Thread: Battery Cable

Battery Cable

Hi everyone. I'm to the point where I need to run the positive and negative cables to the driver's side of the car. Input on how you all did this would be wonderful. And nothing like "just run it". I need some help on the how to do it. I've been looking at some butt connectors but I'm not sure that's the way to right/easiest way to go. I also know that I'll run the cables in the front of the Marauder. I'm not much of a vehicle electrician, hence why I'm asking. Thank you all for helping me out.
    2004 DTR Marauder - Mods in the works.

Born-05 January 2004
    #1253 of a build of 3214
    #400 of 980 manufactured in Dark Toreador Red

The ground can be unscrewed from the block and reused on the drivers side in another empty hole.

I simply removed the positive cable from the battery to the fuse box and replaced it with a longer one to reach the drivers side.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Personally I'd upgrade the ground(s) and positive cables to 4 gauge with the proper terminals, soldered and heat shrink tubed. Any connections(s) that are not soldered will cause problems later on... usually at the most inopportune time.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thanks for the information and help!
    2004 DTR Marauder - Mods in the works.

Born-05 January 2004
    #1253 of a build of 3214
    #400 of 980 manufactured in Dark Toreador Red

I used 2 awg when I did my battery relocation to the trunk. the positive lead I used to go from the battery to the junction box was long enough to reach the CJB from the battery uninterrupted, however the 2 awg piece of cable I used to run to my relocated alternator, I used a piece of left over amp ground wire and used a solid, heavy duty inline connector that opposed to crimping, had 2 large hex bolts that screwed down on the wires on both sides. I wrapped the entire thing in electrical tape, as the entire connector was exposed aluminum. Put large diameter split loom over it and wrapped more electrical tape around it and then zip tied it to my core support. Noting but smooth sailing so far...
    2004 Crown Victoria painted in dark blue pearl (DX) M122 powered 4V conversion w/ supporting mods

9 thread Terminator heads/cams
    OEM 2v shortblock
    Ported/polished M122
    3.65" upper
    Metco stock sized lower ring
    SW ceramic coated LTs
    Power Bulge hood
    GT500 rims
    Zack brakes
    417 rwhp / 437 ft-lb @ 9psi
    Tuned by Greg at RET. Downey, CA

Thread Information