Thread: Knowledgeable Mechanic in My Area?

Knowledgeable Mechanic in My Area?

Hello All,
    I have owned my Marauder for over three years (I have only owned one other vehicle for over a year). Unfortunately, I did not know this forum existed when I purchased it or even a while thereafter. It would have come in handy as I found out about many of the quirks on these cars on my lonesome (maybe more fun that way but dealt with a hood latch squeak for over a year before I fixed it). Anyway, enough with the babble. I have lived just south of the south suburbs of Chicago my whole life but am now in the Effingham, IL area. I want to see if any of you know who I can trust to work on Marauders as far as timing chain replacement and such. I was just told by a local mechanic that it's not worth fixing anything on my car because it is old. ????? Wow. No one around here has ever seen one and think I chose to put on gangster wheels (factory) because I talk like people from Chi do. I sell cars and have no time to work on mine though I would love to. My Marauder has a little tick that is either lifter or timing chain. Thinking chain as it is only heard when idling and goes away with any amount of throttle. I have never owned a car long enough to have to deal with these problems but though it is "old", it runs like brand new otherwise and has sentimental value to me and driven every single day. I would feel very lucky indeed if any of you owners are even close to my area. Thank you all for your hard work in the past as I have seen many threads that I know would have helped me had I known you existed. Looking forward to an awesome future.

I think that the mechanic wants to be the new owner of your marauder.
    2003 Mercury Grandma on steroids

PM Zack. He lives in NW Indiana and has done more 4V chain work than any regular mechanic.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I need Zacks information.

His screen name is Zack..

He's about 6'2", handsome, witty, delightfully sarcastic, sips fine wine, and enjoys long walks on a moon lit beach.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

From my understanding, he's dreamy!
    Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know!!!
    Production #1489 of 3213/#516 of 997

Timing chain guide replacement will cost you $500 plus parts.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

He's about 6'2", handsome, witty, delightfully sarcastic, sips fine wine, and enjoys long walks on a moon lit beach.

Builder Of Badassery
    And sucks at air hockey.

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

Builder Of Badassery
    Loves Waffle House
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

S*** who doesn't like waffles! I will have to look you up in the near future Zack. I still have family in the south burbs so that trip won't be a hassle. I make it every few months. I'm sure you could tell if the chain is the culprit by just the sound with your experience. I trust my shop buy not necessarily with my car. I definitely don't trust the local Ford dealer. I hear through the rumor mill that they pound down the stuck plugs into tho motor on 5.4's.

Sorry for the typo's. It's been a long day selling cars and I'm still here after hours with a beer in my hand that the boss bought me.

Thread Information