Thread: Rear Suspension

Rear Suspension

Hey guys! 18 (Not very mechanically inclined either) right side of the rear end is sagging. Not horribly but about noticeably different if you look at from one side to the next. I cant honestly tell if i hear the compressor because my exhaust system is just loud enough to drone most things out. Switch is on in the trunk, Left side ride height is fine? I had a shop work on my car and it was at normal ride height when it went in, coming out they told me it had a leak and now its lower then normal.

Should i just buy sun cores full suspension replacement or should i be looking at something else?

Might be the (in)famous "Detroit lean". Pretty common in a lot of our cars for one side to be lower. Check out past threads on this. I don't think it's anything to worry about but if it's something that's going to nag you, you can replace the air bags.

Can't stop the signal...
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Tevon View Post
    Hey guys! 18 (Not very mechanically inclined either) right side of the rear end is sagging. Not horribly but about noticeably different if you look at from one side to the next. I cant honestly tell if i hear the compressor because my exhaust system is just loud enough to drone most things out. Switch is on in the trunk, Left side ride height is fine? I had a shop work on my car and it was at normal ride height when it went in, coming out they told me it had a leak and now its lower then normal.

Should i just buy sun cores full suspension replacement or should i be looking at something else?
    If the compressor was not working both sides would be down. Get under the car with a spray bottle with water and dish soap, spray the bags, fittings and lines, see were the leak is. Repair or replace that part. If it's the bag I'd replace both at the same time...
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    If the compressor was not working both sides would be down. Get under the car with a spray bottle with water and dish soap, spray the bags, fittings and lines, see were the leak is. Repair or replace that part. If it's the bag I'd replace both at the same time...

Should i turn off the susp to prevent the compressor from being ****ed?

And i will have to replace them both i guess, cheaper then my idea (bags and compressor)

If the compressor was not working, the left side would collapse as soon as the system called for more air and the solenoid opened, so you can assume the compressor is working. As to why the right side is lower, you either have a bad air bag, a bad solenoid, or it's actually the front suspension that's causing the tilt. See reply number 2 above.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thread Information