Page 1 of 57 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside!

Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside!

I figured it's time to start the official build thread finally! Many of you here have participated in my discussion thread about the subject, located here:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=97655

As promised, I planned to start a dedicated build thread documenting the swap and turbo kit build/tuning process. Now that things are under way, it's time to start the appropriate thread regarding the matter.

Here is where it begins!

Disassembly of the stock Marauder has commenced. The history of the car has been well documented in the previous thread, so I won't elaborate on that. This process, starts with a perfect and very beautiful example of the Marauder model. End goals are to retain EVERYTHING fully functional, just as I did my turbocharged, chevy powered Vic.

Day 1:

The build for this car is as follows at the present time:

2012 F150 5.0L Coyote
    6R80 trans from above donor
    Turbocharged with air-to-air FMIC as I did on my Vic, via custom made turbo kit produced by myself, as with my other builds.
    Tuned with HP Tuners by myself, as with other builds.
    All fabrication/wiring completed by myself as with past builds.

I ordered the entire donor pullout, which should show in the coming days. I am starting removal of the stock engine/transmission this weekend. It was posted for sale in the appropriate section a while back here on mm.net, and currently has a buyer.

This project will happen in 2 phases. The first phase, I will get the setup in and running all stock, naturally aspirated. This will allow me to work out some of the integration bugs I anticipate, as well as get a solid foundation on tuning before proceeding (I have only tuned forced inducted LS setups prior).
    If time permits this year, there will be dragstrip passes all stock. I have also ran the car as it sits now, all stock, which will give a good baseline on what the Coyote/6A improves over stock.

After that is completed, I will move on to the turbo kit fabrication and phase 2.

The process should really start to take off in the next two weeks once parts arrive, and I anticipate to have some test fit pictures by next weekend at this point.

Final drive video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4MlpJAVrjI

Last edited by 96gt4.6; 07-14-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Subscribed.

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

Can't wait to see more pictures! What power goals do you have in mind?

I will only be happy if this combo can produce the same, if not more, than my turbo Chevy Crown Vic did. On 14psi/race gas, it was around 600 RWHP.

From what i'm finding with the Coyote, those numbers should be very possible. Seems the 5.0L is pretty legit on boost.

dammm dammm dammn.... I wish you went the LS route I just turned some techs on to your project I wanted to follow suit already located a nice LS motor. I guess I better start searching for a a nice Coyote and tranny.

Cant wait for the day when I say astalavista little 281.

Haha, indeed. It literally happened at the last minute after a member here informed me of PBH's Coyote swap accessory brackets, in addition to me finding a full Coyote pullout will all the fixin's, on cheap to say the least.

There is an LS thread on my Vic over on crownvic.net, if you want to pursue that route as well

Can't wait to see this project go forward. I don't have skills or know how to do this, so I'm living vicariously through yours. It will be very interesting to see how the car performs with the more modern drivetrain.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

The LS turbo would be a lot easier than the Coyote. Did you get the DBW throttle pedal?

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Awesome, can't wait to see this!
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    The LS turbo would be a lot easier than the Coyote. Did you get the DBW throttle pedal?
    Idk about that.

I spent a lot of time weighing the conversion. Considering you have to make an alt bracket to lower the alternator on an LS (can't use a high-mount bracket as then you get in the way of the turbo placement), fabricate both the A/C and power steering lines (Coyote setup uses stock Marauder accessories in the stock location), and buy motor mount adapters, it's a pretty close tie.

Both require the same amount of fabrication from that point onward.

But, I cannot say for sure until I complete this installation, and compare it to my Vic LS swap.

On the pedal assembly, I believe I have found a solution (and it does not involve an F150/Mustang pedal, and retains the stock Marauder adjustable pedals). You see, the pedal is simply a potentiometer, it gets a ground, 5v reference and has a signal out circuit. The F150/Mustang used a 2 track potentiometer, whereas a 2005+ Grand Marquis uses a 3 track. My intentions are to install a 2005+ grand marquis adjustable pedal assembly, and make the appropriate wiring changes. More on that when I get there.

This will be fun!

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Subscribing.....
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

you go sir
    03 300a. black #1695 of 7839 born 6/20/02.
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

conversion

Didn't look for it but wasn't that particular conversion done with a manual tranny not a 6 speed auto?

Suggestion ---its fair to assume new components will have to be fabricated for the latest conversion with 6 speed auto
    If its feasible please consider making some extra parts to sell to others who want the same setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Haha, indeed. It literally happened at the last minute after a member here informed me of PBH's Coyote swap accessory brackets, in addition to me finding a full Coyote pullout will all the fixin's, on cheap to say the least.

There is an LS thread on my Vic over on crownvic.net, if you want to pursue that route as well

If you are interested, i have a few mustang coyote intakes with t-bodies rails injectors

I bought a few take offs from a dealer swapping to blowers

My 2011 5.0 auto mustang is a blast to drive, that automatic trans is one of the best attributes of the car. Putting a coyote in the marauder is awesome man! Can't wait to see what it looks like in there...

Page 1 of 57 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread Information