Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Intake and Intake Manifold

Air Intake and Intake Manifold

Last edited by tbone; 08-16-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Oh man, I dig the buggy! Kinwald was a big name in the 90s. I used to run a hobby shop back then. GLWS!!

I'd take that lower unit if you want to separate. GLWS
    Black 300A
    JLT air intake tube w/ aFe CV/GM heat shield
    Cooper Zeon RS3-A in stock sizes (these things ROCK!)
    LCM-saving headlight harness upgrade by Daniel De la Torre
    JVC double-din & amp, Infinity 6x8, Infinity Basslink

Quote Originally Posted by Changinlatitude View Post
    I'd take that lower unit if you want to separate. GLWS
    What do you mean? No lid?

Price is dirt cheap. Put in a bid on ebay. Get lid for free.
    Last edited by tbone; 08-05-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Air intake is sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1 View Post
    Oh man, I dig the buggy! Kinwald was a big name in the 90s. I used to run a hobby shop back then. GLWS!!
    Based on your experience, what do you think it is worth with everything I have in it?

Right now I have 6 watchers on it.

I'm one of those watchers! The radio is still somewhat current. But everything else is obsolete. But vintage is making a huge comeback! So with everything being as new as you say.....I think you are about in line....but if no takers in a couple days lower price to $200.

I'll keep it for my grandson (when he is born) for that little amount. My reserve is obviously higher than the starting bid. One guy wants $200 for a bare chassis.

It's a great car and you have the top of line electronics on it....from the 90's of course. It's a great setup and a time capsule! But all the rage at the moment is vintage 70's and 80's stuff so it hasn't crept to the 90's stuff yet....but in due time it will. If you're expecting more than $300 out of your setup.....then I would probably just keep it like you said and have your grandson enjoy it. Perfect to gain interest in the hobby with that then get something newer if his interest persists! I grew up in the hobby and of course worked at and ran a hobby shop so it's still in my blood and I still tinker with all my stuff and now have my 7yr old daughter hooked!!!

I'm into airplanes. Began in '86, stopped in '97 and now getting back into it. Have 5 airplanes ready and 2 more kits to build. I rarely did ARF's but know it's what everyone wants now. Building from a kit or from scratch is becoming a lost art. Too bad.

Very much so! Everything is....it's the instantaneous generation....want it all right now with no work involved! Somewhat killed the hobby part of. Parents and kids alike would buy ready to run stuff, then when something happened, didn't know how to work on it. Because they never built the car or heli or airplane so they had no concept of how it worked or be taken apart! It was very frustrating on my side of the counter, but also very enjoyable too! Most people cant fathom stick building an airplane with balsa and spruce, then laying down tissue paper and dope to cling.... Or Monokote heat iron material....most enjoyable part is the building process for me!

I like framing up the airplane best. Applying monokote is fun too. Installing servos and final adjustments I find rather tedious. The feeling of satisfaction when it is done and flying is tremendous.

I'm framing up a Quickie 500 right now and an Ace Seamaster 40 is next. The Seamaster looks to be a very challenging build. I'm putting a K/B 6.5 pylon racing engine on the Quickie 500. I'm good at pylon racing and this thing is going to absolutely scream.
    Last edited by tbone; 08-06-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Oh man that sounds fabulous! That Seamaster will be a bad boy! Back in the late 90s K&B went through a bad spell with their engines but picked up quickly and they are great engines again. It was about a2yr period that they had inferior parts then you couldn't get parts either....but fabulous engines now.

This k/b I bought used and would say it is from the 80's, possibly older. The guy I bought it from was an old timer in our club and he said it ran perfectly. We'll see.

Yeah those were the great ones there.....no issues out of those older ones.....will run for years!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information