Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside!

conversion

PM sent

Turbov6Bryan;1456478]If you are interested, i have a few mustang coyote intakes with t-bodies rails injectors

I bought a few take offs from a dealer swapping to blowers

My 2011 5.0 auto mustang is a blast to drive, that automatic trans is one of the best attributes of the car. Putting a coyote in the marauder is awesome man! Can't wait to see what it looks like in there...[/QUOTE]

Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside!

Quote Originally Posted by marauderthis View Post
    Didn't look for it but wasn't that particular conversion done with a manual tranny not a 6 speed auto?

No. I chose a Cobra short block and reworked my old heads.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

conversion

The setup is with manual trans which is great but... the Mrs. will be driving it too so 6 speed auto tranny will be the deal

Cant wait to see 96gt4.6 pull the rabbit out of the hat

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    No. I chose a Cobra short block and reworked my old heads.

Builder Of Badassery

Sub'ing...
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Didn't look for it but wasn't that particular conversion done with a manual tranny not a 6 speed auto?

Suggestion ---its fair to assume new components will have to be fabricated for the latest conversion with 6 speed auto
    If its feasible please consider making some extra parts to sell to others who want the same setup.
    Actually it wasn't, I used a 4L80E auto on that setup. Stock vic column shifter/ect all worked with the GM stuff.

After it's complete, depending on my schedule, I might fab a few pieces for this swap, however, the main intent of this thread is for others to follow if they want to pursue this option. Due to not having much spare time, I try not to do much on the side as far as making parts.

Patient is prepped and ready for surgery. Got the cooling system drained and flushed out with water (prevents a mess with coolant when removing the motor):

I still feel really bad for taking such a beautiful running car apart......but I know that, in the end, it will be worth it:

Due to my work schedule, weekdays usually don't produce much work. Friday evening, and Saturday morning there will be a big gaping hole where the stock motor used to reside.

Suggestion ---its fair to assume new components will have to be fabricated for the latest conversion with 6 speed auto
    If its feasible please consider making some extra parts to sell to others who want the same setup.
    I read when you were in the LS decision phase, you offered to document fabbed items to make / sell to support future swaps.
    I highly suggest doing this for the 5.0/6spd auto swap.
    A blue oval, boostable power, modern = winning!
    oops - I see you posted your response to this as I was typing...
    Last edited by chief455; 07-14-2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: posted at same time
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post

I still feel really bad for taking such a beautiful running car apart......but I know that, in the end, it will be worth it:
    Stop feeling bad. Make it YOURS and how YOU want it!
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    Stop feeling bad. Make it YOURS and how YOU want it!
    +20000
    they aren't that rare. Easy to buy a 2003 black
    what is rare will be the 5.0/6spd auto when you're done!
    Pioneering the way to a better car, go fourth with ghusto
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

I still feel really bad...

What??? I dont.
    Just close your eyes and pretend an illegal invaded your engine compartment. If you can't do it i'll come over and rip it out by its little 281 throat.
    You are doing it a big favor --- gut it no mercy.

Nice, can't wait to see this finish
    If it's cheap and reliable it isn't fast
    If it's cheap and fast it isn't reliable
    If it's fast and reliable it isn't cheap

I think I want to pay particular attention to this thread, since I have a line on a new complete Coyote available for under $6000, and comes with FoMoCo factory warranty for 2 years. Fitment and wiring were my main concerns. Hoping I can learn something useful, and help my decision. I originally wanted to go S/C, but since Trilogy isn't an option anymore, I need to look at other avenues.

Quote Originally Posted by MercThunder View Post
    I think I want to pay particular attention to this thread, since I have a line on a new complete Coyote available for under $6000, and comes with FoMoCo factory warranty for 2 years. Fitment and wiring were my main concerns. Hoping I can learn something useful, and help my decision. I originally wanted to go S/C, but since Trilogy isn't an option anymore, I need to look at other avenues.
    And, going this route will get you a considerably stronger motor, in stock form. These look pretty beefy on the bottom end, plus they have the piston oil cooling jets which is great for forced induction. This photo is from an F150 unit with some lower end issues:

Glad to see you went in this direction. Once you start working on the new engine/electronics, you'll love how it makes the 4.6 look and feel dated. Lol.

The F150 5.0 is not that far different from the Mustang Coyote. Yes, the intake cams, pistons, and exhaust manifolds are different. The intake manifold is exactly the same from design standpoint, but it's cast from black instead of gray plastic. Save your money.

The oil pan is the same as well, but the mustang engine comes with a trick oil pan gasket with a built in crank scraper. So add that gasket to your shopping list.

PBH kit will require a newer mustang timing cover as well. There is also a corresponding oil filter adapter. The truck adapter has an option for the oil cooler, but it can be removed if space is an issue.
    97 M8 5.0 6Speed

Stock ? - yeah right ...

^ Thanks for the info!

When that coyote is in there, that may be a route for me. Always loved fords 5.0 motors since my 87 mustang gt

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast

Thread Information