Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Pump Durability

Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Pump Durability

Anyone having issues with these pumps?
    Yesterday I had the second pump failure in a year. This one had me walking so I'm looking at other pump options. The first pump failure was more gradual. In hot ambient temps after extended driving I could see fuel pressure fluctuating and I would get a code P0167 unable to control fuel pressure essentially. When I replaced that pump I took my time, eliminated the KB Boost a Pump, and soldered each connection sealed with heat shrink.
    Yesterday was quite hot but had only been driving for about an hour while cruising at 70 mph it shut off like flipping a switch. Fuel pressure did not fluctuate prior to this and fuel pressure was only 10 psi. Being familiar with the wiring I immediately went to all of my connections in the trunk where the Boost a pump used to be, the Inertia switch, the FPDM and the fuel pump relay. There was no excess heat or signs of overheating at these connections, The only splice I have not looked at is the one on the fuel pump where the Aeromotive pigtail is located.. Once I towed the car to the house I verified good voltage to the pump. At this point the pump would not run at all. It just failed. Looking for options...
    1965 FALCON WAGON
    1967 RANCHERO
    1968 MUSTANG GT FASTBACK
    2004 300B MARAUDER TRILOGY #127
    Retired 2003 300A MARAUDER
    NEW ADDITION! 1968 Shelby GT 350

I've had mine in for approximately 8k miles with no issues, but reading this does make me a little nervous

Edit: I've had the pump in about 1 1/2 years as well.
    Last edited by JBeezy; 06-14-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

I am having issues too.

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98092

Mine did this after 300 miles. Unfortunately its not under warranty because I bought it about a year and a half ago.

I removed it, checked everything, and re-installed it yesterday except I left the pick-up sock off because I'll probably be in there again.

Everything works fine, though it still sounds different. Duty cycle is down to 19.5% at idle and fuel pressure is always around 39 no matter the driving conditions. So...
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

Installed mine a little over 2 1/2 years ago (SKU 11140), and haven't had any issues.
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

My Garage

Over 2 1/2 years and about 25000 miles on one of mine with out any trouble. Added the 2 pump, but the old one is still running fine.

Chris Stewart
    03 Marauder
    Paxton 2200
    20" wheels
    637.21rwhp
    538.59rwtq

04 DTR Son's car
    4.10, K&N CAI, Jeff tune
    Headers, underdrive pulley
    297.26 rwhp
    312rwtq

06 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
    305/55 20's

My 2 1/2 year one was being commanded by the non upgraded FPDM to raise the fuel pressure up to about 60 when my (then) return less system was cooking the fuel at the engine as indicated by the FRPS on 85* and up days.
    Once it hit about 59 it would DROP to 17, 11, 9, engine dies for about an hour.. You get the point.

With the same pump on my new return style I haven't had a bit of issues and it just hums right on along recirculating the fuel instead of dead ending it at the overdriven STUPID HOT Trilogy. So that wasn't the pumps problem.

My 4 month old second one sounds like it's bearings are full of sand since new, really bad around quarter tank, but pumps just fine. I'll be swapping it out soon.

Do you have an upgraded FPDM? You say fluctuating. Do you mean raising to a certain point and then dropping to single digits like mine or just being erratic?

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I have had my Aeromotive Stealth about 1 year now. My MM performs far better than it ever did with the OEM Ford part.

I have a Stryker pump and when it gets hot out here 102+ the car will vapor lock and shut off. I am not ready to do a return system yet but I may wrap the fuel rail with thermal protective wrap and the fuel line coming into rail. I may even hook up some type of aux fan and have it blow directly on to fuel rail area.

PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER FROM F.I.T. # 007
    18psi pulley
    MMR built Stroker 5.0+.020 overbore
    Forged Crank/Manley Rods/Manley Pistons
    Billet Oil Pump
    ARP Bolts and head studs
    Snow Methanol Injection
    3500 Stall Converter (PI)
    Stryker 340 Fuel Pump
    45 lbs Injectors
    4:10 gears
    K&N Air Filter
    Factory Spoiler
    Widened Wheels
    Nittos
    170 deg thermostat
    SS Inserts
    Daniel's Colex Billet Supercharged Emblems front and rear
    Trunk organizer

Quote Originally Posted by HBTMD View Post
    I have had my Aeromotive Stealth about 1 year now. My MM performs far better than it ever did with the OEM Ford part.
    That's impossible unless the old pump was bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    I have a Stryker pump and when it gets hot out here 102+ the car will vapor lock and shut off. I am not ready to do a return system yet but I may wrap the fuel rail with thermal protective wrap and the fuel line coming into rail. I may even hook up some type of aux fan and have it blow directly on to fuel rail area.

Wrap the rails and stop there. Should help immensely

No issues with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Wrap the rails and stop there. Should help immensely

Didn't work with mine.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

While we're on the subject, why is it that the fuel pressure rises when it's hot?
    Does this just happen, or is it supposed to?

Chris Stewart
    03 Marauder
    Paxton 2200
    20" wheels
    637.21rwhp
    538.59rwtq

04 DTR Son's car
    4.10, K&N CAI, Jeff tune
    Headers, underdrive pulley
    297.26 rwhp
    312rwtq

06 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
    305/55 20's

Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Pump Durability

Quote Originally Posted by BigM460 View Post
    While we're on the subject, why is it that the fuel pressure rises when it's hot?

Does this just happen, or is it supposed to?

It's an attempt to send cooler fuel from the tank to mix with the hot fuel in the rails to prevent boiling.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

I'm back here now, because I think my fuel pump went out tonight. I'm not 100% sure that's what it is but it's sure looking like it. I'd hate to think my fuel filter is clogged within 4k miles
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information