the oil pump for it.

Did the owner not do a mechanics lean on it so he could get the title?
    I am waiting to hear what year it is... haven't looked at it in person yet.... I will this weekend though...

The owner of the shop has zero intention on getting the title, or helping anyone get the title... he will part it if I don't buy it to part...

and if I get it, and it has the full size spare, you have a deal...

if not, i will still get you the funds for the poiol pump in the next week or so...just gotta wait and see where this goes.
    Quick N/A 2V

Open the forum on Marauder parts for sale and all the info you need will magically appear.

I don't know what the laws in Maryland are, but I think that yard is breaking the law by taking the car with no title. Just FYI.

Bill of sale is acceptable
    Quick N/A 2V

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information