Thread: Best looking/sounding XM receiver is???

Best looking/sounding XM receiver is???

Can someone please give advice on choosing an XM receiver. I know the aftermarket kinds that are sold in retail stores require a cassette adapter to be run through your stock stereo. For looks, this just isn't an option for me. Are there better choices?...maybe some indash receivers that fit the factory hole? Please help!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by USN_Lifer
    Can someone please give advice on choosing an XM receiver. I know the aftermarket kinds that are sold in retail stores require a cassette adapter to be run through your stock stereo. For looks, this just isn't an option for me. Are there better choices?...maybe some indash receivers that fit the factory hole? Please help!

Brian
    Consider the XM Commander. Check out my gallery for pictures of my install, and look for the thread on this install. This will direct connect to your head unit using RCA connections for best sound quality, and with an adapter (either P.I.E. or Blitzsafe) it will connext using the existing data cable in your car (if you have a CD changer) or will plug into the port on the back of the head unit where the cable for the cd changer would be (if you don't have the cd changer).

Go to the XM Radio website. They have a listing of XM radio receivers, including the XM Commander.

djcoak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by USN_Lifer

Brian
    There are tons of choices. I would say go to Crutchfiled.com and look at what they have. But when you see something you like, make sure you look more on the net as you can usually find a better deal out there.

USAF Lifer

Thread Information